Front Reviews

Updated 22 Oct 2020

4.8
Front Co-Founder and CEO Mathilde Collin
Mathilde Collin
Pros
  • "A low ego culture where it's OK to make mistakes (as long as you learn from them)(in 16 reviews)

• "The leadership team is transparent - from metrics to Board decks - and your coworkers are truly collaborative(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is hard as there is so much to do, but everyone is all hands on deck to make the company succeed(in 4 reviews)

• "very fast-paced and it's sometimes tough to keep up(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Love it here!"

I have been working at Front full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work with people who truly live our values and care about the company - Awesome product that we internally get to use every day - Plenty of growth opportunities and managers that truly care about their team - People first approach - I have the best manager who is supportive and leads with empathy

Cons

- None really. I've been here for 4+ years and it's been an amazing experience. We are a startup that's growing quickly so the pace might not be for everyone, but I've truly enjoyed my entire time here and can't wait to see what the next 4 years hold.

2. "The best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Truly a people-first company. The work is interesting, challenging, and every Fronteer cares deeply about Front's success and the happiness of others.

Cons

None! Front is an amazing place to work.

3. "The best choice I've made"

I have been working at Front full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Front has been the best career choice I've made. I've been given so much opportunity to grow and learn here, and the culture promotes anyone trying new things and moving up to new levels.

Cons

No downsides — it's been great for more than 3 years now!

"A caring place where you can make an impact"

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Front is full of people that actually care about each other and the work we are doing. It's a respectful place to work where each person is encouraged to speak up and be heard. Our managers even hold monthly 1:1s to check in on our happiness and well-being. At the same time, we have an incredibly bold vision that pushes myself and others to higher standards. We work hard, but it's because we really believe in the work we are doing and are given opportunities to see the impact we have. Gender equality on our leadership team is amazing and really stands out in tech.

Cons

While I think that our collaborative roots gave us a leg up on the remote work situation this year, it's still been a struggle to figure out how to work effectively and efficiently when everyone is remote. Our in-office culture was so strong and I think it's been difficult to maintain (or more likely, adapt) it to the current situation. There is always room for improvement here and I know our People team is working hard on it. We aren't as impressive when it comes to racial/ethnic diversity on our team.

Continue reading
  5. "Transparency and respect"

Current Employee - Head of Design in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

Front has an amazing culture of respect and transparency within the org. Everyone is super friendly, passionate, and willing to help at the drop of a hat. It's a fast-paced startup environment but work/life balance is honored and encouraged.

Cons

It's still a small company so there are kinks to be worked out as we grow, but leadership is always looking for new ways to improve and adapt.

6. "Great company, people, and culture!"

Current Employee - Growth Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than a year

Pros

Front's mission is all about enabling people to work happier, and Front lives up to its mission when it comes to its employees and customers. Front prioritizes work/life harmony as much as execution towards its ambitious goals. The product is living up to the hype and creating real value in the marketplace.

Cons

The people at Front are almost too nice at times – direct/critical feedback can be hard to come by.

7. "A great place to have a lasting impact"

I have been working at Front full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After spending a few years at Front I can confidently say that Front is an amazing company living its values every day and where any employee can have a tremendous impact. In particular the low-ego culture makes sure that everyone's voice can be heard, whether it's through direct feedback to their manager, or being part of the decision-making process. It's also a great place to consistently keep learning after many years given the growth of the company.

Cons

Given that Front is still small and growing quickly, the pace and the growth environment might not be suitable for everyone.

8. "Treated with Respect, Allowed to Grow, and Given Opportunites"

Current Employee - Workplace Experience Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Front full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Front has managers who truly care about your well being. I am always treated respectfully. I feel able to express myself in the workplace and confident that I have the opportunity to grow. Front uses survey data as one way to identify friction points and creates plans to addresses them, then actually does execute those plans. I feel that the whole HR team operates with care.

Cons

It took a little while this year to find the right people to fill leadership roles, so I think the members of those teams were affected by this. However, I am confident in the new leadership hired!

9. COVID-19

"Great values and company culture!"

I have been working at Front full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mathilde shares a lot about Front's values and company culture on various platforms, which is a factor that really drew me in. As a current employee, I can say with confidence that it's not just lip service. Mathilde and the leadership team do an incredible job of upholding high standards when it comes to our values and culture. Two things that stand out to me the most are transparency and care. Communication from leadership down to the rest of the company is incredibly transparent. A lot of tech companies often list this as a value, but few truly practice it in their everyday decisions and actions. Happy to say that Front is walking the walk. Front deeply cares about its employees, and this has been apparent to me from day one. I joined Front at the beginning of COVID-19, right when companies were scrambling to figure out what to do and how to transition to remote work. Front did an amazing job of keeping employee experience top of mind, and did a great job of checking in on well-being throughout my on-boarding and beyond. Overall, I'm really happy to be working with a team of intelligent, hardworking, and caring people.

Cons

The normal growing pains of a start-up.

10. "A place I am proud to work and grow in"

4.0

I have been working at Front full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Amazing journey of growth I've witnessed the past few years, not just in our numbers but in the constant maturing and development of our people, processes, strategy. - If you like challenges, there will be no shortage of them for you to tackle, and you'll make an impact. - You have access to managers and leaders who will listen. - A lot of opportunity for cross-team collaboration and dipping your toes into new areas of professional growth if you're a self-starter. - The product is fantastic and everyone I've spoken to believes in it.

Cons

Lacking in career pathing, which could be a good or bad thing depending on whether you like to know the next step or if you like the open space to carve your own. Not enough time and resources spent on developing employees for long-term success and growth, as most employees' energy is directed to reaching short-term goals. This also creates an area of opportunity to develop leaders and promote internally.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 English Reviews