HMH Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 5 reviews

3.8
HMH Engineering CEO David Wilson
David Wilson
  1. "HMH Dublin is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Principal delivery lead in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at HMH Engineering full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with HMH Dublin for almost 3.5 years now. Started as a contractor for 6 months then elected to join the team here permanently. There are many pros to working here, for me the key ones are: 1. The people. HMH Engineering is a great team of talented, hard-working people, who make time for a lot of fun along the way. 2. The location. I commute by train to Pearse and it's 3 minutes from the platform to...

Cons

We still have a legacy of some older tech that we are working our way through but that is continually decreasing over time. We need more talented people to join our team so that we can deliver even more for our customers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

HMH Engineering2019-08-07
  2. "Assistant Landscape Designer"

Current Employee - Assistant Landscape Designer

I have been working at HMH Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros

They get you involved during every phase of a project. From client proposals to construction administration. You will gain a strong sense of how to make your designs buildable. You will also be doing a lot of coordination with other professions--especially with the in-house Civils, Survey Department, and Public Works. Benefits are also great, and they strongly support a healthy work/life balance. Really fun work environment...

Cons

Some of the projects can seem similar overall. Sometimes conlicting or unclear direction will be given, or you will have to take two steps back after taking one forward (as is the nature of the work). You aren't alotted a lot of sick days. So if you're prone to sickness, take care of yourself sufficiently off hours.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your staff members in their interests and personal goals. Do keep exposing your staff to unfamiliar territories. Also keep up the good work in fostering a healthy/strong company culture.

HMH Engineering2018-12-24
  3. "senior staff and manager"

I worked at HMH Engineering full-time for less than a year

Pros

young and dynamic firm. a lot of land development projects.

Cons

some managers and some senior staff seem to be mean to young folks and scared them away. point finger sometimes to their errors instead of focusing on how to help them fix it! work load not consistent!

Advice to Management

manager and senior needs to be trained to love their staff more and know how to motivate their good work. stop humiliate your staff mistakes and encourage them do better job.

HMH Engineering2017-04-08
  4. "engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at HMH Engineering

Pros

You will be able to learn to do multitask and work with different professionals and various projects. People are nice and helpful. Many social activities all year round.

Cons

Managers are managing people with engineering style which causes unnecessary stress to the staff. Training is limited.

Advice to Management

Offer more chance for staff to grow. Create a fair environment.

HMH Engineering2016-01-29

"It's OK"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at HMH Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll get to work with/learn from professionals of different fields in the office People are nice Plenty of restaurants/food choices around the office

Cons

The guys from the upper management like to joke with abusive language Heavy favoritism issues Projects are not exciting

Advice to Management

Fire the senior who is always instigating problems, the one who enjoys stepping over and tries to manage other departments Listen to HR

HMH Engineering2014-07-23