HomeServe UK Anonymous Reviews

3.9
HomeServe UK CEO Greg Reed
Greg Reed
1 Rating
  1. "They look after some"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team, always opportunities to learn

Cons

The disparity in pay £8000 a year difference for engineers doing the same job and it’s not based on skills just luck of when you joined

June 9, 2020

Hi there, thanks for your review, I'm pleased that it does feel like a great team! On your salary point, I wouldn't say it was luck. We previously had a system that incentivised the wrong things, speed over quality, jobs completed over Customer satisfaction etc and wasn't representative of our values or the way we approach serving Customers. So we undertook a massive project to change that and to give our engineers the opportunity to use their professional judgment and be measured on metrics that really reflected HomeServe. In removing the previous system, I didn't want to take money away from people, so if you'd done very well out of that incentive scheme before, you got to retain your existing salary under the new system; Trust Pay. We knew that the scheme had resulted in overpaying, so now we pay the right rate to people who join us to help ensure we attract and retain good people. Yes, history means that some longer-standing employees earn more money and that those levels won't be available to new employees but that's a legacy that won't last and I'm not going to apologise for not cutting people's money. Plenty of other firms would have cut everybody's money, but we're not like that. Martin

2. COVID-19

"Keep it up!"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

HomeServe provide alot of good benefits and schemes to their employee's. During Covid-19 have looked to ensure the health and safety of staff members is a high priority whilst also putting the customers needs first. - Providing free Emergency Cover to all NHS Staff shows how strong of a position HomeServe are in, how dymanic they are as a business and how generous and thankful they are of the major keyworkers.

Cons

There is nothing bad to say about working for HomeServe currently in this pandemic.

"Fabrications, lies & mistruths"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The HomeServe family, inclusive and all.

Cons

The HomeServe family, hello Nan you have become old and are no longer viable, therefore you must leave the family. Doesn’t happen in a real family does it.

March 22, 2018Director of Quality

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I don’t know your exact situation so I'm working in the dark a little but I'll try and address your points. Might be easier if you come and see me. First then, systems. We are investing significantly in new systems so that we can make it easier for our People to get it right for Customers, which will ultimately be better for our business. After all of the time we have spent in all of our communications activity - and you have been here for five years so you've seen some of it at some point - explaining exactly why we are making systems investments, and exactly what they are going to do, I am genuinely disappointed and more than a little bit surprised that you have reached a different conclusion. Second, I don't agree with you that we don't care for our People. Two things I would say to this. All businesses undergo change and it is how they deal with that change that is a measure of them. We have announced some necessary changes recently. It is very hard for the People potentially impacted by these changes but all the way through our focus has been on making it the best it could possibly be for them. I would also say that if we are guilty of anything, particularly in Preston, it is not having better and more honest performance conversations. On bonuses, you are wrong that the are different qualifying rules depending on a person's level in the company. Our management bonus scheme is linked to our objectives, end of. Last, with regard to budget, I'm not sure what the point is you are making, sorry. We want our Customers to claim on their products so they can experience our service. Perhaps if you could explain to me your specific concern then I could understand and respond properly. Again, would be easier if you came to see me or talk to your line manager. We are a business that values feedback and supports transparency. If you don't think that is the case then our confidential whistle blowing hotline is 0800 374 199. Hopefully we can speak. Gareth.

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Preston, North West England, England

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

In the main a reasonably good place to work. Made many friends here and the family atmosphere really showed through. The director I worked for was extremely compassionate and led the area with great intuition and direction.

Cons

Spoilt by some very horrible immature individuals, in management positions who made life unbearable if you didn't fit in with them. Awful IT systems. No HR presence, leaving you in the hands of the people making your daily life a misery.

