Hitachi Capital (UK) Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Dec 10, 2019

3.8
Hitachi Capital (UK) Chief Executive Officer Robert Gordon
Robert Gordon
Pros
  • "Consumer Finance division is an extremely fast-paced working environment, constantly looking for ways to be the best at what we do(in 9 reviews)

• "As an employer they clearly look for excellent performance but also encourage achieving a good work / life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "Senior management lack direction which is both stressful and confusing for staff(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Busineess Development

I worked at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive colleagues Great benefits Great ethos and culture

Cons

Better communication with operational teams would have been beneficial.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-12-04
  2. "Stuck in the 90s and a bit average really..."

Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Plenty of project work to be involved in - Nice offices with free tea and coffee - Average pay - Annual appraisal related bonuses - The business wants to be seen as a great employer so tries to tick the occasional box

Cons

The business is crying out for some inspirational and innovative leaders!

Advice to Management

Wanting to be seen as a forward thinking employer is not enough, you need to actually do some forward thinking too! Take a look at the photos you post on LinkedIn of your senior managers collecting your latest awards; STILL a group of pale stale males in dinner jackets...really?! C'mon, it's 2019!

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-12-10
  3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Contract Support Manager in Trowbridge, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great values that are followed from the top down. Nice office with on site parking. Good bonus scheme. Vouchers at Christmas. A culture of recognition and reward. Fresh fruit delivered daily. Down to earth senior management. Agile working. Private healthcare. Other nice little perks include, advent calendars at Christmas, reduced Christmas working hours, Easter eggs, occasional pizzas to celebrate big... successes, free use coffee vending machines, employee social events.

Cons

I always miss the sandwich vans so would be nice to have an on site canteen.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding people and celebrating our success.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-11-25
  4. "I love it here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We are really well looked after with great employee benefits, from the big things like pay, bonus, pension to the small gestures like advent calendars and Easter eggs. We pride ourselves on delivering a great service to our customers and there is a great investment in developing our knowledge and skills with a huge array of learning opportunities.

Cons

For me, it's quite a long way from home and my journey can take longer than I would like.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-10-28
  5. "Good values"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, good values, good products

Cons

Slow speed of change and outdated processes/systems

Advice to Management

Employ more support staff!

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-10-22
  6. "small part of a larger Japanese overlords"

Current Employee - IT Technical Support Engineer in Staines, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

ok on the face of it

Cons

management do not listen or respond

Advice to Management

open yor ears, close your biases

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-08-18
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Leeds, England

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly team, opportunities to learn new skills and develop career have increased in the past few months. My manager really cares and all of the managers are really approachable. You are encouraged to think about a career at Hitachi. Fun atmosphere in the office with lots of events.

Cons

It can be busy and sometimes team meetings get cancelled

Advice to Management

Keep being approachable, keep giving us the opportunities to develop and keep up the recognition of people who try hard and give great customer service!

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-07-24

"Used to be great however now in a constant state of limbo"

Current Employee - Collections in Leeds, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good down to Earth staff, for the most part. The facilities are modern and parking is free and just over the road. Pay fluctuates but isn't bad and there is a sense of community with those you immediately work with. The annual bonus and Christmas gift is always appreciated If you want to progress then there are opportunities but I'd do a secondment if possible before committing to a move.

Cons

The place is currently in limbo and no one knows what they're doing. Recent 'multi-skilling' has meant you now do the job of two or even three people with a minimal pay increase and no support. Senior management seem to be hell bent on providing change for the sake of change and it's leaving staff confused, frustrated and incredibly overworked. As a new starter i'd consider a rethink. You join in the hopes of... joining a company on the brink of positive change only to find ill-equipped staff, massive gaps in knowledge and those most experienced jumping ship. Not the fault of staff or agents but senior management. HR are literally non existent with someone coming in and then leaving every 9 months or so meaning no stability. The whole business is reliant on one person, who is great and will make time for you, but I for one pity her.

Advice to Management

Two things: Communication. You need to let your staff know they're free to voice their opinions and concerns and not bully or belittle them. More Staff. You can cross train all you want but asking so much of so few is a sure fire recipe for disaster. The staff are fragile and ignoring it will only make things worse.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-06-21
  9. "Good company but subject to the department and individual manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New comer’s pay is not bad, higher than market avg

Cons

Conservative and behind the market movement

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-06-05

"Lack of direction and ability to make decisions from senior management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

I worked at Hitachi Capital (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free parking and coffee. People generally nice and supportive. HR department incredibly approachable. Quartly social events.

Cons

Company currently struggling through a time of change. Senior management lack direction which is both stressful and confusing for staff. This has lead to employees lacking support and being left in limbo for almost half a year. Salary and benefits are ok, but not comparable to industry average. The salary gap became shockingly evident after moving to another company in the finance sector. Behind the times with... lack of flexible working and the ability to work from home. With the office becoming full and cramped, this would benefit the company greatly.

Advice to Management

Accept that delaying decision is creating misery for staff. Accept that the business is no longer small and needs to transition into a more corporate set up before it’s too late.

Hitachi Capital (UK)2019-03-30