Front Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Found 61 reviews

5.0
Front CEO Mathilde Collin
Mathilde Collin
Pros
  • "(in 6 reviews)

• "Mathilde is a great leader and the whole team is representative of that(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Nothing comes to mind after 1 year(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been at Front for a few months, but felt compelled to add a review here. Honestly, I was skeptical of the reviews heading into the interview process. They seemed suspiciously high and surely it could not be as perfect as it appeared. But I've been consistently floored by the efforts across the board to make this a fantastic place to work that lives up to the company values. It's by far the best work... environment I've been a part of and I'm happy I came onboard. There are talented and caring teammates that have helped me grow so much in a fairly short time.

Cons

It's difficult to come up with much without sounding nitpicky. It's a startup so certain tradeoffs are implied. The compensation/benefits are good for a company this size, but not at the level of a large company. It can be fast-paced, but I've never felt pressured/threatened to cut corners. The (very) minor cons have been vastly outweighed by the pros.

Advice to Management

Growth (revenue and employees) is exciting, but continue being as thoughtful about maintaining the values as headcount goes up.

Front2019-08-27
  2. "Caring leaders and big company vision"

Current Employee - Marketer in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company’s values (collaboration, transparency, care, high standards, low ego) are core to the way the company operates. While the leadership team is experienced from their roles at top tech firms (VMware, Airbnb, Atlassian, Google), they also deeply care about their team members and upholding all of these values. I also like that Front is trying to disrupt the business communications market by innovating on... email. It’s easy to hate on email but hard to make it something that works better for 2 billion people around the world.

Cons

The usual scaling challenges — needing to hire more amazing people, while keeping our special culture, and growing our customer base in a competitive market.

Advice to Management

Keep your ear to the ground, don’t ever sacrifice culture for profits/revenue, and prioritize, prioritize, prioritize.

Front2019-08-15
  3. "This is a special place to work"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Front really lives up to the company values. Communication is clear across the company, so everyone is well-aligned on company goals. Everything is growing fast. Front is listening to employee feedback, and putting more resources into employee development + other initiatives to make this a better place to work

Cons

The work can sometimes feel overwhelming, but we have a great team ready to support you when you need it.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating clearly, being transparent , and doing what you're doing!

Front2019-08-14

"Care + Trust + Integrity = a happy workplace!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Caring leaders that have a genuine interest in individuals' growth and well-being Smart, ambitious, yet kind teammates who always have your back A low ego culture where it's OK to make mistakes (as long as you learn from them) A product that actually makes work better with a vision that's easy to believe in

Cons

While we're quite inclusive for women and LGBTQ, we could have more ethnic diversity (I understand this is being worked on) It's still very much a startup so processes aren't well-defined, they often still need to be created (which is part of the fun, at least for me!)

Advice to Management

Don't stop caring about the people and the culture, that's what makes this place special and will be our long-term advantage.

Front2019-07-22
  5. "Company that really cares"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Front is definitely a company that cares about one's well being and hires talent that reflects those values. I've never worked in a place that cultivates collaboration, and employees actually reflect the care that was advertised during the interview. These things make me continue to enjoy coming to work every day and invest in the career here at Front.

Cons

Very few things come to mind. It'd be nice to have more company sponsored food throughout the week.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees especially as we scale.

Front2019-07-24
  6. "An absolutely stellar place to work"

Current Employee - Communications Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

First company I've worked for where the core values ripple throughout the entire company, and are actually practiced. There is a high level of transparency throughout the company (both into the company itself and also into the work others are doing, and most importantly, how the work you're doing contributes to the goals of the company). Super inspiring leadership, great benefits, interesting work, highly... intelligent and kind team, super solid vision, great product... all around just a high quality environment.

Cons

None that I've experienced so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working.

Front2019-07-23
  7. "Rewarding work in a caring environment"

Current Employee - Analytics in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Huge growth, both at the individual level and for the business - Extremely nice and caring coworkers; management uncompromisingly believes in work-life balance - Ambitious team, hard-working and talented individuals that you can learn from - A big opportunity to change the work life of billions of people, one email at a time "Low ego" is the value that I like most about Front. Everyone here is willing to set... aside their egos to find out what's the best outcome for the team, and it's super refreshing. No politics, no infighting, every one is here to do their best work and be proud of it.

Cons

Even with 100 employees, this is still very much a startup, and areas of ownership are generally expanding for everyone willing to take on more. Not everyone will want to grow at such a pace.

Front2019-05-17
  8. "Special team and company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredibly friendly, caring people who are also very good at their jobs and passionate about building an awesome company. Huge market opportunity and growing fast.

Cons

Fast growth means things can sometimes be hectic and there's always a ton to do. But that also creates a ton of learning opportunities and room for advancement.

Front2019-04-27
  9. "Best work environment of my life :)"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working alongside talented, experienced people with low egos and genuine desire to help one another has been great for my professional development. It also contributes to a low-stress environment, despite the collective work ethic and drive everyone maintains. Keeps a smile on my face :)

Cons

Far-ish commute for me, but this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue here. Would be great to have an East Bay office

Front2019-04-24
  10. "I seriously love my job!"

Current Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

When you have a founder who wants more than anything for people to be happy at work, it really comes through to the culture and workplace. The executive team is so down to earth, that I actually refer to them as "the executive team" with quotes. They don't walk around thinking they're better than everyone else. We really are one big happy family. And now for the product. I couldn't imagine working in Gmail.... Front makes life so much easier. Every team uses Front in their own unique way. We are power users of our own product, and it's really cool.

Cons

The only con is that people leave their dishes in the sink, and we often have to send reminders to clean up after yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! And keep hiring great people!

Front2019-04-23