Find jobs for Loan Officer

European Investment Bank Loan Officer Reviews

Updated 4 Jun 2018

4.0
European Investment Bank President Dr. Werner Hoyer (no image)
Dr. Werner Hoyer
0 Rating
  1. "Loan officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Luxembourg

I have been working at European Investment Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, interesting, environment

Cons

Bureocracy, politics, job insecurity depending on EU politics

June 22, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your comments. As I am not clear on what is meant by "job insecurity depending on EU politics" it is difficult for me to address this point. It is encouraging, though to note that generally you are having a positive experience at the EIB.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Luxembourg

I have been working at European Investment Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work/life balance, good benefits and remuneration, management depending on the team but overall good.

Cons

Bureaucratic, heavy procedures and approval processes, slow career progression.

June 22, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

Thank you for your generally positive view of the Bank and your recommendation. Indeed, career progression at the EIB is not as fast as in private companies, but we do try to offer interesting work and new challenging opportunities to shine for those who wish to take them. At the EIB we focus more on career development than pure progression, so often colleagues move laterally to other areas of the Bank to broaden their skills and knowledge.

"Trainee in Operations"

5.0
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Luxembourg

I worked at European Investment Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on-the-job training in terms of financial and credit analysis, participation in collaboration process among different departments, large-scale projects and interesting on-the-field missions. Opportunity to be counselled by experienced colleagues, who are in majority very friendly and helpful and assign some tasks at your own responsibility if you show professionalism and competence.

Cons

Very complicated to get a normal contract after a traineeship, because you do not have required years of experience (min 3y) for a normal position and consultancy contracts are subject to budget availability and willingness of the Head of Division/ Department to keep you.

January 17, 2018Senior Employer Branding, Diversity & Outreach Officer

We appreciate you taking the time to share your views and your experience at the EIB, which we are glad to see was positive. Indeed, our trainee programmes generally do not lead to immediate further employment, however we do hope that a positive traineeship will lead to interns applying to positions in the future when they have gained a bit more experience in other organisations/companies. Trainees can apply to GRAD positions as and when they arise, if they do not yet have the 3 years of experience.

"A solid workplace but not for movers and shakers"

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Luxembourg

I worked at European Investment Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great in terms of resources available for staff and for work life balance, opportunities to work in different parts of the EU and beyond. A big community feel.

Cons

Bureaucracy can be quite a shock for those coming from the private sector, bureaucracy rather than meritocracy, processes are heavy and central to get anything done.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews