Fisher Investments Reviews

Updated 28 May 2020

3.6
Fisher Investments Chief Executive Officer Damian Ornani (no image)
Damian Ornani
  1. "Good job"

Current Employee - Investment Counsellor in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

Inicial salary is good to start

Cons

Not flexible work, 9-6pm you Don’t have so much time to spend in yourself

Fisher Investments2020-03-18

"Great long term prospects for psychopaths"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are ruthless and have no conscience and thrive on manipulation this is the job for you. After I was released from prison I was so relieved that they did not hold this against me welcoming me with open talons. Here you can stay within the bounds of legality and make good bank.

Cons

Will destroy any sense of ethos and distort reality with permanent moral damage.

Fisher Investments2020-05-12
  3. "good entry level experience"

Current Employee - Investment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

great place to start a career

Cons

I have no cons to report

Fisher Investments2020-05-21

"Borderline Hostile Work Environment, Proceed With Caution"

2.0
    Former Employee - Associate in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are great (401k match, paid premiums, good PTO) and so are some of your immediate co-workers (but most of the bonding is because you're miserable). If you truly want to work in wealth management, then this isn't the worst place to be. Otherwise, proceed with extreme caution.

Cons

If you want to work at a place where management has no empathy and are highly skilled at micro-managing, then you may actually like working here. You will develop little to no skills that would be transferable anywhere outside of this company. Fisher promotes people based on subjective metrics that are vague versus those who are actually competent and show leadership abilities. If you speak up then you're penalized for not showing a "will do" attitude. Basically, they want you to act like a cog in a machine and never question anything, which hinders innovative thinking. That's why the company is literally run by part-time junior associates, since most of the jobs is pressing a button rather than using any type of brain power. It's all fear-based tactics to make sure you get your work done and associates are always overloaded (even though you work a REQUIRED 50-hour work week, with absolutely NO flexibility unless you're in sales because Fisher treats them like saints). There have been times where I've seen associates crying in the stairwells because of being disrespected so it's not the most psychologically healthy environment to be in.

Fisher Investments2020-05-21
  5. "Good Company to start your career."

Current Employee - Analyst in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Transparent Management. Awesome 401k match and health benefits.

Cons

Long hours. IT still playing catch up.

Fisher Investments2020-05-08

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very energetic environment, knowledgeable coworkers, great management

Cons

Long hours but worth it bc of benefits

Fisher Investments2020-04-28
  7. "Fine Company"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Camas, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have great benefits and opportunity to rise.

Cons

Very bleak and rat race like, and your typical office space.

Fisher Investments2020-05-15

"Avoid this Place"

1.0
    Former Employee - Investment Counselor in Camas, WA

I worked at Fisher Investments full-time

Pros

Decent Pay and 401K match

Cons

Independent and thoughtful ideas are not encouraged, and in many cases, downright punished. I don't consider Fisher's Investments to be a wealth manager...it's more of a pushy sales organization full of young kids and cheesy salespeople. I always provided thoughtful, intellectually-sound advice to my clients, and was well respected by them as a result. However, the middle management at Fisher are jittery syncopants living in fear of their eccentric boss, Mr. Fisher himself. They excel at aggressive sales and retention tactics, but ultimately are not the brightest bulbs in the universe .

Fisher Investments2020-05-29

"Great Place for a Life-Long Career"

Current Employee - Manager in Camas, WA

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You learn a lot about the industry, surrounded by very driven individuals, very good benefits

Cons

High expectations of employees, WFH is usually not an option

Fisher Investments2020-04-20

"Thankful Employee"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Fisher Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Too many times you see top-tier financial firms look to hire individuals that come from a certain type of family pedigree, and strictly those that have gone to Ivy League schools. As a first generation American, my parents didn't understand the American system to help guide me towards my future. Fisher Investments took me in with open arms after I graduated school, and has given me countless opportunities and support; some of the pros I’d like to highlight: • Company Culture – diversity is heavily promoted, regardless of your ethnicity, educational background, gender, sexual orientation, etc. you’re provided opportunities to be successful and move into a role you desire • Management Support – management provides support to its employees both inside and outside of Fisher Investments • Women Empowerment – 3 of the business units at Fisher Investments are led by women (at the very top of the business units) • Grooming from within – the firm promotes from within • Employees – the firm genuinely cares about its employees and their well-being which extends beyond the walls of Fisher Investments • Clients – the firm puts the client first, I’ve worked at banks/insurance companies prior coming to Fisher and they put numbers before their clients, it was a refreshing change that makes me very proud to this day • Benefits – 50% match on your 401K and medical/dental insurance that covered by the firm in its entirety • CEO – highly approve of the CEO, his first order was to meet with the majority of the firm to understand pain points and what we can be doing better as a company, which has resulted in various teams working to implement change employees want to see

Cons

• Technology – the tech used in the firm is outdated and slow, which can make certain assignments frustrating at times. I’m glad to see there is a plan that is currently in the works to transform this aspect of the company. • Hours – One would expect hours to be long, but the flexibility provided at other companies should be considered here. Not that flexible • Work from home – working from home isn’t really allowed, which would be a great benefit

Fisher Investments2019-10-19