Greenhouse Software Reviews

Found 205 of over 207 reviews

4.5
Greenhouse Software CEO Daniel Chait
Daniel Chait
Pros
  • "Amazing benefits, perks, and work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "Outstanding company culture that makes coming to work enjoyable(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Compensation is very good at Greenhouse(in 17 reviews)

• "Fast growth comes with growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A fantastic company to work for

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast growing company: Very exciting time to be part of Greenhouse - Excellent product that really makes a difference to companies and candidates if used correctly - The company truly fosters belonging and you can be yourself (many companies advertise that as being part of their culture, but Greenhouse is the first company I've worked for that actually lives up to that) - Flat hierarchies: Everyone supports you regardless of their level. Co-founders and the wider leadership team are very approachable, know who you are, care about you and appreciate what you do - Lots of career development opportunities (promotions and lateral moves) - Supportive, empathic managers who lead teams with compassion, transparency and trust - Great compensation - And of course, the people and the culture are amazing. Good laughs every day! Greenhouse is by far the best tech company I've worked for! I'm far beyond the "job honeymoon period" and still love it here :)

Cons

- We're growing fast and some teams are short on resources to support customer facing teams in that growth. BUT this is something the leadership team is very aware of and currently trying to solve for.

CEO

So great to hear that you've been having such a positive experience. And your notes on how to maintain and continue investing in that culture are well-taken .... will do! Thanks for sharing your perspectives, I know people appreciate it.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting and fast-growing place to work

Nov 1, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is growing very quickly and seems to have the best product in its space Lots of benefits and possibility of an IPO coming in the next few years Support only works on Chat and tickets, no phone calls

Cons

Quite a technical product so there is a lot to learn

CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide your feedback - I know it's helpful. I'm so happy for the great experience you've been having in your time here at Greenhouse!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Truly cares about their people

Sep 30, 2021 - Senior Customer Success Manager (CSM) in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work - Life Balance is real here

Cons

EMEA still in the middle of carving out it's own identity

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective. Really glad that the culture is feeling right for you at the moment, and for sure we have work to do (i.e. opportunity ahead!) to continue building out EMEA.

4. 5.0

Amazing place to work

Jul 14, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people & leadership Amazing & transparent progression Innovative & improving process/product Competitive salary Excellent product compared to competitors so makes selling easy Culture is great Great DE&I and voluntary initiatives

Cons

No well-being or fitness benefit

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

Hi there & thanks for sharing your feedback here. The work of an SDR is *hard*!! So I really love how that team's culture recognizes and rewards effort and success, and I'm glad to hear that you appreciate it also. We do review our benefits periodically (at least annually) and while there will always be more cool benefits to offer, we do hope to stay competitive and do things that matter most for our team, so thanks for sharing that feedback.

5. 5.0

Fantastic place to work!

Apr 13, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

None that I can think of!!

CEO

Wow that's a really glowing review -- I'm so proud! Thank you for the feedback and I'm really glad you're having such a positive experience here at Greenhouse.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing vibrant, diverse, energetic (sometimes wild) place to work.

Mar 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Pay is great - Part of EMEA office means it feels like a start up within a start up (in a good way!) - Collab with whole org. not just your remit (CSM, Ops, Sales) - Not a corporate vibe Founders and Directors super approachable and well humored.

Cons

- can be a bit scrappy at times (not a con for most but need to be able to pivot in your role) -Hours can be long, but greatly rewarded.

CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your thoughts. Really proud & happy that you're having such a positive experience here! We work hard at it and care a lot. I really also appreciate your insights on the potential Cons -- it's true that if someone's expectations don't align they might not be set up for success, so it's really great for folks reading this to hear first-hand from you what you think.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Prioritizes its people. An incredibly well run ship full of diverse and bright individuals.

Aug 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very clear career paths - I fully understand what's expected for me to progress upward (or even diagonally) Leadership seems to truly care about the mental health of staff There is a lot of transparency around what's coming up, why decisions were made, product vision / roadmap Work life balance is great Management roles, despite what other reviews say, are in fact quite diverse when compared with most other companies Daniel is great.

Cons

Compensation is very good at Greenhouse. However, I always say that a company can pay more ;)

CEO

*blushing* Thanks for taking the time to write up your review. I'm sure people will appreciate reading what you had to say and the thoughtfulness with which you outlined your views & experiences. So, so proud that you're having such a positive experience at Greenhouse.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best start up I've worked with!

Jun 26, 2020 - Senior Customer Success Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, truly care about their people, follows through on the company's values, fantastic structure and management

Cons

None at all, really happy!

CEO

Thanks for taking a few minutes to write up your review - I know that people value it. Great to see that the Greenhouse spirit has translated itself over to our Dublin office! Thanks for your efforts, care and hard work in helping to build up this newest area of the company. We all appreciate it!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

A workplace that supports you holistically

Oct 8, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have not had a job before where I felt empowered to bring my full self to work; there is an unparalleled level of psychological safety embedded into GH's culture. Feedback is welcomed. Otherwise, the work is interesting and the teams are uber-collaborative.

Cons

There is no 401k match.

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Wow, that is just so rewarding to read! Building Belonging and truly becoming a workplace where people can feel safe and empowered is super, super central to how I think about culture and values. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your perspectives as well, I know lots of people read these.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great workplace

Oct 25, 2021 - Sales Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about employees, room for growth, fun work environment

Cons

Low entry level pay, lack of management communication

CEO

Hey first of all thanks for the feedback - of course it's nice to see the positive, but also very helpful to hear the critical as well. I hear you on pay and for sure there are other places that can pay more always -- but we do try to pay fairly and to base our pay levels on solid market data. As to management communication, that is a trickier one. Clearly the things we are currently doing are not completing the picture for you! When I think of "management communication with an SDR" I am imagining things like biweekly CEO AMA's, Monday sales huddles, 1-1s. Lookback-Outlooks, Slack chats, etc. but clearly you have other things in mind. I would really appreciate & value learning what that would look like to you - what's missing? Maybe at an upcoming AMA you can share some thoughts (anonymously or otherwise). Thanks for your candor and for taking the time to share your perspectives.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 205 Reviews