European Investment Bank Reviews

Updated 6 Aug 2020

3.5
European Investment Bank President Dr. Werner Hoyer (no image)
Dr. Werner Hoyer
  1. "Team assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg

I worked at European Investment Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a wonderful team. Good environment.

Cons

Some departments are not very helpful in some under pressure situations.

July 16, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to see that you had a positive experience whilst at the EIB and hope that you will consider working for us again.

"OKAY PLACE"

Current Employee - Operations in Luxembourg

I have been working at European Investment Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

IF you are EIB agent then you have pros - however there is a great work life balance and good atmosphere

Cons

1- too much people working there and dont care a thing about the bank ( some only care are about the benefits they receive. 2. Some HOD hire individuals and even if they dont perform they still keep them and they receive salary making it difficult for others to work with them. This problem is so because the hiring process is so heavy and tedious. 3. Some individuals have been doing the same job for 10+ years and have no motivation whatsoever - just waiting to retire 4. Not forgetting the fact that if you are external ( interim,consultant ) - You will be treated differently and there is no shame in the game with it - they will make you see that you are not ''staff'' 5. Some indiviuals sit all day and do nothing .

Continue reading

June 22, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your feedback, which is valuable to us. It is regrettable that you feel, or have perhaps experienced, differences between the treatment of EIB staff and other employees. This is certainly not something that we should tolerate and there are a number of areas in the Bank where no differentiation is made. We are aware that some managers struggle to have difficult conversations, and are addressing this through some targeted training precisely on that topic. We hope, therefore, that the situation will improve.

"Great place to work"

I worked at European Investment Bank

Pros

flexibility, high salary, great building

Cons

The city of Luxembourg, no things to do

June 22, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your positive feedback on the EIB. It is surprising that you say there is nothing to do in Luxembourg as it is a city and country which offers a number of outdoor activities as well as concerts, theatre plays, cinemas, and a high number of restaurants and bars. In the summer, certainly, the city comes alive with a whole programme of activities both during the day and in the evenings.

4. "Loan officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Luxembourg

I have been working at European Investment Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, interesting, environment

Cons

Bureocracy, politics, job insecurity depending on EU politics

June 22, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your comments. As I am not clear on what is meant by "job insecurity depending on EU politics" it is difficult for me to address this point. It is encouraging, though to note that generally you are having a positive experience at the EIB.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Luxembourg

I have been working at European Investment Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, good benefits and remuneration, management depending on the team but overall good.

Cons

Bureaucratic, heavy procedures and approval processes, slow career progression.

June 22, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your generally positive view of the Bank and your recommendation. Indeed, career progression at the EIB is not as fast as in private companies, but we do try to offer interesting work and new challenging opportunities to shine for those who wish to take them. At the EIB we focus more on career development than pure progression, so often colleagues move laterally to other areas of the Bank to broaden their skills and knowledge.

"Head of Unit Restructuring"

Current Employee - Head of Unit Restructring Project Finance in Luxembourg

I have been working at European Investment Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good work atmosphere, multicultural environment, solid institution that supports jobs, infrastructure and innovation in Europe, busy workload that never allows us to be bored

Cons

Too competitive at times, requiring too much overtime including over weekends and holidays, not sufficient staff to accommodate the workload

Continue reading

June 25, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your comments and feedback, which we are happy to see is generally positive. As you are aware, the EIB has been hiring a large number of new colleagues over the last several years, which we hope is helping with the workload, whilst at the same time, responding to the challenges Europe is facing and the desire of the European Commission and Parliament for the Bank to play an increasingly important role in the financing of world-wide initiatives.

7. "Risk Management"

I have been working at European Investment Bank

Pros

Great work-place; nice colleagues; good salarys

Cons

Luxembourg; burocracy; The wether is terrible

April 5, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. Unfortunately it is not within our powers to change the weather in Luxembourg, but we are working on improving our processes and reducing bureaucracy.

8. "One of the best employer in Europe"

I worked at European Investment Bank full-time

Pros

International environment - many social advantages

Cons

small country but very active

February 19, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are delighted to see that you had a positive experience whilst at the EIB.

"Sourcing and Contract Manager"

Current Employee - Contract and Sourcing Manager in Luxembourg

I have been working at European Investment Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, salary, international, mission, working environment

Cons

extra working hours, stress, under-resourcing, little career advancement,

January 8, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to see that they are generally positive, but note that there are some areas for improvement. The Bank has been growing rapidly in the past few years, with primary focus on the operational areas, we hope that resources in the more "support" functions will be able addressed soon. With regards to career advancement, you may wish to discuss this with your Manager and/or Business Partner to ensure you are aware of all the different options, including internal mobility should you wish to consider that.

"Trainee in Operations"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Luxembourg

I worked at European Investment Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on-the-job training in terms of financial and credit analysis, participation in collaboration process among different departments, large-scale projects and interesting on-the-field missions. Opportunity to be counselled by experienced colleagues, who are in majority very friendly and helpful and assign some tasks at your own responsibility if you show professionalism and competence.

Cons

Very complicated to get a normal contract after a traineeship, because you do not have required years of experience (min 3y) for a normal position and consultancy contracts are subject to budget availability and willingness of the Head of Division/ Department to keep you.

January 17, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share your views and your experience at the EIB, which we are glad to see was positive. Indeed, our trainee programmes generally do not lead to immediate further employment, however we do hope that a positive traineeship will lead to interns applying to positions in the future when they have gained a bit more experience in other organisations/companies. Trainees can apply to GRAD positions as and when they arise, if they do not yet have the 3 years of experience.

Found 95 reviews