Find jobs for Principal Consultant

Current Employee

They care

Jan 12, 2021 - Principal Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

A really fun environment with good people. Great place to learn

Cons

Industry has low salaries for junior staff and Hays is no different

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hays

Jul 29, 2019 - Principal Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Training, Rewards, Celebrations, Doing the Right thing by Candidates & Clients and Recruiting IT Systems

Cons

Back house IT Systems and Automation

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Toxic environment and bullying encouraged

May 13, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Sheffield, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training via Hays is excellent for those new to recruitment- globally its a good company , the issue is all with Sheffields local office

Cons

Bullying actively encouraged - managers very dishonest, encourage you to lie to clients and work with no integrity. Culture of Sheffield office encourages Consultants to work against each other rather than as a team, micromanaged with intense KPIs and it feels very much like a contact centre in the way management treat people. Awful work environment, there wasn't a week that went by that there wasn't somebody crying in the toilets, usually due to management bullying

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work in recruitment

Mar 24, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management and fair pay structure

Cons

Could be more opportunities outside of billing

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Feb 7, 2022 - Principal Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great progression - Good commission structure - Flexible working

Cons

- Cant think of any

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good company - but be mindful

Jan 11, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Melbourne
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, team culture and mid level management. Very supportive and definitely pay recognition when it is due. Very personably management (even upper level training from the MD which is amazing). Opens a lot of doors for future careers.

Cons

I originally had a wonderful experience with Hays. The only con is, they pay WAY under market and they show attributes of every stereotype of a public company. I left due to being offered an opportunity that was a step forward in my career but also money and working conditions that Hays wouldn't match. They have recently moved to a CEM model (don't let them sell you the dream - it is a capped commission structure that increases the margin on your headcount in the companies favour) during a pandemic where they knew people wouldn't be able to leave. After my resignation - I received my final pay which I found to have the ONLY benefit they pay to their employees deducted (Hays Rewards) as I did not work the full financial year. I have spent over 4 years at Hays and was considered a fairly high biller (minus Covid). After asking to have this money returned, all I got was a screenshot of their policy and no reply from HR. Really disappointing and would be mindful of recommending them as a workplace. It is clear with the amount of turnover they are experiencing that these are common frustrations.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0

Great place to work

Dec 1, 2021 - Principal Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at the London Ebury Gate office which had a great work culture that was inclusive and rewarding. The senior management team are all great leaders who have infinite wisdom and motivation to share. Having worked for other recruitment companies since, what really sets apart Hays' Senior Management Team is their accessibility and presence in the office with an open-door policy, and how invested they are in getting to know every consultant by name within their building (even if the consultant is not within their division) as well as things about them. The company understands how to reward consultants for their successes and has multiple reward schemes, social activities, and incentives that run on a regular basis. A successful recruitment consultant will likely never be short of rewards or upcoming incentive events in any given month/quarter. Being a large company with over 20 specialisms and also an international company, there is plenty of opportunity to move within the company, which I was thoughtfully offered to at one stage but declined due to personal reasons. The initial training I received as a new consultant has still to this day been the best training I've experienced by miles, and remains very memorable to me as it was highly enjoyable, practical, and the only classroom training where I did not remember losing attention for even a second. Hays would certainly be a top company for new recruitment consultants to join, and can also be a very rewarding place for experienced consultants if having the highest personal earnings in the market are not their top priority for a satisfying job.

Cons

Hays is a very lean but efficient large company, the cons of being lean can come with frustrations in certain business functions, e.g. outsourced temp payroll that can be very inflexible in their support compared to an in-house payroll team, and unwillingness to invest upfront in adding resources to teams whose potential are restricted by lack of resources; the consultants of these teams will often leave for other recruitment companies that are more specialist or invested in their area. The salary and commission scheme (in 2019, may have changed since) was not the most competitive, however, the trade-off is all the pros mentioned.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Good place to work

Oct 10, 2021 - Principal Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very rewarding if you hit target consistently. Lots of incentives A work hard, play hard culture

Cons

None, Hays is a good agency to work for if you're looking for a career in recruitment.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Agency to work for

Oct 8, 2021 - Principal Consultant in Plymouth, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Promotions - Team mates - Awards - Culture - Clear incentives - Moral

Cons

- None I love it

10. 3.0

Hays

Oct 19, 2021 - Principal Consultant in Nottingham, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best training and sets you up for a great career in recruitment, great opportunities for promotion

Cons

Not enough trust in employees, internal competition can turn nasty and too competitive when you’re already competing against other agencies. Managers seem to pull rank and employees treated like children by headmaster

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews