Genesis Healthcare Reviews
42% would recommend to a friend
(1571 total reviews)
38% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There were many good people in Sun who cared about their work and what they were doing." (in 64 reviews)
- "Great environment and coworkers." (in 53 reviews)
- "Working with residents and great staff" (in 53 reviews)
- "flexible schedule and hours depending on facility" (in 27 reviews)
- "Employee camaraderie and flexible schedule" (in 22 reviews)
- "State was called in constantly because of poor management." (in 117 reviews)
- "low pay low moral do not reccomend" (in 87 reviews)
- "Poor benefits, run down building, short staffed, lack of corporate support" (in 56 reviews)
- "Awful upper management is very abusive." (in 27 reviews)
- "The pay was not good and there were no raises." (in 21 reviews)
Found 1,571 of over 2K reviews
Updated 4 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.04 Dec 2023Activities AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSaint Johnsbury, VT
The have rules that do keep people safe, both workers and residents.
some rules are unnecessary and make residents feel more like they are in a prison than a home. Added, upper office management do what they do best and order on floor workers around, treating them like robots and replaceable pawns.
- 1.016 Sept 2023Certified Nursing Assistant CNACurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAlbuquerque, NM
You get to meet beautiful, elderly people and listen to their amazing stories. Elderly people are like a library we can learn so much from them.
Tragically I experienced & witnessed firsthand the appalling behavior of not only the nursing staff at this medical facility, but also all management. The level of rudeness and disrespect displayed towards the Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) was absolutely horrendous and completely unprofessional. From the moment I walked through the doors, it was evident that the nurses & management had an atmosphere of superiority and entitlement. They treate the CNAs as if they were beneath them, belittling their contributions and undermining their skills and abilities. It's truly disheartening to witness such blatant disrespect in a healthcare setting. The nurses consistently fail to communicate effectively with the CNAs, often leaving them in the dark about important patient care information. Instead of providing clear instructions and guidance, they dismiss the CNAs' concerns and brush off their questions, creating an environment of confusion and frustration. Furthermore, the nurses frequently engaged in condescending and derogatory remarks towards the CNAs. They openly criticize our work in front of patients and other staff members, undermining our confidence and creating a hostile work environment. It's evident that these nurses have no regard for the invaluable role that CNAs play in patient care. What was particularly distressing the lack of empathy and compassion displayed by management, and nurses. They seemed to have forgotten that their primary duty is to provide care and support to patients, yet they treat the CNAs as mere disposable assets. This level of callousness is deeply concerning.
- 2.029 Nov 2023Director of Marketing and AdmissionsCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearWashington, DC
Positive team culture Autonomy Networking
Disorganized. Information doesn't have a streamlined process of getting to you. Most new information regarding job duties comes from people you don't know or work with. Very detached process. The direct supervisor has never known about changes to my job before I heard it elsewhere. Training is terrible. I think they think Training is good, but you will be left guessing a lot. You'll need to be a self starter and have initiative or you will not succeed. Low pay, below average benefits.
- 2.030 Oct 2023Certified Nursing Assistant CNAFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAlbuquerque, NM
They do pay extra on weekends, holidays and overtime and you can get discounts on shoes for work.
Has non certified aids on halls all by themselves, not enough resources to be able to do our job as best as we can, kept adding on more responsibilities for CNA's even when they barley had time to do patient care, clear favoritism to certain CNA's to where they did not care how much they called off/ randomly disappeared during the shift/let them sit at the nurses station most of the shift while other CNA was on the hall answering lights and got mad when other CNAs that weren't favorited did the same thing, hard to get days off in advance and hard to talk to HR since position got removed. Pay for your classes to become a CNA.
- 2.029 Nov 2023Director of MaintenanceCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHurricane, WV
Friendships with other staff, helping out the residents.
Pay Structure Corporate Company never paid bills.
- 4.028 Nov 2023Receptionist/Administrative AssistantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
Great administration and the people are friendly
No sick, bereavement or holiday pay until after 90 days is a big bummer (no time and a half if you work a holiday and are still under 90 days employed)
- 2.019 Oct 2023Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Long-Term CareCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHuntington, WV
Patients are nice and helpful. Rotational Scheduling Every other Weekend off
Management is fake , 3 out 4 won’t even get up come help on floor as needed. If you are in the group that’s been there for years can get by with most anything. Poor orientation, frequent turn over , breaks are a joke for license personnel, Staff always short so saves on budget . ADON has one year RN experience, Ashley administrator gets by treating unpopular staff wrong just because her mom works for Corporate. Stay away if your a loyal honest worker
- 2.028 Nov 2023Licensed Nursing Home AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsManchester, NH
good systems, eHR, many places to work throughout state
pressure from corporate, often short staffed.
- 1.010 Nov 2023HR ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 year
friends, getting to know residents
upper management, or corporate micro managed for outside the building HR manager had zero say. 8 Administrators in 11 months they dont keep people who around who question there motives and push back against corporate
Genesis Healthcare Reviews FAQs
Genesis Healthcare has an overall rating of 2.9 out of 5, based on over 1,696 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at Genesis Healthcare to a friend and 31% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
42% of Genesis Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Genesis Healthcare 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.