Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 18 Jun 2020

3.8
Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE President and CEO Antonio Neri
Antonio Neri
1,288 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no cons to working here(in 172 reviews)

• "mundane work, workforce reductions, higher management(in 136 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Nice working environment, but at mercy of corporate restructuring"

5.0
    Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Galway

I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very nice working environment in Galway and local management are very good

Cons

At the mercy of changes at corporate level to which we have very little input

Continue reading
  2. "Nice work environment, good people"

I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

Pros

Nice work environment, good people

Cons

Limited face to face training resource

3. "HPE would be a great company by fixing their payroll issues"

Former Employee - Tech Server Support Engineer in Leixlip

I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, Great location, Great colleagues and Great salary

Cons

Payroll makes mistakes and blames Revenue Management says they can't fix anything, telling you it is not their fault They won't even offer an emergency loan to cover the part they owe you until it can be fixed the next month

Continue reading
  4. "Good Tech, Nice people"

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Galway
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There lots of benefits when it comes to learning more about latest tech and working on cutting edge projects when it comes to Infrastructure/private/public clouds People are nice, work environment is good

Cons

low salary specially for people coming from abroad. cafeteria is not that good some people are overwhelmed with work and others just counting stars Almost no career growth, you'll remain in the same job till you move to another role by applying or quit ...

"Good experience but.."

2.0

I have been working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE

Pros

Talented people and friendly work environment. Interesting and varied work if you can manage to not get outsourced/sold to another company/laid off.

Cons

Good place to get some experience but no longer the company it once was. Constant re-orgs and team changes are distracting and disruptive to getting actual work done.

6. "Working environment"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Kuala Lumpur

I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work environment with flexi arrangements

Cons

Limited career progression once you are at Expert lvl due to limitation of roles in Finance COE

7. "Good environment, confusing internships"

Former Intern - Sales Assistant

I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE for less than a year

Pros

The work environment and culture were very good. I enjoyed my time there as I was trusted with loose supervision and smartworking has always been a possibility. I had the chance to skip work days to attend classess (I had class once per week) and in general my supervisor never complained when I had to remain for other reasons. The office was equipped with a very good canteen (meals included in the contract) and office spaces where very nice. In general, I had the chance to see that most people were free to come in later and walk out earlier than standard office hours as long as they delivered results. Most interns are eventually offered the chance to turn into full-time at the end of the internship, most of which are relocated to Spain.

Cons

Loose supervision backfired sooner than later. Once I got used to my task and was able to run them in less then half the time, I found myself with too much free time. They allowed me to study during office hours and work on my thesis, but too often were unable to provide me with anything new. At one point I simply stopped asking for new opportunities and decided to focus on personal projects. Spending time with other interns, I realized this was something that happened to 30%-50% of us while other's supervisors kept on trusting them with new tasks or projects.

8. "Good organisation to learn"

5.0
    Former Employee - Financial Associate in Bangalore

I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE full-time

Pros

Good working environment , lots of scope to learn , good work life balance

Cons

Works load gets hectic at peak session

9. "Not the company it used to be, but still not bad"

Former Employee - Enterprise Search Architect in Roseville, CA

I worked at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Positive work environment - Mature HR, logistics, policies - Still care about their people

Cons

- Strategy poorly conveyed - Process heavy - Required co-location (no remote) - Not the glorious company it used to be

Continue reading
  10. "Technical Support Engineer"

Current Contractor - Technical Support Engineer in Electronics City

I have been working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise | HPE for more than a year

Pros

Good Work Environment, Good Pantry, Good Cab Facility , Manager is too good. Work facility is great. They allow WFH. Manager never say No. Very Supportive to his employees.

Cons

For Contract Employees there's no job security. You really need to keep you performance on top of your game to stay in the business for a long run. Yes Manager is very nice and too good and other fellow employees take the advantage out of that. Badged employees are laid back as they have their job secured and no fear of termination if they perfom badly. Less salary pacakge for the contracters. HPE is sucking blood in form of contract hiring and doing a cost cutting when it comes to direct hiring. Equal work is done rather contract workers put more effort but only the badged employees are getting benefitted when it comes to salary,upskilling, allowances, leaves, everything. HPE is a heaven for the badged employees.

Found 704 reviews