Globoforce Limited Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 4 December 2018

4.1
Eric Mosley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company also places great importance on work life balance and strives to support its employees to ensure they deliver their life's best work" (in 9 reviews)

• "The employee recognition program here is without doubt world class" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "That said, the company is growing and this opens up new possibilities" (in 3 reviews)

• "Really enjoying working here, no cons to speak of" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Top company to work for!"

Current Employee - Development Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Development Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company is incredible and people are amazing to work with. I have relocated for this role and the company have been very supportive. They continue to encourage employees to innovative on their product and I love working for a company that is actually driving a positive change across different organisational cultures. The office environment in both head offices is excellent, with excellent facilities. The employee recognition program here is without doubt world class!

Cons

You need to be ready to work quickly and manage multiple tasks. At times there are too many meetings and we could do with better working practices that continue encourage employees to innovate but also to be mindful of how to work smarter. More clarity is needed around the future strategy and plans explaining how we are going to execute against them. But these are all issues that can easily be addressed and current direction company is going is impressive! I would have no concerns about starting a new role here!

Advice to Management

Bring employees with you on the journey- explain more about the strategy and future plans. Continue to invest in people development.

5 Dec 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are delighted that you are enjoying Globoforce's culture and your current position! We appreciate relocating can be challenging and I am glad you have... More

2. "Excellent company to work for"

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time

Pros

Globoforce is a growing, changing company where I get to work with lots of clever, friendly people on challenging projects - and its mission is not far too off the oft-repeated phrase in the first episode of Silicon Valley - to "make the world a better place".

Their products and services promote gratitude, recognising others and positivity in general and I like working somewhere that focusses on these things.

The office building is great, really bright, great kitchen and about to get even better as we're taking the whole building and will have super views from the top floor. We'll get to more about its location in the cons... although it is convenient to the M50 and on a direct train line from the city centre.

The ambition and drive of our CEO is inspiring and I feel exciting times lie ahead here - I plan to stay around for them :)

Cons

Park West is not the most exciting although Liffey Valley's not far, there's an excellent lunch delivery option and the direct train line to the city centre has really improved access (there's a bus too). Would definitely prefer if you could plonk the office building down beside Pearse St. dart station for me though!

3. "Many positives and lots to change"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and (most of the )people
    Diversity (lots of different nationalities)
    Excellent business product offered to clients and used internally

Cons

Old technologies and architecture
    Slow tech decisions
    Slow to hire people with right skills as the result
    Not transparent decision making in people management and business
    Management and business not able to strategically think about future product development

Advice to Management

Give tech teams freedom to develop solution
    Re-do architecture, When did you last re-design or re-factor anything?
    Product: plan more time ahead. Remember - Agile does not replace strategic thinking.

4. "Great Company with Great People"

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time

Pros

It is a really great place to work with great people.
    The support you get from your manager is second to none.
    My Manager is very approachable and understanding if life interferes with work and will always be supportive
    The courses available to employees are amazing.
    Great canteen facilities with breakfasts available
    Great for celebrating successes and milestones

Cons

Park west is not the most exciting location but it is close enough to Liffey Valley bb

20 Nov 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Many thanks for your review and feedback. We are delighted to hear about your positive experience working with us. We appreciate your positive comments about our great people, the courses available... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Accountant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Accountant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with Globoforce for a number of years now. It has been a wonderful journey. The exposure I have received has been second to none and to work through so many challenges with the support of a fantastic team has given me a great sense of achievement. The company is at the cutting edge of everything it does and is on such a growth path that career opportunities are endless. Despite the pace of change the company embraces a culture where everyone is seen as a person and not just a number. The company also places great importance on work life balance and strives to support its employees to ensure they deliver their life's best work. I really don't see myself leaving Globoforce as I believe I can fulfill all my career ambitions here.

Cons

The location doesn't have a huge amount of amenities close by.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. You are putting all the foundations in place to support the business as it scales. It is critical that to have the systems and processes that are needed to set the company up for success.

13 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Manager

We are delighted to hear that you are having such a great experience in your Globoforce career. We truly do strive to provide a great employee experience from career development to work life balance... More

6. "Love this company."

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always driving to the next level. Not afraid to change with the time. Gives ownership to those doing work to allow them to grow themselves. Really looks after the well being of the staff and ensures they grow and develop with the company.

Cons

As people tend to stay in the company long term there is not always a position available for people to move into when they are developed enough to move to the next level.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and keep being as open with them all. Its great to be apart of such a transparent company.

13 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Firstly, thank you for your feedback. As Globoforce continues to grow, we want to ensure our employees grow with us, providing opportunities for career development and growth where we can. Your... More

7. "Truly Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear positive intent of management even when it doesn't always go to plan
    Amazing mission and vision
    Great value system
    Great recognition programme
    Can make mistakes and learn without fear of job loss
    Really invested in building and working environment for staff

Cons

Usual growing pains of a middle to large expanding company
    Career Development opportunities without ceilings
    Generally very few cons

Advice to Management

Invest in your people, recognise their strengths and talents
    Continue the great recognition culture
    Share your mission more in the business community, not enough people have heard of this company
    Keep going, we are changing the world for the better!

13 Nov 2018 – Human Resource Manager

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are delighted that you feel Globoforce is a Great Place to Work and we agree! We place huge importance and value on our people and always want to ensure... More

8. "genuinely good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Positive place with incredible growth over the last 11 years. Lots of interesting things happening and being planned for the next couple of years. People are actually nice and there is in general a good work atmosphere. The company and its management have genuinely tried to improve over the years and really embraced the great place to work survey. This has definitely helped with great improvements in the office space itself, pool table, xbox, table football, breakfast cereals and fruit, sandwiches for lunchtime meetings, bike shed (yes that was super important) and showers! Company meetings are great, with good levels of information being shared.

Cons

Office location is not city centre based. Not terrible, but does mean no friday drinks!

Advice to Management

Deal with technical debt, embrace new technologies and focus on quality and evolution of the core product. Create solutions for rolling out to smaller customers and consistency in UI and performance, rather than new offerings like 'conversations'. Ruthlessly retire older offerings like 'sales contest tool', microsites and old redemption sites. Archive old data and old clients.

Reduce the company offsite meeting frequency and activity. Once a year, instead of twice, for offsite company events is fine and avoid dangerous activities like the inflatable assault course, sumo wrestling or excessive alcohol! Instead have several smaller department offsites once a year and a simpler company event once a year. The Brian O'Driscoll event in the Avia, was a brilliant one.

13 Nov 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you feel Globoforce is a good place to work. It is great to hear from people who have worked here for so long, and feel that they are continuing to... More

9. "Great Place to Work, and I mean that! :)"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Very flexible
    Honestly believe in working human
    No one watching over your shoulder while working

Cons

distance from my house - but not much the company can do about that

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job. Lots of openess and communication and the CEO is excellent. Really down to earth.

20 Nov 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you feel we are a Great Place to Work and that you like our great benefits and flexibility. Helping organisations creating... More

10. "Why I still work here after many years"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Globoforce Limited full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Each year the company takes onboard feedback both positive and negative. Anything that can be improved is improved for all the employees within reason
    The company treats people as humans and helps its employees both inside and outside of work. They are respectful and considerate at all levels.
    There is clearly a reason why they have so many employees working for them with longer tenures than most other IT/SAAS companies in Ireland.

Cons

So many of the people that have left over the last 5 years try to return when they realise what they had, It can be difficult to get your job back.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing,

20 Nov 2018 – Human Resources Manager

Firstly, thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that you have had such a great experience working with us for so many years. It is true that we have so many of our people... More