Evolent Health "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Evolent Health Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated 2 Dec 2019

2.9
Evolent Health CEO      Frank Williams
Frank Williams
Cons

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Pay but not stable"

Former Employee - Claims Quality Auditor in Chicago, IL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is great. It is a livable wage. They have work from home options for most departments. The PTO is great, they really value work/life balance. Benefits that they do offer is really good. There is a real opportunity for growth you last long in the company.

Cons

They do a lot of management changing and they have done a few layoffs. No tuition reimbursement benefit.

Evolent Health2019-12-03

"Positivity is Contagious..."

Current Employee - Director in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the most flexible, transparent, and kind organization I’ve ever worked for. Unlimited PTO and the ability to work from home enable me to balance life outside of the office - that’s insane and so appreciated! Transparency within the organization is also like none that I’ve ever experienced. Leaders take feedback from employees seriously and take action where they can. I’m optimistic about the future of the company and trust that we’re doing what we can to follow through on commitments to employees.

Cons

A lot of recent change, but what I signed up for. Evolent has been acting as a start up, because it has been.

Evolent Health2019-10-24

"Job"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Flexibility to work from home.

Cons

Lack of support from leadership. Especially for younger employees.

Evolent Health2019-09-24

"Intense micromanagement and zero leadership"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO and great work from home policy

Cons

Micromanaging to the extreme. Very weak leadership. Executive team has zero experience outside of Evolent. Department heads are promoted with no knowledge or expertise in their area. Serious trust issues between workers and management. The culture is toxic. Extremely high turnover.

Advice to Management

Learn the difference between being manager and a leader. Remove the micro managers from power. Trust your employees.

Evolent Health2019-10-18

"Good company, amazing growth, poor communication"

Current Employee - Director in Remote, OR

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Awesome benefits, ability to work from home , and amazing coworkers. Evolent has a knack for hiring very intelligent people.

Cons

Cross-company terminations. Not layoffs, but termination. Evolent lost a huge amount of their talent, only to later post positions that could have been filled by experienced personell.

Advice to Management

Give employees a heads up if there are upcoming budget constrictions. Many were terminated that had extensive knowledge of Evolent and essential work that is sorely missed. They were lost, not realizing this was a possibility and had to find jobs elsewhere. It was very sad to see so much talent that Evolent lost. I feel that this could have been avoided by allowing current employees an opportunity to apply for related positions that were subsequently opened.

Evolent Health2019-08-14

"Be warned and do not waste your life at Evolent"

Former Employee - Actuarial

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Work from home option is nice

Cons

Company does not care about actuarial at all. Importance of actuarial is above janitorial, but only by a slight amount.

Evolent Health2019-10-08

"Don’t waste your health and happiness here!"

Current Employee - RN Care Advisor
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, awesome patients that truly appreciate us.

Cons

This company will work you 60 hours a week (if you let them) and encourage weekend work to try to enroll members. Not only is this not realistic, but unattainable if you want a life. As for “unlimited time off”... cruel joke! No way to do enough work before and after a week off if you were to take it, due to inflexible requirements and no one wants to burden other nurses with extra work- they are drowning also.

Advice to Management

Take better care of the people trying so hard to improve patient lives. We need to be able to do our jobs in a normal work week, and need time off occasionally to rewind. Please appreciate how hard we work, and please reward us for our efforts!

Evolent Health2019-09-08

"Ditch Valence Culture and Cronyism"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Arlington, VA

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible work from home arrangements. Unlimited PTO. Initially awesome company pre-Valence.

Cons

Rampant undisguised cronyism, racism and promotion of people with no leadership or management skills

Advice to Management

Go back to the original values pre Valence. Assess and promote capable people not based on who can BS or market themselves most. Client Analytics suffers from a chronic lack of leadership. Management of that dept has no spine to stand up to Sales Team which constantly sells products EVH have no capacity to service. There is a constant pressure for employees to come up with ridiculous stopgap reports or tools to fill the gap that Sales team would have written into contracts. Client Analytics team is the catchall where IT, Platform Solutions, Clinical Informatics and Partner Deliver can say No, all the grunt work is then happily passed to CA whose management in turn, forces Analysts to build manual workarounds and be accountable for subject areas most of which are far from the Analyst's capabilities. I know several people who are on the verge of mental breakdowns because of being overworked. No backfill of positions or reduction in scope given massive layoffs. They just dump the work of the laid off people on the remaining people. HR pays lip service to racial inequality. Look at the people who are retained, promoted and given 'new' opportunities in Client Analytics. There is a pattern leaning towards one demographic and HR claims to be aware of this. At my exit interview, I was not shocked to hear that the issues I was raising were not new and that several people had raised them before me. HR person further told me that Client Analytics has an alarmingly high attrition rate and they were taking steps to look into it. Valence culture of arrogance, abrasiveness, superiority and not valuing employees has taken over. Client Analytics needs a leadership reset. I was not part of the layoffs, I resigned and took my skills and sanity with me.

Evolent Health2019-07-21

"Billion dollar startup"

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited PTO, work from home options, competitive 401(k) (if it gets funded), C-level leadership seems transparent and accountable

Cons

This place grew so fast they never bothered to put processes in place. It's unreal how much everything is held together with rubber bands and super glue - you'd expect from a startup but not a "industry leader." Faux leadership, no idea how these people got promoted. Cut benefits and bonuses even when they tell you to your face you're a "star performer."

Advice to Management

Stop operating like two (more?) separate companies. You literally still have Valence IT and two data warehouses. Process and structure are needed but nobody has the time to spend on developing it. You will not retain any employees you want to keep when you keep slashing benefits after they break their backs for you.

Evolent Health2019-03-14
  10. "Product Owner"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Pune

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work Timings Work from home facility is available Amazing management and leadership Benifits are good, and company culture and people are friendly and approachable

Cons

There are no cons which I have observed

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it's going good.

Evolent Health2019-04-24