- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Germany - All Cities
- - Bavaria
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA, United States Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Beverly Hills, CA
- - Orange, CA
- - Glendale, CA
- - Long Beach, CA
- - West Hollywood, CA
- - San Francisco, CA, United States Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Menlo Park, CA
- - Riverside, CA, United States Area
- - Palm Springs, CA
- - San Jose, CA, United States Area
- - San Jose, CA
- - San Diego, CA, United States Area
- - San Diego, CA
- - Santa Barbara, CA, United States Area
- - Santa Barbara, CA
- - North Carolina
- - Raleigh-Durham, NC, United States Area
- - Raleigh, NC
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY, United States Area
- - New York, NY
- - Florida
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Area
- - Miami, FL
- - Daytona Beach, FL, United States Area
- - New Smyrna Beach, FL
- - Washington State
- - Seattle, WA, United States Area
- - Seattle, WA
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA, United States Area
- - Boston, MA
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC , United States Area
- - Washington, DC
- - Germantown, MD
- - Rhode Island
- - Providence, RI, United States Area
- - Providence, RI
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX, United States Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Austin, TX, United States Area
- - Austin, TX
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA, United States Area
- - Atlanta, GA
- - Maryland
- France - All Cities
- - Ile-de-France
- - Paris, France Area
- - Paris
Found 218 of over 221 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★23 Dec 2020 - Special Field ServicesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great training - the LA based training team are excellent. Amazing resources available throughout the company. True professionals at all levels within the company - most of them willing to mentor and provide assistance when needed.
Poor communication at times - leadership withholding information that does not need to be withheld. Massive attention on the US market - very little attention on the European operations.
- Former Employee★★★★★21 May 2020 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good pay and excellent teammates.
Very Bad leadership. The toxic environment which is created by the team leader.
Thank you for your feedback. We understand good leadership is an important factor as a part of our team and are sorry to hear you felt this wasn't the case while you were with us. Best of luck in your next venture!
- Former Employee★★★★★22 Nov 2022 - Accounts ReceivableRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good management based on my interactions, job security
Politics don’t align with my own
Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to us as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI). Also, in this day and age of corporate politics, we do all we can to remain apolitical and focus on our mission: protecting human life. Ed Hinman, SVP Associate Services
- Former Employee★★★★★21 Nov 2022 - ProtectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Interesting experience. Im grateful for the opportunity.
The instructors are not understanding.
Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to us as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI). I'd love to learn more, so please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. Here are a few facts about GDBA: • GDBA published an industry leading career track of promotions and earnings increases: o https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/ • GDBA Associates work 40-hour workweeks with opportunities for overtime • 72% at GDBA are Military Veterans and/or former Law Enforcement Mr. de Becker, GDBA’s Founder, is a 3-time Presidential Appointee and widely regarded as the Nation’s leading expert on protection of Public Figures. We welcome the opportunity to share more about our unique company. If your considering applying to GDBA, we encourage you to do your own research. Ed Hinman, SVP of Associate Services
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★2 Nov 2022 - Protector IRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
good pay and benefits, look after their staff
long hours and last minute changes to scheduleContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★25 Jul 2022 - Protector III in Los Angeles, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
From what I have seen they share a lot of information and are true to their word.
LONG COMMUTE. That part sucks, though the 8 hour days help a lot.Continue reading
Great to read this and glad you're happy with our transparency regarding earnings in a Protector's first two years at GDBA. All can be viewed here: https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/ Ed Hinman, SVP Associate Services
- Current Employee★★★★★15 Jul 2022 - Protector IIRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
GDBA has training for protectors.
this is subjective to whomever chooses this company.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★28 Jul 2022 - Team Leader in Beverly Hills, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Opportunity to make some good money.
Getting Time off is a little difficult.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★20 Jun 2022 - Client Engagement Coordinator in Glendale, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Inspiring Leadership Innovative ideas are always welcomed
Poor communication regarding employer satisfaction and opportunity(ies) for growth High turnover
- Current Employee★★★★★2 Jun 2022 - Team LeaderRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I’d never bother to write a review, this is actually my first ever, but since returning to GDBA I thought I would b/c I have renewed appreciation for this company. We protect human life. It’s an important job. I’ve been able to purchase a home with me and my family thanks to my earnings at GDBA. The clients I protect treat me and my team well.
Not everyone who starts out at GDBA is the right fit.
Gavin de Becker & Associates Reviews FAQs
Gavin de Becker & Associates has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 221 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Gavin de Becker & Associates to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.
78% of Gavin de Becker & Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gavin de Becker & Associates 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.