Fisher Investments Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Fisher Investments Reviews

Updated 13 Nov 2019

3.7
Fisher Investments CEO Damian Ornani (no image)
Damian Ornani
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours (10 hours mandatory; during the fall months there’s extremely high work flow so your looking at 11(in 30 reviews)

• "Mandatory 50 hour work weeks for most roles(in 28 reviews)

"I look forward coming to work every morning"

Current Employee - Junior Associate in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments part-time for less than a year

Pros

-always have access from management for feedback and coaching -metric-based approach helps personal professional development (measuring stick) -focused on making sure that Fisher is a great place to work for you specifically and will work around your needs and desires as much as possible

Cons

-sometimes management decisions are inconsistently transparent -some resources that are available aren't very well publicized and you have to be somewhat lucky in uncovering them (right place, right time)

Advice to Management

perfection

Fisher Investments2019-03-22

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great upward potential, good culture, and great management.

Cons

OSPs can be very difficult to work with and management refuses to do anything about it. Base salary is low. It hurts especially if you ever find yourself in a sales slump.

Advice to Management

Treat your OSPs with the same expectations of professionalism as any other employee.

Fisher Investments2019-11-05
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health & dental insurance Travel insurance Uncapped commission structure Can earn a lot of money Great learning environment The company really invests in you

Cons

Low base salary Lots of low quality leads

Advice to Management

Rethink the way leads are being distributed, make changes to marketing

Fisher Investments2019-11-07
  4. "Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Vice President in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

A culture of care, clients clearly come first and every role in the firm works together seamlessly to deliver and communicate with clients. It is such a well-structured operation. I love the transparent meritocracy environment. If you work hard, you will be recognized and treated well. There are not really any mopes at this company like I found working at big public institutions. The mission is clear here and... everyone is rowing together in the same direction. I have found this to be a good family-oriented atmosphere. There are some terrific female, minority, and LBGTQ people in leadership positions who set great examples for diversity and transparency. Last but not least, the benefits package at this place is almost unreal it is so supportive.

Cons

A con if you are lazy or disengaged, there is no where for you to hide.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to attract the next generation of clients with new marketing approaches and ideas.

Fisher Investments2019-11-04
  5. "Great job"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Money and mo money, great management

Cons

None, they provide all of the resources to succeed

Fisher Investments2019-10-31

"Thankful Employee"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Too many times you see top-tier financial firms look to hire individuals that come from a certain type of family pedigree, and strictly those that have gone to Ivy League schools. As a first generation American, my parents didn't understand the American system to help guide me towards my future. Fisher Investments took me in with open arms after I graduated school, and has given me countless opportunities and... support; some of the pros I’d like to highlight: • Company Culture – diversity is heavily promoted, regardless of your ethnicity, educational background, gender, sexual orientation, etc. you’re provided opportunities to be successful and move into a role you desire • Management Support – management provides support to its employees both inside and outside of Fisher Investments • Women Empowerment – 3 of the business units at Fisher Investments are led by women (at the very top of the business units) • Grooming from within – the firm promotes from within • Employees – the firm genuinely cares about its employees and their well-being which extends beyond the walls of Fisher Investments • Clients – the firm puts the client first, I’ve worked at banks/insurance companies prior coming to Fisher and they put numbers before their clients, it was a refreshing change that makes me very proud to this day • Benefits – 50% match on your 401K and medical/dental insurance that covered by the firm in its entirety • CEO – highly approve of the CEO, his first order was to meet with the majority of the firm to understand pain points and what we can be doing better as a company, which has resulted in various teams working to implement change employees want to see

Cons

• Technology – the tech used in the firm is outdated and slow, which can make certain assignments frustrating at times. I’m glad to see there is a plan that is currently in the works to transform this aspect of the company. • Hours – One would expect hours to be long, but the flexibility provided at other companies should be considered here. Not that flexible • Work from home – working from home isn’t really... allowed, which would be a great benefit

Fisher Investments2019-10-19

"Stodgy Old Boys Club"

Former Employee - VP-Private Client Sales in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

High commissions and work from a home based office.

Cons

Cold calling 100+ people per day who don’t want anything to do with you, much less want to meet without a branch office to show for. Most wealthy clients don’t like to spread out their financial lives at Starbucks.

Advice to Management

You need branch offices with a tenured local advisor versus passing off the client to a young kid right out of college in Washington.

Fisher Investments2019-11-10
  8. "Nice"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

Good team, stayed for the people

Cons

management, maybe could do better

Fisher Investments2019-11-08

"Fit In or Go Home"

Current Employee - Associate in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

Good benefits that come with lots of strings attached. Fisher is pretty flexible with working hours.

Cons

The culture, plain and simple. It's like being in the middle of a cult film watching everyone worship around the altar of their ruler. There is no individual thought here. They don't even teach finance correctly in order to keep their employees in complete agreement with the firm's own ideas. Either fall in line or get out because if you are someone who likes to have independent thoughts you will be absolutely... miserable here. Pay is below industry standard and most of your future raises come in the form of bonuses, which are heavily taxed and not guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Stop talking like you just got out of a class on how to be a manager. There is more to managing than using buzzwords constantly.

Fisher Investments2019-10-30

"Excellent place to start your career"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great training and development opportunities with great benefits. My teammates are what make my day-to-day so great. Really awesome 401k match and PTO.

Cons

Most departments work 10 hour days and working from home is not an option.

Fisher Investments2019-10-15