Fitbit Product Manager Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Nov 25, 2019

4.9
Fitbit CEO James Park
James Park

"Short overview of "Why Fitbit?""

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bucharest

I have been working at Fitbit part-time for less than a year

Pros

An environment that really allows you to grow both career wise & on your personal journey. Love working with people committed to what they're doing & always eager to share some of their knowledge. We really want to make the world a healthier place with our products and we're constantly pushing ourselves over our limits.

Cons

Nothing that crosses my mind at the moment:)

Fitbit2019-11-25

"Friendly culture but product falling behind"

Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit

Pros

Lots of friendly and smart coworkers, collegial culture, and good encouragement around making time for health and fitness in your schedule

Cons

Product vision and execution are falling behind, and it's being reflected in the low stock price and morale. The Blaze and Alta were disappointments, and inventory levels in stores are starting to pile up. The company says it will differentiate from Apple Watch based on a health and fitness focus, but Apple is investing very heavily around health and fitness as well, has many more features than Fitbit to make it... more useful, and looks cooler than Fitbits. As Jim Cramer and other have said, Fitbit is in for the fight of its life with Apple and others, since people will only wear 1 watch.

Advice to Management

Build or acquire new truly differentiated products and features more quickly, because Apple, Garmin, Xiaomi and others could make Fitbit a commodity product soon.

Fitbit2016-07-20

"Stay away. Short sighted and poor leadership"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Start up company. Average product, easy to get along if you agree with everything the top management says. Good place if you just want a brand on resume and can handle all the headache that is attached with it.

Cons

Really bad leadership team. I've seen people frustrated across teams with senior managers and VPs simply demanding instead of leading. Vendors are not happy either. Cheap tactics, slave like treatment, talent less teams and vision less higher management. Good place to lose your confidence and get along with some unprofessionals.HR is a joke with no one in the department willing to hear what the employee is going... through.

Fitbit2016-07-22

"Meaningful and fulfilling work"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fitbit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people who are good at what they do and easy to get along with Prevalent appetite to tackle big challenges grounded in practical approaches Opportunities aplenty to influence direction No politics, no needless process

Cons

Not as many perks as you'd get at a big company (but getting better) No swanky offices, just the essentials

Fitbit2013-12-15