HMG Plus Reviews

Updated Aug 18, 2022

Found 55 of over 72 reviews

4.1
HMG Plus President  Karen DiPeri (no image)
Karen DiPeri
Pros
  • "They have their own app for booking gigs and availability, (and a separate one for payroll) so its' been really easy to manage my schedule(in 12 reviews)

• "HMG Plus has a very inclusive and supportive culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I experienced no cons while working at HMG(in 9 reviews)

• "Can be stressful getting to different gigs via public transportation(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

This company sucks don’t fall for the scam.There are better companies out there.

Aug 18, 2022 - Banquet Server in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-They provide a good and complete training. -You can use the training for another company because they suck and you will not want to work for them. -The hospitality coaches are wonderful, is so sad they work for a crappy company. -The QuickStart program is so great.

Cons

-Because I asked a question and I was confused on how much I will get paid for working with them they fire me without me starting to work with them🤣 -They ask you to buy a gig bag for $85 bucks that has the uniform but not the shoes because their clients are very picky.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for, lots of flexibility

Jun 11, 2022 - Server/Bartender in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Set your own schedule, pick what clients you work for, fun!

Cons

Some shifts can be very long.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Shirley is the best

Apr 20, 2022 - Server/Bartender
      Business Outlook

Pros

It gives the employees flexibility to choose the hours of work They treat the employees with respect Very accommodating

Cons

At the moment I haven’t seen anything I don’t like

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terminated without reason

Apr 12, 2022 - Captain in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working here is better than being broke and homeless.

Cons

Pay is peanuts, felt like I was being exploited. Management is nonexistent. 6 shift rules out part-time employees and basically eliminates flexibility.

HMG Plus Response

Marketing and Projects Manager

At HMG+, we value all of our employees with the utmost care and consideration. We strive to pay our team competitively, and give the opportunity for a number of bonus plans as well as a 401(k) Retirement package, which is an industry-standalone initiative. We allow all of our employees the opportunity to make their own work schedule based on their availability, and only ask that they work a minimum of six-shifts during our busy seasons (March - May, September - December). We are disappointed you did not enjoy your experience with us, and wish you the best on future endeavors.

5. 2.0

Not great

Feb 10, 2022 - Server in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

fairly easy job, most of them were helping in house

Cons

extremely low pay, not flexibility for changing shift

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good but work schedule can be sporadic

Jan 24, 2022 - Service Professional
      Business Outlook

Pros

Location of events are all over the city to places I have never been to before

Cons

sometimes the seasons are slow

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great start , horrible ending

Dec 3, 2021 - Server/Waiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

great start off pay, training for newbies, helped with proper attire and provided me wine key , book bag , belt , and cromer.

Cons

They were constantly changing my shifts without me knowing & failed to give me a heads up. A lot of time I worked late shifts, got home around 12 - 1am knowing the time of my shift for the next following day. But they will change it to a completely different shift I did not accept and an earlier shift or later shift. if I haven't checked before I fell asleep I would be considered late or wake up earlier than I was supposed too. They also would change my pay rate while I was already at the event . Management would also flag me for canceling a shift I did not agree upon when they would change it on their own. So they were times I had to speak to them and show them screenshots of the shifts I had originally chosen.I felt as they were setting me up for failure.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The best hospitality staffing company to work for in NYC!

Nov 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The management at HMG+ is absolutely top-tier. They do everything that they can to help the waitstaff team grow, and are incredibly supportive. I am extremely appreciative of their flexibility with hours and scheduling, as it allows me to fit in my school. At HMG+ I also get to work the absolute BEST events in NYC, where I've gotten to see the most incredible views and meet the best people. Best part is that as an employee I also get offered benefits like a 401(k) with a company match. You truly can't beat it!

Cons

I have experienced no cons.

9. 5.0

Fantastic In Every Way

Sep 27, 2021 - Bartender/Server in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Nice clients Very flexible schedule

Cons

Can be stressful getting to different gigs via public transportation

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work

Sep 8, 2021 - Office Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, good hours, good benefits

Cons

Sometimes there's drama that causes turmoil

Viewing 1 - 10 of 55 Reviews

HMG Plus Reviews FAQs

HMG Plus has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 72 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at HMG Plus to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, HMG Plus employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at HMG Plus. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

93% of HMG Plus employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HMG Plus 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with HMG Plus Job Seekers