HomeServe UK Anonymous Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 19 Mar 2018

2.2
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed

"Fabrications, lies & mistruths"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The HomeServe family, inclusive and all.

Cons

The HomeServe family, hello Nan you have become old and are no longer viable, therefore you must leave the family. Doesn’t happen in a real family does it.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to all the staff, eServe, Service Bench these are designed to lay people off. Not make the family life easier, the directors will get bonus this year, the rest are us wont. Nobody cares about the staff, families don’t give up on their members. High power director despots do. Has anyone really thought about the budget being rubbish, the products encourage over 50%! Uptake, great well budget for it! Don’t... kick us in ios for spending more when we have to do more. We will get a whistleblower again, mark my words,

HomeServe UK2018-03-19

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Preston, North West England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the main a reasonably good place to work. Made many friends here and the family atmosphere really showed through. The director I worked for was extremely compassionate and led the area with great intuition and direction.

Cons

Spoilt by some very horrible immature individuals, in management positions who made life unbearable if you didn't fit in with them. Awful IT systems. No HR presence, leaving you in the hands of the people making your daily life a misery.

Advice to Management

Need a proper grievance procedure to cut out childish unprofessional behaviour

HomeServe UK2018-02-02

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at HomeServe UK part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at HomeServe for just over 5 years there has been some big changes made all for the better putting our customers first. The front line are encouraged and empowered to " do the right thing". The focus on people is great lots of activities / events such as Summer festival family and friends are welcomed to attend, recognition awards and much more ( too many to list ). For me personally I have ongoing... health issues that have always been supported which makes things easier at what sometimes can be difficult times.

Cons

Implementing new process can be slow moving. Communication between different sites this can sometimes feel like "us and them" we all work for the same company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and listening to your people.

HomeServe UK2017-03-01

"believe"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the people that work here are amazing, always willing to help and build friendships out of work too and all the great charity work that goes on behind the scenes. from senior management right down to csr/engineer level everyone wants to same thing and that is to build the brand and make our customers happy by being the best we can be. I feel as I have a voice that is listened to and people will take notice of... things that are said. I have worked here for over 5 years now and have been through the "rough" times, and can honestly say this is a far cry from where we were and can never see us going back that way..... i can see the business continuously growing in each company and us always improving our service.

Cons

the pay isn't as great as other company's for the same roles, but the environment makes up for that (kind of, everyone could always do with more money) i get the feeling in certain positions/departments its a very much "face fits"

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing and don't lose focus of what matters for not only the customers but the people on the lower rungs too.

HomeServe UK2016-05-09

"Energy, enthusiasm and focus on people, both customers and employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having recently joined previous employers are relatively fresh in my mind. Without wanting to be too evangelical this is a great place to work and appears to be on an upward curve of improvement. There is a real focus on employee engagement, having fun and recognising those who do a good job. The principle of putting the customer first and at the heart of the stratgey for future growth is refreshing what is more... refreshing is the fact that it is sincere.

Cons

This environment will not be for everyone, but if you like to strive for continual improvement whilst having some fun along the way you are more than likley to fit in.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path of placing people first - both customers and employees. Success will follow. There will be no need to chase profit, happy customers and engaged employees = successful business!

HomeServe UK2014-06-18

"Ignorance"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

The people you meet. But I guess you find that anywhere. Honestly not much else..was great in the past they shared the profits by providing decent salary. But not anymore.its always been customer focused they did bring about a few good ideas for customers recently nothing major in my opinion..

Cons

well first of all the pressure they put for conversion and all other targets and not learnt anything from the fine they received. they are minimising staff and increasing workload so be ready for alot of stress if you want to join.believe me and they still got the facefit culture..they will look at stupid objectives to force you out and going forward they aint got a clue. Just lucky they can rip-off the... international market now.

Advice to Management

i'm grateful of the past years you helped quite alot. homeserve has always been customer focused, this culture you've created as to blame the staff and people who had been there for years is wrong..the senior managment sucks don't know how you sourced them. they have no care for your employees they are human not robots. stop being tight and re-invest in the people..i was happy for many years. I suggest you learn to... meet the needs of your employees, they then will be willing to do more. Your new employees will have similar needs. so you either keep sacking or keep them loyal, if you catch my drift, for your front line staff as you call them..

HomeServe UK2014-07-20

"Transformed"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I just plain love this company, they care about the customer, they care about employees - have you ever worked where there's free gym membership, bus passes, free ATMs at work, Starbucks concessions, free onsite parking, CPR training, a car valeter (ok you gotta pay for that one), a charity department, a hardship fund for customers. Senior management and directors (a lot of people are called director here) are... frontline focused, engaged and approachable - which is another MASSIVE plus.

Cons

It's hard to work here, fast, targeted, but sometimes the HR process lets it's managers down. They have to wing it as they get lost in what HR advises, remote occ health advice, doesn't take too long to realise these departments don't get what the frontline do.

Advice to Management

Keep your faith, the strategy is right, the leadership generally strong, keep investing in staff, change HR.

HomeServe UK2014-05-31