Envysion, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Envysion, Inc. Reviews

Updated Feb 5, 2019

2.5
Envysion, Inc. CEO Calvin Quan (no image)
Calvin Quan
Pros
  • "Envysion is a wonderful, warm place to work(in 6 reviews)

• "A stocked kitchen and beer fridge are nice perks on a busy day(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management has no interest in constructive criticism(in 5 reviews)

• "Envysion Install hardware or not(in 5 reviews)

"Envysion feels like family"

Current Employee - Marketing Events Manager in Superior, CO

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Envysion is a wonderful, warm place to work. The people here are kind, understanding and intelligent. I love coming to work, and the free food and beer doesn't hurt. ;) I've been working for over 20 years and have been at over 5 companies in the area in that time. Envysion is right there at the top.

Cons

Pets are not allowed, unless they're service pets.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We're succeeding, growing and expanding our base, all while having fun.

Envysion, Inc.2019-02-05

"It takes time to get things right"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Welcoming and laid-back atmosphere Individual input or suggestions are taken into consideration Flexible scheduling when applicable Opportunities for advancement or movement within the company when possible Employees are valued, and the benefits are phenomenal.

Cons

Turnover can be a problem, especially in the support departments. Interdepartmental communication needs improvement. "Too many cooks in the kitchen" at times (or "too many hands in the cookie jar") Work delegation from other departments is not uncommon. Training could be better but it has come a long way over the past year. Daily-use tools (primarily CRM) need to be improved or changed (though this has been... acknowledged by Senior Management, it seems to be long overdue)

Advice to Management

You are all rockstars, and many of us see the hard work and drive you bring while building a well oiled machine of a department (although the gears fall off from time-to-time, you handle those situations with poise and confidence that many former employees would refuse to acknowledge). Building up a department isn't easy when the company around you grows larger week by week, just don't let that interrupt your focus... and determination to make the day-to-day work easier. “Good management is the art of making problems so interesting and their solutions so constructive that everyone wants to get to work and deal with them.” – Paul Hawken (Environmentalist, Author)

Envysion, Inc.2018-12-29

"Best Place I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Superior, CO

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is flexible, intelligent and agile.

Cons

Young company, growing fast in a growing market.

Envysion, Inc.2018-11-15

"The People"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

A lot has changed at Envysion over the last couple of years, what I can say is there are some really great people that want to be here and work hard. There is an opportunity to move the company in the right direction.

Cons

The focus is largely on the bottom line. There has been a fair amount of turnover because there hasn't been much focus on employee experience and making sure things are being done right.

Advice to Management

There's a lot of opportunity if management becomes more involved with their employees', engaging in their success, and listening to them. You have great people that want to be here, engage with them.

Envysion, Inc.2018-10-14

"Don't be fooled!"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people were cool to work with

Cons

Terrible executive management. High Turnover rates. So many lies and lack of motivation.

Advice to Management

This is not a "young" company. This is not a startup. They've been in business long enough to have it together but all they are concerned with is executive egos.

Envysion, Inc.2018-11-16

"A company that is staring down the abyss of failure"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Superior, CO

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some people who genuinely care about the success of the company. They care how others perceive the quality of their work, and they work hard to support their colleagues. But these people are in short supply now, and it’s getting worse (fast).

Cons

The people who can turn the company around are either no longer there, or are so deflated that just the thought of the undertaking seems impossible. Executive (so called) “leadership” is in a state of chronic cognitive dissonance and they make working painful for everyone across all functions. They are unapologetic gatekeepers who guard information as a source of power. They lack personal accountability and... are masters at shifting blame to others. They take credit for other’s people work, but will be the first to throw someone under the bus to release their liability. Many people (especially some of the executives) work too remotely…it makes it hard to get anything done. It’s a culture of constant meetings. Unfortunately, it’s rare for any plans of action to come out of these meetings. This leads to a significant lack of accountability (another chronic problem). I don’t see this changing.

Advice to Management

Minimize the collateral damage caused by your lack of leadership.

Envysion, Inc.2018-10-20

"Needed Service"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great product that is needed in the industry, most departments have flexible work schedules, exceptional people work here!

Cons

Recent turnover should be watched.

Envysion, Inc.2018-09-17

"Heartless"

Former Employee - Lead Deployment Manager in Superior, CO

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people on my team were awesome to work with.

Cons

I'd like to start by saying that I turned down a separation agreement in order to be able to write this review. Hush money to keep people from writing negative reviews. It even specifically calls out Glassdoor. I turned down real dollars in order to be able to write this review and inform any potential employees of what Envysion is willing to do to its employees. I was laid off from Envysion. That in and of... itself can be expected, but I was laid off 3 weeks before I was due to have a child. Envysion knew this. I made my FMLA protected leave request months in advance. I even followed up with the new HR team since the entire old HR team quit. When laid off from Envysion, health benefits end at the end of the month you are terminated. My child was due 5 days after my benefits ended. Fortunately there is COBRA. Unfortunately, COBRA takes 6-8 weeks to take effect. It is retroactive, but in the meantime I now have an atrocious hospital bill, prescriptions are not being filled because they don't think I have insurance, I have doctor's appointments for my newborn that I am now having to pay for in full up front because it shows I don't have insurance. Thousands upon thousands of dollars needing to be spent out of pocket to ensure the latest addition to my family stays healthy. All this in addition to the mortgage, utilities, and food that needs to be put on the table. This is what Envysion is willing to do to one of its employees. My personal opinion is that if they are willing to do what they did to me, they genuinely do not care about any employee. Despite the claims of work life balance, "culture", and saying they care about employees because they have a beer fridge, their actions show quite clearly that is not the case. The corporation mentality in which employees are numbers is abundantly clear. In a company with less than 200 people. I'll also mention the cash flow problems, the horrendous politics, the sexual harassment allegations that don't get addressed, the sudden lack of communication by upper management, the astounding lack of understanding by the leadership team of how the product works are all red flags as well. Please think long and hard about working for this company before you do.

Advice to Management

Please start understanding that your employees are people and have some compassion first and foremost. The rest can fall into place.

Envysion, Inc.2018-10-11

"Good intentions - an overwhelming lack of execution"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

A number of colleagues were great to work with.

Cons

A number of colleagues were horrible to work with and the broader vision of the company - which mainly stemmed from leadership - lacked significantly.

Advice to Management

The board needs to refresh the day-to-day leadership.

Envysion, Inc.2018-09-26

"Sinking Ship"

I worked at Envysion, Inc. full-time

Pros

I'm at a loss....I would say the people, but the people who really care about doing the right thing for the company and its customers have left or are leaving.

Cons

First off— let me start by saying if you’re looking for a company that will respect you as a human—Envysion is not that company. The Executive team runs this place with their own selfish, ego-driven agenda: they don't respect anyone below the VP/Sr. Director level. The turnover is extraordinarily high for a reason— they burn people out, run people out, or push people out (recent events include the entire HR and... Marketing teams quitting). The new HR team is not interested in protecting the people— they are just a tool for the executive team. Morale is incredibly low and palpable. There is no long-term strategy there: it changes with each calendar month. The CEO doesn’t appear interested in the long-term health of the company— he’s only interested in his legacy and having a quarterly story to tell the board. This place is truly toxic. There is no changing it, unless, of course, the entire executive team is replaced.

Advice to Management

It's not them, it's you: stop pointing fingers and take a good long look in the mirror.

Envysion, Inc.2018-09-21