FDM Group "account managers" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

FDM Group Employee Reviews about "account managers"

Updated 6 Jan 2020

3.2
FDM Group CEO, Founder, and Director Rod Flavell
Rod Flavell
Pros
  • "Foot in the door to blue chip companies(in 88 reviews)

• "The opportunity presented to the dedicated trainees is by far the biggest positive of the graduate programme(in 74 reviews)

Cons
  • "Might have a feeling that you are a product of the company, so account managers would try their best to sell you to their clients(in 159 reviews)

• "2 year contract with buy out cost(in 80 reviews)

Reviews about "account managers"

Return to all Reviews

"Business Consultant"

I worked at FDM Group full-time

Pros

I trained to be a Business Analyst, and training actually wasnt that bad but definitely shouldnt be valued at £20k+. I had a really good team who I'm still in touch with at the moment. Some trainers really care about you and your progression, however some are just there to simply do the job. The firm has a good and ambitious vision, but execution can be much better.

Cons

Poor pay. no job security whatsoever. I know people who are placed but are still worried of where they'll be in a few months time because some have contracts that are only 4-5 months long, etc. When I was in the pond, an account manager nearly guaranteed me a job for a client as I was the next one to be placed in that field. But the client requested someone else who was already placed in a different country, so FDM took that consultant out of that contract and relocated him to a new one..? This just didnt make sense to me at all. Staff attrition is high. After training, they say it's FDM's job to get us into a job but their effort in doing this was not really shown whatsoever. No communication with account managers unless you persistently annoy them about you.

Advice to Management

Managers and the executives should look into employee engagement more and keeping communication constant with their employees, whether in the pond, beach, on site etc.

FDM Group2017-07-10

"Okay"

I worked at FDM Group for more than a year

Pros

easiest entry to the i.t feild

Cons

account managers really do not look at the individuals they go with a see what sticks approach training unpaid low pay

FDM Group2014-12-15
  3. "Everything you need to KNOW. Moving to NYC, The Hotel99, and FDM Overall."

Current Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

High Potential to get placed with a great company

Cons

Overall, living in NYC sucks (unless you are already here). Here is everything you need to know before coming here !!! Remember that the cost of living here is expensive. You are better off joining other companies like Revature that does the same thing instead. They pay you at least 10-15 grand more for living in places like NYC and Chicago. I've lived with people in large portion of my life. In NYC, forget about roommates unless you know them. Otherwise, it will be very hard to find any decent people in this place. I looked at around 15 apartments. Most the time, it will be an old and run down place with shady roommates. Oh, and most apartments will have like 3-5 people with 1 or 1.5 bathroom. There will most likely not be laundry, so you will have to walk to the nearest laundromat every week and spend 2-3 hours doing your laundry. And most importantly, with your budget, you won't find any neighborhood near your work that is decent. There will be homeless, mentally ill, and a lot of sketchy people. Your commute to work will most likely be 40 minutes minimum to 2 hours. Expect to spend a lot on transportation. Subways, buses, and on so forth. And remember, if you are young and have no one over here, you will be all alone with no one to help you with moving, driving in NYC, or anything. Hotel99 Pro: It is at a nice place right next to central park, hudson park, and columbia university. Overall, the location is safe and at hub of everything. Subway right next to the hotel so it is very convenient to go to work and everything. Cons: This hotel is complete BS. They will try to give you the worst room they have. The windows will be facing a brick wall. There will be some cockroaches. And if you are living with someone else ............... JUST DON'T. The room is very very small for 2 people. It will smell very bad if two guys are living there together. Imagine with all your belongings and someone else's belongings altogether in one small space. You will be sleeping 1.5 feet away from him. Yes, I measured. No kitchen and bathroom. It will be shared by the entire floor. There is 3 bathrooms and 1 small kitchen. Each bathroom can be used by 1 person at a time. I woke up at night time because of the odor trapped in the room at like 3 a.m to walk outside for some NYC fresh air. You can't open the window because bugs will just march right into your room. I had to open the hotel door that leads to the hallway to get some fresh air. Almost forgot, there is no closet. There is just a hanger that is 2 feet in length that is it. So you will be keeping 80% of your clothes in your bag. You will have to share the 4 drawers with your roommate. And no desk. So imagine hearing your roommate you just met that snores at night time, smell of shoes worn all day from 2 guys, no closet, bathroom shared by like 30 people, small kitchen (very small mini fridge that sometimes don't work) so you will have a terrible diet of eating fast food, or some sort of unhealthy food, and you don't know anyone in NYC, you have to find somewhere to live in 2 months, you get payed $15 an hour in like the most expensive city in the world, ................. As a person that lived in a lot of terrible conditions ( I really mean it), living in that hotel with 1 other person is just the worst experience. If you get the hotel by yourself though, it can be manageable though I did ask them for you already, and they won't budge. Lastly, if you are truly desperate, then you can work it out. However, expect everything I said above. Most people in FDM are out of college, so young in their 20s. If you are having hard time finding a job, I'd suggest go to the library everyday and study on your interviewing skills and learn your profession. I promise you everything is there online. FDM Group They are like all other companies. They will try to keep give you bare minimum, and get most out of you. Apply to other companies like FDM that pay you more !!! It is exactly the same process. The $1000 they pay you upfront and $2000 Reimbursement is really nothing at all. You will most likely not be using the $2000 because they have strict rules to how you can use it. The HR is there to protect the COMPANY from YOU. Not the other way around. You can learn valuable skills here, but you can also learn them yourself if you just put the work into it. If you are moving here, they won't help you out with anything. DO NOT use public transportation coming here. Use UBER>>> Make them pay for it. Let them know you have TOO much baggage to carry through like 3-5 transportation systems. Otherwise, if you are desperate and in need 1) Try to get your own hotel room. Probably won't happen. Make up some excuse. You have really bad BO, snore loud, and other stuff maybe. 2) Try to find work somewhere else besides NYC, NJ, California, and Chicago. 3) Get your OWN apartment. I can go on about this all day, but really............ get your own place I promise it will be worth it. 4) Study hard!!! It really isn't hard. You just need to completely focus. 5) Look nice 6) Be professional at all times 7) Keep negative things to yourself. 8) Engage with your account manager and other people in charge.

