Fenergo Employee Reviews about "fenergo"

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 30 of over 175 reviews

4.1
Fenergo CEO Marc Murphy
Marc Murphy
Pros
  • "Fenergo has pivoted really well to remote working(in 26 reviews)

• "Fast paced - never a dull day given the pace at which we continue to scale(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I never had bad experiences in Fenergo(in 18 reviews)

• "Very very busy which at times can impact on work life balance however there is huge flexibility(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fenergo"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 16, 2021 - Technical Support in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro of this company for me is how normal, down to earth and approachable our management is and always has been. For me this is critical as this filters down through the entire business. There is a great sense of community and very little micro-management. Staff have always been treated very well, and this has been particularly significant during the Covid period. Our new working model is very successful and going forward staff are simply trusted to get the work done, even if that's not always between 9-5 as we all navigate the various courses we are meeting as restrictions and life changes at a mile a minute these days. This has been one of my longest roles to date, which is certainly not by chance and I have no plans to alter my course in the near future outside of fenergo.

Cons

From my perspective, there is very few cons at fenergo. Salaries are certainly an area that need some review for sure, but I would not allow this to be a show stopper for any prospective applicants who may be considering fenergo for their next move. The company values its staff and while other places may offer inflated salaries, that can often be a cover up for unrealistic targets / demands, something that I have not had to deal with so far at fenergo.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good for starting a career

Nov 7, 2021 - Quality Assurance Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to start a career from here. Fenergo is open to career path change and relocations. Work culture is really nice here and everyone is helpful here.

Cons

Fenergo is way behind in salaries as compared to other companies. Org or team change happens a lot here.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Supportive and ambitious

Oct 13, 2021 - Software Engineering Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Encourages people to introduce new ideas - Rewards positivity and teamwork - Open culture where anyone can contribute to even the largest initiatives - Dublin born and bred - Pushing the boundaries of technology in financial enterprise software

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary in the software engineering industry, in my own experience Fenergo is much more open to change and improvement than most companies and will always listen to feedback

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best company I've ever work.

Oct 8, 2021 - Software Architect in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fenergo is the best company I have ever worked. I was able to develop my career and learn new things all the time. The people and the culture are great. Also now during covid helped me to set up my office at home, to purchase all the necessary things to work from home. They have now a hybrid model of work from home and office which is great.

Cons

Fenergo is a fast paced company and keeps you busy. But I like to be busy myself so it is also a good thing.

5. 4.0

Amazing place to work

Oct 11, 2021 - Director in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fenergo is a self made Irish company with fantastic opportunities to grow and excel your career. The culture is fast paced with loads of room and opportunities to learn and be part of something special. The workforce is diverse and inclusive to all and employees are supported to move within the organisation as opportunities arise. It is a very flexible place to work and the new hybrid model supports a very healthy work life balance. There is lots of fun to be had on a Fenegro night out and employees are always looked after very well with a range of exercise classes and social activities to choose from.

Cons

As with any growing company there can be alot of change to deal with however with change usually comes more opportunities and with new member of the C -Suite joining Fenergo in recent months the strategy and the path forward is becoming very clear to all.

6. 2.0

Spin after spin

Apr 19, 2021 - Team Lead in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

• you can learn a lot about technology, • some genuine good and kind people are working there

Cons

• Fenergo has organisation restructure every year, • Only way to progress career is to change department, • People on project are stretched and pushed to limits, • Its hard to tell direction where company is going there is a different story every year Company has good marketing so you shouldn't blindly trust everything you read in newspapers, • You read how "Fenergo turn pandemic crisis into opportunity but then on company update they announce no bonus and pay raise" • So many people left company but they manage to spin that story how they will hire another 100 people There is also mirage story about IPO but only upper management get share options

13 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to be working during Covid!

Feb 4, 2021 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fenergo has pivoted really well to remote working. I feel that I have been very supported to do my job effectively while still being able to prioritise family. I have the equipment that I need, the technology works and the availability of everything from training materials, company communications to weekly exercise classes has been super.

Cons

Missing out on getting to know new people

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Do not recommend

Jan 27, 2021 - Professional Services in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Young company with growth. Reasonable but still below average benefits

Cons

Unfortunately the managers should not be in their positions in the first place. Managers are displaying high levels of favouritism in how specific employees are treated. Outright bullying tactics used against others. Even if you make a complaint about the treatment to senior management it falls on deaf ears and is excused by something else. Company requires for you to take extensive additional duties without any recognition or salary increase. Due to the nature of Fenergo being an international company long hours are required. Unfortunately due to all the stress and treatment along with the long hours it made no sense for me to stay there any longer. I have since resigned and went to work somewhere.

10 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Current Employee

Hiding positive results in company update

Oct 22, 2020 - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture took a real hit this year. Not much good to say at this point.

Cons

The company hasn’t skipped a beat this year during COVID. Here’s the best part. They communicated across the org in March that there will be no bonuses, no pay rises and no promotions. Fine. Makes sense. Let’s be cautious and keep cash reserves and see how the pandemic plays out. 6+ months later, the world is opening up, the company is doing fantastic, margins are up, we’ve gained multiple new clients. We’ve hired about 80 new people. What went wrong is not look after loyal employees, gave promotions to mainly people at the head office in Dublin while it was said before no promotions, specifically no in-line promotions. Why say one thing but do another? If the company only knew how unhappy people are, you might re-think your words or actions. I would not be shocked to see people start leaving this company. While people should be appreciative of job security, it is shocking to see the company hide the success we’ve been experiencing. The company update, what an absolute joke. The usual update pre-COVID is they really dig into the financials to toot the fenergo horn, show how awesome we are, etc... people love that. We are still performing like this! But the company decided to hide the financials, not being transparent with the success from the first half of this FY. I hope the C-Suite reads this because everyone knows what you’re doing and you’re damaging your reputation to the people that matter the most to you. Best of luck keeping good people.

12 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great people in a dynamic environment

Aug 13, 2020 - Solution Architect in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are brilliant and the culture that is fostered throughout the organisation is one were we strive towards the same goal, while still being treated as a individual. I can highly recommend Fenergo if you want to work in a fast paced modern environment.

Cons

Can get very busy, but this is a good thing. I'd rather be busy than bored

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews