Fitbit Reviews

Updated 9 Jul 2020

3.8
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park
  1. "Great company, proficient colleagues and reliable devices"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Projects are challenging and you can see that the company values quality over the number of features delivered. The office location is awesome, and the work schedule is quite flexible.

Cons

At times you get the feeling that things go slower than you expect, but that's somewhat inherent to large projects.

June 15, 2020People Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Fitbit! Your feedback is important to us and we are happy to hear you enjoy your time with us .

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Development Test Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great and healthy culture. Very smart people all around. Cool stuff under the hood.

Cons

could improve schedule planning ahead of major decisions

3. "Cool people, nice work environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to meet very good engineers and learn from them. It's a very nice work environment

Cons

Things could be a bit more organized

"Writing on the Wall"

2.0
    Current Employee - Credit Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has a noble cause and decent product.

Cons

Due to the Google buyout and less-than-stellar profitability since 2016, the company has experienced high rates of attrition and layoffs causing high amounts of uncertainty to the workforce.

June 9, 2020People Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time at Fitbit. Your feedback is important to us and we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you would like to share additional feedback, please reach out to us at glassdoorfeedback@fitbit.com.

"You won't find better coworkers or more flexibility anywhere else!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working at Fitbit for over three years and enjoy working everyday because I love my coworkers! I started as an entry level HR contractor and have been able to move up and explore my career interests overtime. My favorite part about Fitbit is everyone assumes positive intent. The humility and brilliance of my coworkers is unparalleled. I had a lot of preconceived notions about tech prior to joining Fitbit but have been continuously pleasantly surprised that there is no ego here. I am very proud and happy to work for Fitbit.

Cons

The snacks don't rotate as much as I want them to but even the fact that we have access to free snacks and drinks is so amazing!!

June 9, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you have had such a great experience and are appreciating the free snacks and drinks!

6. "Following mission statement, improving engineering values"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Teams look at themselves honestly and transparently searching for improvement and recognizing successes. Recently, teams have enhanced emphasis on inter-team communications and common goals.

Cons

Over the years, teams have developed into silos. Holistic changes need to overcome inertia.

June 9, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you've sensed the honesty and transparency that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We will continue to work and grow our Engineering Values to embed them in our culture every day. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

7. "It's about the "Mission". Making the world a healthier place. That's what drives us"

Current Employee - Director
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Fitbit full-time

Pros

Not just what I think, but this consistent pattern of why people join and stay. The company "Mission" The people I work with. Solid Mangers who care about me Always learning and really "cool" work

Cons

Wish the business was stronger so we did not have to consider being acquired by Google. But Googles not a bad place to go either.

June 9, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. We're glad you've sensed the importance of the mission and people that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

8. "So glad to start my career with Fitbit ID TEAM!"

Current Employee - Associate Industrial Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome core value of the whole company is to help with people's health and wellness. Awesome team members from ID team that are so kind and resourceful. Awesome project members that help me a lot with my first couple projects!

Cons

Personal development guidance could be embed earlier in the process.

June 9, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you have found a connection with the core value of the company that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dynamic, new office in SLC. Operations is a very fast-paced department with every day being different from the day before.

Cons

The only thing I am not fond of is my commute but that's because I don't live close to downtown.

June 9, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you're enjoying the dynamic office environment that we've worked hard to make part of our culture at Fitbit. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

10. "My adventure at Fitbit"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

First thing I enjoy at Fitbit is the collective. The people here are the best of the best, not only professional but also at a human level, making the perfect atmosphere at the workplace. Another pro is the fact that you have all the support needed to progress and learn new interesting technologies on the latest equipment. Happy Friday is another good thing here and also the treats you get daily at the office. Another thing is the flexible program and the extra 4 days of vacation added per year and also a free day on your birthday (or in the specific month). A huge pro for me is the career opportunities that i had since i joined Fitbit. Overall, Fitbit is a really great place to work.

Cons

There is no such thing as a perfect workplace. There are some small issues with communication between different teams from my own view. Sometimes it feels that we lack behind our competition with innovation.

June 15, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to submit your thoughts on working at Fitbit. While we have things to work on, we're glad you enjoy the atmosphere and the learning opportunities. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to working hard to make Fitbit the best place possible to work and build a career.

Found 289 reviews