Advice to Management

If you have someone moving to NYC for the first time, help them out.

FDM Group2020-01-07
  4. "IT Consultant"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at FDM Group

Pros

Good training, fast paced, job interviews

Cons

Contract, account managers can be difficult to contact

FDM Group2019-11-06

"Before signing, do a quick google search on why theyre being sued by various parties."

Former Employee - Java Developer in New York, NY

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I literally cant think of any pros. Maybe if youre straight out of college its a good entry point, but even then youre better off working entry level software engineering job and move upward after year 1.

Cons

Low pay. Account manager do not care about you. You basically have to do their job for them and keep asking to get placed everyday. They also seem to play favorites too as others seem to go on several interviews for the same position/cohort. No transparency on your pay. Java developers gets the same amount of pay as every other stream. The work I was doing commanded 118k starting and I was barely getting 38k. Promises to reimburse my rent, never to be heard from again. They also tell you stories about how consultants will work at placement site full time after two years, but thats winning the lotto. Talked to several FDMers and only 1 person got full time status after 2 year contract with FDM.

FDM Group2019-12-04

"Fdm treats their staff badly. And senior management is racist and incompetent. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."

Former Employee - IT Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work at banks - But it doesn't matter because they have very strict non competition clauses so if the banks have no headcount to hire you in the first place, they will not have headcount to convert you as a permanent staff. And that's when their non competition clause comes in where you are not allowed to convert as a 'perm' hire under other agencies for the same position (more money for them).

Cons

- Strong white supremacy - HR is very weak and lazy - Claims to be an IT consultancy firm but places you anywhere, even totally unrelated fields like data entry, KYC. - You cannot say no to any placement because you have a bond penalty that is more than 29000USD if you break it before 2 years. - Senior Management is very incompetent - Most account managers do not care if the placement is not suitable for you, all they care about is earning their commission - Minimal benefits, unpaid medical leave in some countries - that's absurd.

Advice to Management

Please reorganise and value your consultants more. My guess is that people at the top management do not know what is happening in the lower management where they 'bully' consultants. If you want to grow, value what makes your business grow - your consultant.

FDM Group2019-11-08

"False promises"

Former Employee - Business Consultant

I worked at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady wage for 2 years after initial placement.

Cons

Account managers have lack of knowledge in their jobs to place the correct consultants with clients Academy managers don’t care about your personal life at all, a contract is a contract to them and that’s it Wage isn’t that great for the hard work the consultants get out through Academy training means nothing as they place you with a client doing next to any job, even if you trained to work on Projects and get a placed as a receptionist When you have an opinion or you want your voice to be heard, you are automatically in the bad books for not being a zombie

Advice to Management

Become more considerate towards your consultants, review the contract obligations and pay them a higher salary, if you are pocketing a minimum £210 a day when they receive around £70 a day it clearly shows how much profit you are making and it’s sickening

FDM Group2019-11-04

"DO NOT JOIN FDM"

Former Employee - Java Trainee in Toronto, ON

I worked at FDM Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

some basic training in the IT field, a chance to work for a big bank

Cons

- Low pay - I met many smart people at FDM and they get forced into roles like support engineer or quality engineer when they didn't apply for them - You are a product to FDM, you aren't even considered an 'employee' until you are onsite - The second you get on the bad side of an account manager you will not get anymore roles - The training is not great, you can learn everything on your own in 2 weeks - They take advantages of new grads - There are never any pure development roles. Most jobs are using very niche technologies that you will never find job postings for - They will fire you without reason

FDM Group2019-10-19
  9. "Average at Best.."

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have great clients, all over the country and even abroad, with academies in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Australia, USA, and a few others. They help to train you up into a competent developer. They help you to get a contract at a company and the account manager checks in on you to make sure that you are having a good experience at the company. They do reimburse you for travel weekly.

Cons

1) If going for a developer position, and you dont have a technical background, chances are you will become a tester... not a software developer 2) if you are not having a good experience on site, account managers want you to stay on site, rather than help you find a different place which may be better suited for you, as there are financial consequences if the contract is broken 3) pretty much 0 employee benefits, other than the chirstmas party, and online learning tools 4) 21 days off, which is fewer than most places, and you cannot buy extra holiday days 5) if you decide to leave after their training ( which they value at £20,000) , you have to PAY THEM BACK £20,000 in turn! 6) if you see opportunities that may be available, the account manager in charge can deny you the opportunity to apply for the role. 7) all the training that they do is entirely UNPAID

Advice to Management

1) get rid of the £20000 fee, and you will attract more people 2) If you do not like your placement for whatever reason, help the FDMer to find a new contract where they will be happy, rather than making them stay at a place they dont like and are miserable

FDM Group2019-09-14
  10. "Good place to get started in Tech career."

Current Employee - Software Development Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at FDM Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a good place to get start in a Tech career, if you have not much (or no experience) in the Tech industry. The training provided start you off in the correct path, and the trainers are very friendly and helpful. The interviews can be a bit daunting, but your account managers and trainers, do a lot to help you with mock interviews and prep.

Cons

The starting pay is kind of low, and you are locked into to contract for 2 years without any increments or bonus. Its a compensation for the training they provide.

FDM Group2019-08-29