Hays Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
  1. "Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very inclusive culture, everyone is lovely to work with. I love working with my team every day and my manager. Training is amazing. My manager has already outline my career plan for the next 18 months.

Cons

The job is hard although rewarding.

Hays2019-11-26
  2. "Excellent company that focuses on employee development and engagement"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant work environment and culture. Training offered at all levels is way above industry standard. Even senior managment receive regular training. Brilliant commission scheme and massive earning potential All staff are friendly and social Brilliant opportunities for career progression

Cons

Not a con but - Job depends on your own self will and perseverance- if you cannot motivate yourself to succeed and perform high levels of activity without micromanagement you will not succeed

Advice to Management

Great work !

Hays2019-11-25

"Working at Hays"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Hays

Pros

training & Commission is about all that are pro's.

Cons

Long hours, Brutal basic pay, very little benefits.

Advice to Management

Improve the basic pay, have more training and development for senior staff to try retain the employees past the 18-24 month mark

Hays2017-01-31
  4. "Excellent Career Progression"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Hays

Pros

Supportive management, great training, clear progression paths, rewarding job, constantly meeting new people and great work hard play hard culture.

Cons

Base salary is quite low but if you work hard the commission can more than make up for that, you have to be willing to put in the work though as with everything.

Hays2017-01-18

"Great company culture who hire the best people!"

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere in the office, fantastic training and opportunities to fast track your career. Hays always hire great people, you cna develop really great working relationships with your colleagues. Work hard play hard-with plenty of opportuites for socialising. You are given the atonumy to run your own business, and your suggestions and ideas are very much welcomed by management.

Cons

Base salary is very low, and commission structure could be better, but there are plenty of opportunities to win incenitves. The earning potential can vary from desk to desk and is not always down to the individual who works on it!

Advice to Management

Increase base salary to retain staff long term... improve overall facilities

Hays2016-08-05
  6. "Good place to start your agency recruitment experience with great, ongoing training"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are all very like minded and you get on well. The training is second to none and ongoing throughout your career. Fast progression with a real focus on promo targets throughout.

Cons

Can be a little backwards at times. Depending on manager you can be micro managed. There can be a high expectation which is unrealistic. Takes a certain personality to stay here long term.

Hays2020-01-13
  7. "Exceptional training, development and management team"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Committed and hardworking managing and director team who are keen to upskill employees and keep them in the business. You can have a very successful career at Hays. Team is chatty and we have fun everyday in the office. Lots of progression on offer if you show drive and ask for it. Lots of incentives and rewards which make staff valued and rewarded for our hard work. Your success is what you make of it, if you put the hard work in you'll see results.

Cons

Expectations to be in the office for 40-50 hours per week is too much and way above industry standards. Very corporate office environment. Lack of flexibility even with "flexible working" - 1 hour either side and approved by management beforehand is not flexible and no options to work from home. Maternity pay is standard and based on base salary no matter how long you've been in the business or what level you are. When you start there is luck of the draw in whether your desk is hot, warm or cold and promotions are based on fees not effort so that impacts new recruits. Only take on entry level recruiters due to salary being too low for market rate. Salary and commission is a LOT lower compared to market rate.

Advice to Management

To retain staff, start acknowledging what other agencies are doing better e.g salary, commission, mat pay, benefits and amend the flexible working policy to working from home and actually being flexible. Keep doing what you're doing regarding training and development as that is next to none!

Hays2019-12-08
  8. "Changed my life"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Auckland, Auckland

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

An amazing company that has supported and grown me personally and from a business sense. They've given me the skills and confidence succeed in business going forwards. Opens up international opportunities.

Cons

It can be highly addictive at times

Hays2019-12-01
  9. "Hard work but well rewarded"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Leicester, England

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good incentives Knowledgeable colleagues Interesting work Good development opportunities

Cons

Long hours (as with all recruitment) Backwards thinking when it comes to flexible working/work-life balance initiatives Great when it is going well, but management struggles when it is not

Hays2019-11-05
  10. "Great culture, lots of opportunities if you're willing to work hard"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Leeds, England

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Vibrant office atmosphere Quick progression early on Good commission once you get to Senior Consultant

Cons

42.5hr a week standard contract Poor basic salaries by comparison Standardised KPIs which don't take into account your specific market

Advice to Management

More hours in the office doesn't equal higher productivity Offer more flexibility

Hays2019-10-23