Facebook Reviews

Found 3,874 of over 8 k reviews

4.3
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg
Pros
  • "Free food is just the beginning(in 399 reviews)

• "Great environment and really smart people(in 344 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be tough at times(in 487 reviews)

• "Sometimes long hours due to working with US(in 99 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good

20 Jun 2021 - Business Integrity Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

unlimited resources in the company

Cons

Too Big to deliver on projects

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

In a culture that promotes care from managers, it can be absent towards them

11 Jun 2021 - Ops Lead in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The salary and perks are very difficult to match.

Cons

PSCs put a ridiculous amount of pressure on teams to justify the performance... people spend half their year dreading it. During covid there was a lot of talk about providing support to your teams as a manager... but in return you personally received zero support from leadership. Pulse results are analysed for ICs to ensure fixes are put in place, but as a manger no one ever questions if they can make your work life better.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

FB getting a bit more corporate but still great place to work

19 Jun 2021 - Data Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good perks ( you pay tax on most perks so be warned) , great office,

Cons

As an IC not much collaboration, every 6 months you need to reinvent your self via projects

4. 5.0

Great place to work

30 Mar 2021 - Partner Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been super happy at Facebook in Dublin, my manager has always been very understanding and helping in every way possible, the Danish team is a great team and my manager helped me a lot to pursue what I wanted within my position. I would love to work with my manager and team again, however I had to leave FB due to missing opportunities in-market and no option for remote work as I have travelled back to my home country due to personal reasons. I would always recommend Facebook as a good place to work, you will get: - Great colleagues - Great managers - Amazing culture within your team - Great perks - Strong work/life balance - Many options to explore new skills - Many team offsite events (before covid) - Trip to San Francisco every year

Cons

- Performance evaluation is very long and takes too much time - In-market job opportunities are rare and hard to get

Facebook Response

EMEA Recruitment Director

Thanks for being a Partner Manager in Dublin and for taking the time out to write this review. I appreciate you shining a light on some of the areas you really enjoyed while working here and calling out the quality of your colleagues, managers, benefits, work life balance and culture . Thanks also for the constructive feedback on how we can do better around our performance review cycles and improve internal career opportunities, two areas we're committed to doing better. Hope you are enjoying being back in your home country and wishing you all the very best going forward. - Sincerely, Declan

5. 5.0

Facebook

7 Jun 2021 - Senior Strategic Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- benefits (parent leave, wellness etc) - food - culture

Cons

- management - salary (high costs of living) - not being able to be remote

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to work - Nordic Scaled account manager

29 Apr 2021 - Key Account Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked at Facebook Dublin, sales/account management for the Nordics market, team called Nordic Scaled. I have nothing but good things to say about the team, managers and upper management. - The team culture is very supportive, leaving room for development. Further, the team is young, talented, curious and entrepreneurial - creating a fun environment to work in. - I had multiple different managers within the Nordic team, all were seeking to understand my needs, supporting my development. I always felt very valued, listened to and could talk to my managers about anything. - You get the chance to take on high responsibility straight away, such as consulting mid-large size business in the digital marketing space. Or to take on internal projects, with real impact. - Great opportunity to develop yourself and your skills through; Coaching from managers, mentorship programs, training sessions, lectures etc. - No micro management, managers trust that you deliver good work and coach if needed. - Work Life Balance is great! Yes, the goals could be tough from time to time and new joiners might feel that it is a lot to learn the first few months. Your manager will encourage and enable you to not work late. Also, everyone is encouraged to go work out during office hours, (Pre-covid there were regular group sessions with Facebook to go work out if you wanted to). Also, no one expects that you sit late in the office.

Cons

- Sometimes tough to see your impact/contribution in an organization of this size and turnover. - Things move fast and what is your goal one day might need to change the other. - A bit American centralized, meaning that conversations around policies/products/incentives could lean towards solving problems that are more relevant in the US compared to the EU. - A bit tough for junior employees in central offices (Dublin) to move internally to new positions in local offices (i.e. Stockholm, Oslo). It´s doable, but hard.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

Great place to work

8 Jun 2021 - Human Resources Department in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent packages/ comp, Benefits are good

Cons

Stressful / ever changing environment

8. 5.0

Excellent employer

1 Jun 2021 - Project Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

diversity, challenge, high impact, lots of growth opportunities

Cons

everything is changing fast and you have to be ready to adapt

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good growth opportunities if you're working on Engineering Org, not so great for the operations org

14 Jun 2021 - Automation Developer in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great salary and compensation Work-life balance

Cons

Operations and Trust & Safety org isn't given enough importance or credits

10. 5.0

Market Specialist at Facebook

29 May 2021 - Market Specialist in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Connecting the world closer together making social impact.

Cons

There are no cons so far.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,874 Reviews