Hays Account Manager Reviews

Hays CEO Alistair R. Cox
Alistair R. Cox
  1. "Average"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sandyford

I worked at Hays part-time for less than a year

Pros

Staff were responsive but the onboarding process was average.

Cons

Disorganised Management. Sometimes they forgot to make pay you.

2. "Change of terms in the middle of the contract"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Hays for more than a year

Pros

Good start up for a fresher

Cons

Not professional way of doing thing

3. "Great"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Plantation, FL

I worked at Hays full-time

Pros

team, salary, benefits, etc :)

Cons

do not have any cons to say

July 8, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! Love this.

4. "OK"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay as well as benefits

Cons

On phone all day long

March 10, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback. Recruitment does entail quite a bit of phone interaction, with networking, business development, matching candidates, negotiating offers and following up. It's such a great feeling to call a candidate and say "congrats - you got the job!" Wishing you much success in your role.

5. "Good first/second job"

Former Employee - Key Account Manager

I worked at Hays full-time for more than a year

Pros

Alot of internal benefits Good opportunities

Cons

Slow moving organisation Not always the right candidate that gets the promotion

"The most honest review you will ever read"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Hays, specifically the Calgary office can be a roller coaster. They hire people who do not have recruitment experience and give them a chance to really develop a career. The first few months are really tough. You will be thrown into uncomfortable situations and be forced to find your way out. You will probably cry, get angry and frustrated, even have to leave to blow off some steam sometimes. However after you get past that initial few months, you will start to have some wins. Your wins will be celebrated and acknowledged - they have monthly presentations that shout out all the wins of the people working there and recently made some changes so the wins dont have to be focused solely on profit. You will most likely make some really good friends while working there. There is this sense of "we are all in this together" and you can take comfort in knowing that everyone around you knows what it is like to have a bad day, or be disappointed by a manager, or be put in impossible situations. You will also have people around you who know how special even the small wins are so they will celebrate those with you as well. Everyone is pretty young and almost everyone is really helpful/ open to teaching new people. It is a great place to start a career and you will learn so many lessons working there, both professionally and personally. If you show interest in them, they will show interest in you.

Cons

Sometimes the job just sucks, but that is recruitment in general. You have to be able to handle the highs and lows of the job without breaking to the pressure. There is no real flex times or days and that is not going to change. They are an old school business who sees the benefit of your typical 8-5 job. There will also be lots of hours outside of work that you will need to be working. If you are looking for something that is 9-5, with an hour lunch, do not work in agency recruitment! You have to make your own success. There will be times where things are unfair. There are some people in the management team who are not the best leaders, they can be unfair and biased and all of those things that you are not supposed to be as a leader. But, there are also great leaders there who will help you to succeed and give you the advice and support you need - as long as you ask for it. Things will be unfair at times and you just have to be able to role with the punches. If you are looking for a trendy company that is all about that work/life balance, this is not the place for you. They have a strict dress code, no remote working, and are KPI based. Imagine what a job looked like 20 years ago and that is what you should expect. This isn't really a "con", it is just the way they work and if you go into the role with other expectations you will be disappointed.

Continue reading
  7. "Great culture and co-workers"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plantation, FL

I have been working at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work-life balance. You reap the benefits of your efforts.

Cons

It takes patience and consistency build those relationships that will bring you steady business

January 27, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience. Wishing you all the best.

8. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Hays full-time

Pros

With any company that has multiple locations, there can be some differences. However, across specialisms and across most locations where I’ve known recruiters and account managers throughout the US, there’s a pretty constant theme of fun people, who are people people, and who want to work hard to get results. I’m a high performing member of the team, which always helps, but my managers will certainly go out of their way to listen to me and allow me flexibility where needed, even though I’m not incredibly senior yet and they’re quite busy in their daily work as well. Also, the career path is nice. If you want to be a high level individual contributor for your career, great. If you want to move into management, great. There are plenty of options for career growth.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. Some folks aren’t used to working hard to be rewarded for it. They want to work minimally hard and be rewarded greatly for it. Or they see well performing members of the team and think they should automatically be that successful and have as much flexibility on day one. You have to work for it. But when you do, you’ll be making bank and calling your own shots. You just have to decide if you want to work for success or hope that it falls in your lap.

December 9, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Wow - thank you for your awesome review. Sounds like you're going to be very successful here at Hays!

9. "Great place to learn, probably not to stay long (Hays Japan)"

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Tokyo

I worked at Hays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best training in the market You'd really have to underperform or do something illegal to get fired here Lots of events, end of year parties, and annual conferences to attend Depending on the team, very relaxed and fun environment Very results-driven environment

Cons

One might argue that the company is set up to benefit those paid on P&L, rather than providing an excellent service to clients and customers. I have heard that middle managers have a terrible time managing between the upper management plans and the staff level realities. One might say this place would only be fitting for new grads who are a bit eccentric. Married, mature, or introverted personal may not fit in well. Sorry, but not a great name in the Tokyo market.

"Unprofessional"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Hays full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good welcomers, nice and convenient location, clean office

Cons

I was contacted with one of Hays recruiters to get hired by Hays itself telling me they are increasing their workforce for customer service because of extra workload. I accepted their offer although I had some other offers at that time as well. Everything went well but all of a sudden and after only 2 weeks of working there, one of its managers called me and one other customer service reps in their office telling us oh we do not need this role any more as the business is going down and as simple as that they made my life hard and I am currently jobless which causes me having a lot of financial stress and pressure.This is so disorganized and unprofessional to hire people

Found 25 reviews