Cover image for Gavin de Becker & Associates

78% Recommend to a Friend
83% Approve of CEO

Found 218 of over 221 reviews

4.1
Gavin de Becker & Associates Chairman and CEO Gavin de Becker (no image)
Gavin de Becker
Pros
  • "And though I love being a cop, I don’t get the love from my leaders in law enforcement like I did at GDBA(in 17 reviews)

• "Your career with Gavin de Becker is exactly what you make of it(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Absolutely zero work-life balance(in 17 reviews)

• "Protecting the lives of others is not an easy job and requires many long hours, working nights, weekends, holidays(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0

Great Company!

23 Dec 2020 - Special Field Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training - the LA based training team are excellent. Amazing resources available throughout the company. True professionals at all levels within the company - most of them willing to mentor and provide assistance when needed.

Cons

Poor communication at times - leadership withholding information that does not need to be withheld. Massive attention on the US market - very little attention on the European operations.

2. 1.0

Experience GDBA

21 May 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and excellent teammates.

Cons

Very Bad leadership. The toxic environment which is created by the team leader.

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We understand good leadership is an important factor as a part of our team and are sorry to hear you felt this wasn't the case while you were with us. Best of luck in your next venture!

3. Join the Gavin de Becker & Associates team
      See Our Latest Jobs
    4. 4.0

Good place to work

22 Nov 2022 - Accounts Receivable
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good management based on my interactions, job security

Cons

Politics don’t align with my own

Gavin de Becker & Associates Response

Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to us as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI). Also, in this day and age of corporate politics, we do all we can to remain apolitical and focus on our mission: protecting human life. Ed Hinman, SVP Associate Services

5. 3.0

Thoughful

21 Nov 2022 - Protector
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting experience. Im grateful for the opportunity.

Cons

The instructors are not understanding.

Gavin de Becker & Associates Response

Thank you for your feedback, which is invaluable to us as we strive for Constant And Never-ending Improvement (CANI). I'd love to learn more, so please feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. Here are a few facts about GDBA: • GDBA published an industry leading career track of promotions and earnings increases: o https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/ • GDBA Associates work 40-hour workweeks with opportunities for overtime • 72% at GDBA are Military Veterans and/or former Law Enforcement Mr. de Becker, GDBA’s Founder, is a 3-time Presidential Appointee and widely regarded as the Nation’s leading expert on protection of Public Figures. We welcome the opportunity to share more about our unique company. If your considering applying to GDBA, we encourage you to do your own research. Ed Hinman, SVP of Associate Services

6. 4.0

very good

2 Nov 2022 - Protector I
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and benefits, look after their staff

Cons

long hours and last minute changes to schedule

Continue reading
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

regular pay raises and lots of communication from the bosses

25 Jul 2022 - Protector III in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From what I have seen they share a lot of information and are true to their word.

Cons

LONG COMMUTE. That part sucks, though the 8 hour days help a lot.

Continue reading

Gavin de Becker & Associates Response

Great to read this and glad you're happy with our transparency regarding earnings in a Protector's first two years at GDBA. All can be viewed here: https://gdba.com/earnings-and-benefits/ Ed Hinman, SVP Associate Services

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

N/A

15 Jul 2022 - Protector II
      Business Outlook

Pros

GDBA has training for protectors.

Cons

this is subjective to whomever chooses this company.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good money

28 Jul 2022 - Team Leader in Beverly Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to make some good money.

Cons

Getting Time off is a little difficult.

10. 4.0

Great Company, Great Leadership

20 Jun 2022 - Client Engagement Coordinator in Glendale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring Leadership Innovative ideas are always welcomed

Cons

Poor communication regarding employer satisfaction and opportunity(ies) for growth High turnover

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Returned to GDBA

2 Jun 2022 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’d never bother to write a review, this is actually my first ever, but since returning to GDBA I thought I would b/c I have renewed appreciation for this company. We protect human life. It’s an important job. I’ve been able to purchase a home with me and my family thanks to my earnings at GDBA. The clients I protect treat me and my team well.

Cons

Not everyone who starts out at GDBA is the right fit.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 218 Reviews
    </>Embed

Gavin de Becker & Associates Reviews FAQs

Gavin de Becker & Associates has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 221 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Gavin de Becker & Associates to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gavin de Becker & Associates employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gavin de Becker & Associates. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

78% of Gavin de Becker & Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gavin de Becker & Associates 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Gavin de Becker & Associates Job Seekers