Hays Associate Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 16 Jan 2020

4.0
Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
  1. "Associate Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Galway

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Global organisation, with over 50 years of expertise in the market place.

Cons

There are no Cons to list

Hays2018-08-20

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

Exposure to the world of business and recruitment

Cons

Pay, management, too focused on KPI activity rather than meaningful activity

Hays2019-10-09

"Hays was not the company they sell themselves as"

Former Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn a great amount about recruitment from the moment you get in there. The HR department were super helpful and assured you that they were there for all your needs as an employee. Fast paced and no two days were the same.

Cons

My cons outweigh my pros by far. During the interview process, I was not given a job description and was not told what my position would be in the company or what sector I would be working in. The pay is very low for a Dublin based job. The environment in the sector I worked in was filled with very pretentious individuals who spoke badly of some of the candidates they were seeking jobs for. They were very unhelpful and there were too busy to help train in a new employee. I am sure other departments were different but the department I was placed in was very rude and discriminatory towards graduates. I would not recommend this job to a new graduate. Look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Give world class training if that is what you are claiming to offer.

Hays2018-12-04
  4. "Really enjoy working at Hays!"

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

The managers and directors are always very available and offer a lot of support and encouragement. It is a very friendly, sociable place to work and they recognise achievements at all levels and in a number of ways.

Cons

The base salaries are quite low but the earning potential with commission is good.

Hays2016-10-04
  5. "Dublin Office - Friendly & Welcoming"

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Completed my first month at Hays Dawson Street and its going really well. Everyone has been extremely welcoming and friendly. It's an intense learning curve but everyone gives you the confidence to get on with the job. I've been here only a month and already confirmed 2nd interviews for a job, which is an incredible feeling. My manager has been really supportive, along with Senior consultants everyone is open to helping you succeed. I can't wait to go on my training in a few weeks, amazing company that provides such full on training. You really get out of what you put in, it's all there for the taking. It's a really diverse job and when you get the full 360 of what you are doing it's really interesting and you won't get bored!

Cons

Getting over nerves of getting on the phone! Best advice to anyone starting out new, start making calls on your first day!

Advice to Management

Nothing so far...enjoying everything at the moment.

Hays2016-09-19
  6. "Dream Graduate Job"

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

The main thing for me about joining Hays is that there is a clear career progression path, which for me after completing university is exactly what I was looking for. The training and assistance I have had from my colleagues, managers and HR since I've started has been really great they have helped me to fit in and build my confidence in doing my job on a daily basis, and I feel I can always approach them should I ever have any problems. In particular my mangers (Anne Marie and Ferdia) and my colleagues (Hannah and Helene) are always proactively assisting me when I need it, giving me tips on how I can improve and also, praising me when I do something right or meet a target. In general, it has been a great place to work so far, the team are really great and everyone in Hays have been extremely welcoming since I've started.

Cons

To be honest, I really couldn't think of any cons with Hays at all.

Hays2016-08-22
  7. "Friendly Colleagues, Fast Paced Industry"

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

All of the staff are generally the same type of people; young and friendly. You are given own autonomy of your desk, you are not spoonfed, instead at the beginning you are encouraged to learn from your mistakes. Off-site training in the UK is brilliant, very helpful and an opportunity to meet colleagues from UK & Ireland.

Cons

Salary is very low compared to other agencies Long hours On-site training is great if you join at same time as many others. I started alone and as a result did not receive the numerous training sessions that many of my colleagues who joined just 2+ weeks later received. Incredibly high turnover in staff

Advice to Management

Ensure all staff receive the same training. Try look at salary, this will stop the incredibly high turnover in staff.

Hays2016-08-17
  8. "Hays - A Great Place to Work"

Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Hays

Pros

Great team environment and excellent atmosphere in the office. You are always busy so your day goes quickly. The training is really helpful and there is always someone to answer your questions.

Cons

Only here a month and cannot fault the system so far.

Hays2016-07-13
  9. "Associate Consultant"

Former Employee - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

incredible training, sent to the UK offices twice a year. Great culture

Cons

office politics, thresholds on commissions are too high, which can effect targets

Hays2016-07-06
  10. "Enjoying every moment"

Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Hays

Pros

Great working environment/atmosphere. Management are always available to offer help and guidance, and staff just as open to come to your aid. Great training and assistance provided, but also the freedom to do as you please, and be creative with how you go about your daily tasks. Fantastic career oppoortunities

Cons

There currently are no cons

Hays2015-10-16