Four Seasons Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 6, 2021

Found 155 of over 2,236 reviews

4.2
Four Seasons President and Chief Executive Officer John Davison
John Davison
Pros
  • "Great benefits and travel program(in 170 reviews)

• "Great commission and decent work environment(in 99 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours working weekends red tape(in 168 reviews)

• "Hard to find a good work/life balance(in 137 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hotel Review

Nov 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefit package and attentive to details from the senior management

Cons

Long hours/ less work life balance

2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Negative work Environment

Nov 4, 2021 - Manager In Training in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Complimentary hotel nights, experience working with lots of amazing clients

Cons

Extremely negative work environment, no room for creativity, poor work/life balance.

3. 4.0

Overal

Oct 17, 2021 - Security Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy work/life balance with time off fairly distributed

Cons

Clamor for promotions creating unfair competition

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with incredible people-centric culture

Sep 30, 2021 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

An incredible company who values their employees and fostering a positive “home-like” work place Opportunities for growth and career advancement within the company and within different properties at a global scale You will meet some of the most incredible people who will become your family and friends for life.

Cons

It becomes difficult to achieve a work like balance. The notion of “the grind” continues to be very present with little to no work life balance, however, it is the nature of the industry Oftentimes there is a huge gap between upper management and middle management from a leadership perspective. Transparency and communication is key to eradicate these issues and would benefit situations as such

Continue reading
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good Experience

Oct 11, 2021 - Manager-In-Training (Four Seasons Cairo Nile Plaza) in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure, Growth in Company, Allow you to learn quick on the job

Cons

Little to no time off, work life balance is at a minimum. Long hours and overtime

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

great company to work

Sep 18, 2021 - Food and Beverage Waiter in Istanbul
      Business Outlook

Pros

company culture trainings open door policy

Cons

no work life balance long hours

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t Waste Your Life Here

Sep 22, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only pros working here was that they paid for me to relocate when I was offered the position, 401k match was good (but I didn’t make enough money to put anything above 1% away), and the life long friendships I’ve built with other managers.

Cons

Working here was literally some of the worst years of my life. This property was toxic through and through. Senior management (not including our GM, he was wonderful) really set the tone for a negative work/life balance that trickled all the way down to the line staff. The concept of work/life balance doesn’t exist. Every manager must be on duty for every single holiday, even if when the holiday rolls around, some of us are standing around because there are SO many people there. They don’t even consider letting 1 person at a time have a holiday to spend with their loved ones. You’re literally married to the hotel, and that’s it. The inappropriate things that are said to staff are also staggering. I’ve had female coworkers who were walked to the spa by MALE management, and told to learn how to do better makeup or fix their hair with the spa staff. I’ve had a friend reprimanded on her acne (out of her control) and hair texture (out of her control), again by men in the company. I’ve had to report people on drugs at work, kitchen staff drinking on the job (can’t blame them, this is a grueling place to work), and had to bring other servers to HR for sexual harassment of underage interns. This particular server wasn’t even fired even though there were multiple offenses. Since leaving the company I have had an incredible improvement to my work life balance, my mental health, and the amount of money I make. Never again will I let a job take me away from my family during holidays and birthdays, because that’s time I will never get back. I’ve watched marriages and relationships fall apart at the Four Seasons, because people devote every moment of their lives to “climbing the ranks”. That type of antiquated style of business is not relevant anymore. It’s about personal and professional growth, a healthy and fulfilling work environment, and treating your employees with respect. If I were you, I wouldn’t go into this industry or work for this company. It’s a GREAT place to stay, but I always make sure to be extra kind to the staff and pay my appreciation. They deserve it.

Continue reading
      5 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0

Great Company to Work For

Aug 27, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, amazing boss, training, standards

Cons

Lack of work life balance, not paid fairly

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic company to work for

Jun 29, 2021 - PR Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture and golden rule Opportunities for growth

Cons

Work / life balance Some outdated systems

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

May 24, 2021 - Food and Beverage Manager in Palm Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and much opportunity for growth

Cons

Hard to find a good work/life balance

Four Seasons Response

Content Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your review and for letting us know that we’re on the right track! We love hearing examples like this and will pass your feedback along.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Reviews