Hays Associate Consultant Reviews

1. 5.0

Associate Recruitment Consultant

Aug 20, 2018 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Galway
    Business Outlook

Pros

Global organisation, with over 50 years of expertise in the market place.

Cons

There are no Cons to list

National Internal Recruitment Coordinator

Thanks for your 5 star review!

2. 3.0

Alright

Feb 11, 2020 - Associate Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Training -Possible to progress quickly

Cons

-High Turnover -Lack of team building

3. 2.0

Recruitment Consultant

Oct 9, 2019 - Associate Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to the world of business and recruitment

Cons

Pay, management, too focused on KPI activity rather than meaningful activity

1 person found this review helpful

People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review today. We are disappointed to hear your experience at Hays has not matched our high performance culture. Our career path is based on principles of merit, which means employees are promoted based on their results of their KPI's. We provide minimum timeframes for each level of promotion to help you achieve your career goals. Please refer to your HR lead for further support.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hays was not the company they sell themselves as

Dec 4, 2018 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a great amount about recruitment from the moment you get in there. The HR department were super helpful and assured you that they were there for all your needs as an employee. Fast paced and no two days were the same.

Cons

My cons outweigh my pros by far. During the interview process, I was not given a job description and was not told what my position would be in the company or what sector I would be working in. The pay is very low for a Dublin based job. The environment in the sector I worked in was filled with very pretentious individuals who spoke badly of some of the candidates they were seeking jobs for. They were very unhelpful and there were too busy to help train in a new employee. I am sure other departments were different but the department I was placed in was very rude and discriminatory towards graduates. I would not recommend this job to a new graduate. Look elsewhere.

2 people found this review helpful

National Internal Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for your review, I have passed these comments over to the management in Ireland. We would be keen to encourage you to contact Ailbhe McCann - HR lead in your region.

5. 5.0

Associate Recruitment Consulatnt

Jan 31, 2017 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Cork
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hays is a great place to work, from the moment you arrive everyone is extremely friendly and the atmosphere is great. The training they offer is top class and you learn so much about what it takes to become a successful recruiter . Hays offer a clear career progression path, and you know exactly what it takes to progress.

Cons

I can not think of any cons working with Hays

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really enjoy working at Hays!

Oct 4, 2016 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The managers and directors are always very available and offer a lot of support and encouragement. It is a very friendly, sociable place to work and they recognise achievements at all levels and in a number of ways.

Cons

The base salaries are quite low but the earning potential with commission is good.

7. 5.0

Dublin Office - Friendly & Welcoming

Sep 19, 2016 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Completed my first month at Hays Dawson Street and its going really well. Everyone has been extremely welcoming and friendly. It's an intense learning curve but everyone gives you the confidence to get on with the job. I've been here only a month and already confirmed 2nd interviews for a job, which is an incredible feeling. My manager has been really supportive, along with Senior consultants everyone is open to helping you succeed. I can't wait to go on my training in a few weeks, amazing company that provides such full on training. You really get out of what you put in, it's all there for the taking. It's a really diverse job and when you get the full 360 of what you are doing it's really interesting and you won't get bored!

Cons

Getting over nerves of getting on the phone! Best advice to anyone starting out new, start making calls on your first day!

8. 5.0

Dream Graduate Job

Aug 22, 2016 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The main thing for me about joining Hays is that there is a clear career progression path, which for me after completing university is exactly what I was looking for. The training and assistance I have had from my colleagues, managers and HR since I've started has been really great they have helped me to fit in and build my confidence in doing my job on a daily basis, and I feel I can always approach them should I ever have any problems. In particular my mangers (Anne Marie and Ferdia) and my colleagues (Hannah and Helene) are always proactively assisting me when I need it, giving me tips on how I can improve and also, praising me when I do something right or meet a target. In general, it has been a great place to work so far, the team are really great and everyone in Hays have been extremely welcoming since I've started.

Cons

To be honest, I really couldn't think of any cons with Hays at all.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Thank you for your thorough review. It's great to hear you're enjoying your job and working with your team - I've let them know you've mentioned them and I have no doubt they'll be over the moon at the great feedback!

9. 4.0

Friendly Colleagues, Fast Paced Industry

Aug 17, 2016 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

All of the staff are generally the same type of people; young and friendly. You are given own autonomy of your desk, you are not spoonfed, instead at the beginning you are encouraged to learn from your mistakes. Off-site training in the UK is brilliant, very helpful and an opportunity to meet colleagues from UK & Ireland.

Cons

Salary is very low compared to other agencies Long hours On-site training is great if you join at same time as many others. I started alone and as a result did not receive the numerous training sessions that many of my colleagues who joined just 2+ weeks later received. Incredibly high turnover in staff

10. 5.0

Hays - A Great Place to Work

Jul 13, 2016 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment and excellent atmosphere in the office. You are always busy so your day goes quickly. The training is really helpful and there is always someone to answer your questions.

Cons

Only here a month and cannot fault the system so far.

Head of Internal Recruitment

Love your five star review from Dublin - welcome to the team and enjoy it!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 327 Reviews