Gavin de Becker & Associates Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2022

Found 215 of over 218 reviews

4.1
Gavin de Becker & Associates Chairman and CEO Gavin de Becker (no image)
Gavin de Becker
Pros
  • "And though I love being a cop, I don’t get the love from my leaders in law enforcement like I did at GDBA(in 17 reviews)

• "Your career with Gavin de Becker is exactly what you make of it(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Don’t come to GDBA clinging to your resume and expect to be promoted for what you did 3 years ago(in 22 reviews)

• "Protecting the lives of others is not an easy job and requires many long hours, working nights, weekends, holidays(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company!

Dec 23, 2020 - Special Field Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training - the LA based training team are excellent. Amazing resources available throughout the company. True professionals at all levels within the company - most of them willing to mentor and provide assistance when needed.

Cons

Poor communication at times - leadership withholding information that does not need to be withheld. Massive attention on the US market - very little attention on the European operations.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Experience GDBA

May 21, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and excellent teammates.

Cons

Very Bad leadership. The toxic environment which is created by the team leader.

Gavin de Becker & Associates Response

Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We understand good leadership is an important factor as a part of our team and are sorry to hear you felt this wasn't the case while you were with us. Best of luck in your next venture!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

regular pay raises and lots of communication from the bosses

Jul 25, 2022 - Protector III in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From what I have seen they share a lot of information and are true to their word.

Cons

LONG COMMUTE. That part sucks, though the 8 hour days help a lot.

4. 5.0

N/A

Jul 15, 2022 - Protector II
      Business Outlook

Pros

GDBA has training for protectors.

Cons

this is subjective to whomever chooses this company.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good money

Jul 28, 2022 - Team Leader in Beverly Hills, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to make some good money.

Cons

Getting Time off is a little difficult.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Great Leadership

Jun 20, 2022 - Client Engagement Coordinator in Glendale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inspiring Leadership Innovative ideas are always welcomed

Cons

Poor communication regarding employer satisfaction and opportunity(ies) for growth High turnover

7. 5.0
      Former Employee

Liked it

Jun 2, 2022 - Security Staff Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

GDBA is my only experience in Protection, however, I’ve had other jobs before GDBA. I felt part of a team and that people actually cared about me.

Cons

Career at GDBA can become a way of life and dominate you. You have to truly love it.

8. 5.0

Returned to GDBA

Jun 2, 2022 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’d never bother to write a review, this is actually my first ever, but since returning to GDBA I thought I would b/c I have renewed appreciation for this company. We protect human life. It’s an important job. I’ve been able to purchase a home with me and my family thanks to my earnings at GDBA. The clients I protect treat me and my team well.

Cons

Not everyone who starts out at GDBA is the right fit.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mission

May 2, 2022 - Protector in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Mission and Future: in the marine corps, I always wanted to do PSD. Now I’m starting a career in it. I’ve talked to a lot of successful guys at GDBA and for the most part, they seem to feel like their performance is rewarded. I hope to get on some of the big field teams in the future.

Cons

Nothing so far that I can think of now. I’ll come back and update if I think of anything.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Care about Me and My Family

Apr 28, 2022 - Protector
      Business Outlook

Pros

The little things matter. Recently, the firm sent my wife flowers just because. In January they sent her $175 Amazon gift card. I haven’t worked any other place where the company thinks about my wife like that.

Cons

No major cons that I can think of

1 person found this review helpful

Gavin de Becker & Associates Response

Thanks for the great feedback! -Ed Hinman, Senior Vice President of Protector Culture and CARE

Viewing 1 - 10 of 215 Reviews

Gavin de Becker & Associates Reviews FAQs

Gavin de Becker & Associates has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 218 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Gavin de Becker & Associates to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gavin de Becker & Associates employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gavin de Becker & Associates. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

80% of Gavin de Becker & Associates employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gavin de Becker & Associates 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Gavin de Becker & Associates to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Gavin de Becker & Associates Job Seekers