Google "free food" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Google Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated 16 Jan 2020

4.4
Google CEO Sundar Pichai
Sundar Pichai
4,253 Ratings
Pros
  • "It's great they always have free food(in 920 reviews)

• "Lots of smart people to learn from(in 760 reviews)

Cons
  • "It can be difficult to keep a work life balance (although it is not expected for you to overwork yourself)(in 403 reviews)

• "Starting to have big company problems(in 352 reviews)

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Incredible benefits and work culture"

Current Employee - IT Support in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food Free health care (even covered by global insurance) Free massages Free bus (only in the bay and Singapore AFAIK) Awesome blameless work culture

Cons

The company is growing at an unprecedented rate, and is QUICKLY lossing it's unique culture. More and more typical dressed up business people are getting hired who are not Googley at all.

Google2019-11-03
  2. "Google Cloud: Luna Park for Adults"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, free gym, good salary, product knowledge, huge exposure through events arranged by the company, that allow to get in touch with thousands customers of several industries

Cons

Nobody takes seriously the job, poor training and management, zero collaboration and professionality, all talk and no action.

Google2020-01-16
  3. "All that glitters is not gold"

Current Employee - Accountant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free food, health care and gym

Cons

Work hours, unfair bias shown regularly

Google2019-11-29

"RC job review"

Current Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Google for more than a year

Pros

The experience to work with Google, working with forward thinking teams and managers, on the job training, free food, free gym and pool, bicycle shed, managers were good and happy work environment.

Cons

Chance to convert to permanent employee was slim when i worked there, team felt very divided between temporary and permanent employees despite best efforts by managers to bring us together, therefore no job progression opportunities, never fully feel part of Google company, job uncertainty, no job security, not allowed to attend global people operations meetings, no car parking.

Advice to Management

Give temporary more opportunity to convert to permanent or hire more permanent employees.

Google2019-08-12
  5. "Google EMEA"

Former Contractor - Finance in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Google for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, perks just as free food on site

Cons

Intense environment, very little gratitude shown for work completed

Google2019-05-23
  6. "Account coordinator"

Former Contractor - Account Coordinator in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Google for less than a year

Pros

Work environment Free food Company's culture

Cons

Follow-up Salary Sick holiday Internal progression Micro management

Google2019-04-29

"Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Program Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Very smart people - Perks (free food, gym, swimming pool, snacks, ...) - Ability to make the role your own (in some roles) and start your own projects - 20%-time roles in whatever area you want to develop - Self-started / self-motivated environment - If you want to explore other jobs and are open to relocate, there are lots of opportunities. - Multicultural environment with people from all over the world - Easy to make new friends (at least in Dublin) - Quite flexible (work from home, arrive when you want, etc.)

Cons

- A lot of people want to join the company because of the company and not because of the role, so there's a lot of over qualified people doing things they don't really want to do. - Because of the perks it's difficult to leave the company even after losing motivation. - When a manager under performs, often they just move them to a different team, instead of moving them out of people management. - It can be very hard to relocate to countries outside the headquarters. - The atmosphere in Dublin is amazing, but in smaller offices you don't feel the Google vibe. - It's easy to get away with performing at 50-60% of your real capacity after some time in a role.

Advice to Management

- Keep hiring brilliant people, but encourage them to move to another position once they feel too comfortable. - Don't move poor people managers around. Move them into Individual Contributor roles.

Google2019-03-26

"Good place to work, but by far not most amazing"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible Working times (if manager agrees, but not location) - free food - lot of services - possibilities for projects

Cons

- everything depends on your manager - extremely hierarchical (but hidden), you are stuck in your levels - everyone is overqualified for their job

Advice to Management

Get rid of the levels!

Google2019-03-18

"Google Cloud: Worst place I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Google full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food and events that are organised by the company frequently. Many possibilities for self development, if job role allows.

Cons

At Google cloud: Toxic working environment, bad management (poor guidance, poor humanity). When I joined and asked colleagues for help when I had a question, response usually was "just google it, I don't have time for this". Aggressive environment and not a comfortable place to work at. I know some people at Google Ads though and they had very different experiences. I cannot recommend Google Cloud. People aren't friendly, very poor training is provided. Basically, onbparding consisted of a wekk of Bootcamp in either London or Mountanview where general Cloud Strategy is explained and a high level overview of products is given. After that you're thrown into the job, if you're lucky you have a good team. Management is very poor. One example, when my grandfather was sick and in hospital I asked my manager to return to my country to go to see him. His answer was "you can go, but be sure it's not to be away for more than one day". That's not a place I would want to be.

Advice to Management

Should set out targets clearly from the beginning, avoid miscommunication, provide quality training and buddies that are successful in their role themselves. Create a positive environment amongst employees. Support.

Google2019-03-22
  10. "Good experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Google

Pros

- Amazing coworkers - Great free food - Top tier compensation

Cons

- Work life balance is skewed for some - Problematic executives

Google2018-10-29