February 19, 2018Director of Quality

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. There is definitely a family atmosphere at all HomeServe offices, we’re great at celebrating and we try to do a lot for the People who work so hard for us. IT systems are slow? Yep – we’re working on it. I do, however, disagree with a lot of your comments. Everyone has access to HR; you can use the intranet, pick up a phone, or access the contacts list via email. We've also recently taken action to ensure a representative of HR sits within the contact centre. Your comments about management are not something that I recognise. I can’t agree, or act on your comments without having the opportunity to speak with you further. If you would like to talk to me about any of this, please email gareth.hanmer@homeserve.com I’m sorry that you decided not to come and talk to me before leaving. Gareth Hanmer, Director of Quality

"Great Place to work"

I have been working at HomeServe UK part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at HomeServe for just over 5 years there has been some big changes made all for the better putting our customers first. The front line are encouraged and empowered to " do the right thing". The focus on people is great lots of activities / events such as Summer festival family and friends are welcomed to attend, recognition awards and much more ( too many to list ). For me personally I have ongoing health issues that have always been supported which makes things easier at what sometimes can be difficult times.

Cons

Implementing new process can be slow moving. Communication between different sites this can sometimes feel like "us and them" we all work for the same company.

March 13, 2017Digital Communications Manager

Thanks for posting a review. That's a really good description of our Customer First initiative in which People are able to recommend instances in which Customers may need a bit of extra help. Thanks for your comments on communication between sites too, I understand your point, I do think this has improved with communications tools like our live broadcasts and all-company events. You can always grab the Communications team if you'd like to talk about this.

"believe"

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the people that work here are amazing, always willing to help and build friendships out of work too and all the great charity work that goes on behind the scenes. from senior management right down to csr/engineer level everyone wants to same thing and that is to build the brand and make our customers happy by being the best we can be. I feel as I have a voice that is listened to and people will take notice of things that are said. I have worked here for over 5 years now and have been through the "rough" times, and can honestly say this is a far cry from where we were and can never see us going back that way..... i can see the business continuously growing in each company and us always improving our service.

Cons

the pay isn't as great as other company's for the same roles, but the environment makes up for that (kind of, everyone could always do with more money) i get the feeling in certain positions/departments its a very much "face fits"

Continue reading

"Energy, enthusiasm and focus on people, both customers and employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Walsall, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having recently joined previous employers are relatively fresh in my mind. Without wanting to be too evangelical this is a great place to work and appears to be on an upward curve of improvement. There is a real focus on employee engagement, having fun and recognising those who do a good job. The principle of putting the customer first and at the heart of the stratgey for future growth is refreshing what is more refreshing is the fact that it is sincere.

Cons

This environment will not be for everyone, but if you like to strive for continual improvement whilst having some fun along the way you are more than likley to fit in.

"Ignorance"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at HomeServe UK full-time

Pros

The people you meet. But I guess you find that anywhere. Honestly not much else..was great in the past they shared the profits by providing decent salary. But not anymore.its always been customer focused they did bring about a few good ideas for customers recently nothing major in my opinion..

Cons

well first of all the pressure they put for conversion and all other targets and not learnt anything from the fine they received. they are minimising staff and increasing workload so be ready for alot of stress if you want to join.believe me and they still got the facefit culture..they will look at stupid objectives to force you out and going forward they aint got a clue. Just lucky they can rip-off the international market now.

"Transformed"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Preston, North West England, England

I have been working at HomeServe UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

I just plain love this company, they care about the customer, they care about employees - have you ever worked where there's free gym membership, bus passes, free ATMs at work, Starbucks concessions, free onsite parking, CPR training, a car valeter (ok you gotta pay for that one), a charity department, a hardship fund for customers. Senior management and directors (a lot of people are called director here) are frontline focused, engaged and approachable - which is another MASSIVE plus.

Cons

It's hard to work here, fast, targeted, but sometimes the HR process lets it's managers down. They have to wing it as they get lost in what HR advises, remote occ health advice, doesn't take too long to realise these departments don't get what the frontline do.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 9 reviews