Globoforce Limited Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 6 February 2019

4.0
Eric Mosley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company also places great importance on work life balance and strives to support its employees to ensure they deliver their life's best work" (in 10 reviews)

• "The employee recognition program here is without doubt world class" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing quicker than ever, if you don't like a fast-paced environment or taking initiative, this is not the place for you" (in 4 reviews)

• "Really enjoying working here, no cons to speak of" (in 3 reviews)

"Job for LIFE"

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time

Pros

Great place to work, staff are treated excellent and are respected. The company are focused on how to treat staff better, always events for staff, lovely canteen with pool table

Cons

Nothing negative at all to say about the company

11 Feb 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Our aim is to provide a culture of recognition, celebration, and conversations for all employees and we are delighted you are experiencing that in your career... More

2. "Workhuman"

Current Employee - Finance in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Finance in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management take and interest and care about employee wellbeing, employees are recognised and thanked for performance, there is focus on worklife balance.

Cons

Scaling growth is difficult, given the company is growing at such a rapid speed

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work as the is growing as such a rapid speed

3. "Great place"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Globoforce Limited part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work human, people focused.

Cons

Hard to say, really good place.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work

6 Feb 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We strive to ensure all Globoforce employees enjoy their career with us and we are delighted to hear your positive feedback.

4. "World class Company"

Current Employee - Procurement Specialist in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Procurement Specialist in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recognises importance of staff to the ethos and culture

Cons

Too much food.Less doughnuts and more fruit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and recognising importance of staff to future of the company.

5. "Many positives and lots to change"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and (most of the )people
    Diversity (lots of different nationalities)
    Excellent business product offered to clients and used internally

Cons

Old technologies and architecture
    Slow tech decisions
    Slow to hire people with right skills as the result
    Not transparent decision making in people management and business
    Management and business not able to strategically think about future product development

Advice to Management

Give tech teams freedom to develop solution
    Re-do architecture, When did you last re-design or re-factor anything?
    Product: plan more time ahead. Remember - Agile does not replace strategic thinking.

6. "Top company to work for!"

Current Employee - Development Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Development Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company is incredible and people are amazing to work with. I have relocated for this role and the company have been very supportive. They continue to encourage employees to innovative on their product and I love working for a company that is actually driving a positive change across different organisational cultures. The office environment in both head offices is excellent, with excellent facilities. The employee recognition program here is without doubt world class!

Cons

You need to be ready to work quickly and manage multiple tasks. At times there are too many meetings and we could do with better working practices that continue encourage employees to innovate but also to be mindful of how to work smarter. More clarity is needed around the future strategy and plans explaining how we are going to execute against them. But these are all issues that can easily be addressed and current direction company is going is impressive! I would have no concerns about starting a new role here!

Advice to Management

Bring employees with you on the journey- explain more about the strategy and future plans. Continue to invest in people development.

5 Dec 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are delighted that you are enjoying Globoforce's culture and your current position! We appreciate relocating can be challenging and I am glad you have... More

"Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time

Pros

Globoforce is a growing, changing company where I get to work with lots of clever, friendly people on challenging projects - and its mission is not far too off the oft-repeated phrase in the first episode of Silicon Valley - to "make the world a better place".

Their products and services promote gratitude, recognising others and positivity in general and I like working somewhere that focusses on these things.

The office building is great, really bright, great kitchen and about to get even better as we're taking the whole building and will have super views from the top floor. We'll get to more about its location in the cons... although it is convenient to the M50 and on a direct train line from the city centre.

The ambition and drive of our CEO is inspiring and I feel exciting times lie ahead here - I plan to stay around for them :)

Cons

Park West is not the most exciting although Liffey Valley's not far, there's an excellent lunch delivery option and the direct train line to the city centre has really improved access (there's a bus too). Would definitely prefer if you could plonk the office building down beside Pearse St. dart station for me though!

8. "Great Company with Great People"

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time

Pros

It is a really great place to work with great people.
    The support you get from your manager is second to none.
    My Manager is very approachable and understanding if life interferes with work and will always be supportive
    The courses available to employees are amazing.
    Great canteen facilities with breakfasts available
    Great for celebrating successes and milestones

Cons

Park west is not the most exciting location but it is close enough to Liffey Valley bb

20 Nov 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Many thanks for your review and feedback. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience working with us. We appreciate your positive comments about our great people, the courses available... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Accountant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Accountant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with Globoforce for a number of years now. It has been a wonderful journey. The exposure I have received has been second to none and to work through so many challenges with the support of a fantastic team has given me a great sense of achievement. The company is at the cutting edge of everything it does and is on such a growth path that career opportunities are endless. Despite the pace of change the company embraces a culture where everyone is seen as a person and not just a number. The company also places great importance on work life balance and strives to support its employees to ensure they deliver their life's best work. I really don't see myself leaving Globoforce as I believe I can fulfill all my career ambitions here.

Cons

The location doesn't have a huge amount of amenities close by.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You are putting all the foundations in place to support the business as it scales. It is critical that to have the systems and processes that are needed to set the company up for success.

13 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Manager

We are delighted to hear that you are having such a great experience in your Globoforce career. We truly do strive to provide a great employee experience from career development to work life balance... More

10. "Love this company."

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always driving to the next level. Not afraid to change with the time. Gives ownership to those doing work to allow them to grow themselves. Really looks after the well being of the staff and ensures they grow and develop with the company.

Cons

As people tend to stay in the company long term there is not always a position available for people to move into when they are developed enough to move to the next level.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and keep being as open with them all. Its great to be apart of such a transparent company.

13 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Firstly, thank you for your feedback. As Globoforce continues to grow, we want to ensure our employees grow with us, providing opportunities for career development and growth where we can. Your... More