Enterprise Employee Reviews about "customer service"

Updated 24 Jun 2020

3.6
Enterprise CEO Chrissy Taylor
Chrissy Taylor
Pros
Cons
  • "Could occasionally be long hours(in 3605 reviews)

• "Exposition to the elements while washing cars(in 764 reviews)

Reviews about "customer service"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working for Enterprise on the 11th of November and I have never been happier in a job. If you are looking for a 9-5 where you can clock in and out then you are looking at the wrong company. If you are looking to begin a career with a global company, then Enterprise could be the place for you. Joining Enterprise, specifically joining the Enterprise team at Dublin Airport, I feel I'm embarking on a career path where when you put in the work it is rewarded, praised and noted, which from my experience is rare. Yes, the hours can be long, yes they expect you to put in extra work, but if you realise that by doing these things you're fast tracking yourself to promotion, who can complain? I feel very supported in the jobs I carry out and I'm given freedom and trusted to do them, if I have an issue there is always a friendly face to help out and consistent training and development. I can't speak for all Enterprise branches, but the Dublin Airport Branch has a fantastic management team. If you show an interest in the job and an interest in progressing your Enterprise career there are so many people willing to help you and support you. I have had managers offer and follow through on staying after hours to help me work on projects and my development. They are patient and kind and it's refreshing to work with a management team and company that cares deeply about their employees development and job satisfaction. Another thing that I love about Enterprise is how much they care about their customers satisfaction with the service they provide. If customer service is something you like, then Enterprise is the right place for you. They make it clear from day one that every person impacts customer service and great customer service is rewarded from a team point of view as well as individually. I love working for a company that cares more about customer service than sales and that is evident from the highest management down. There was one evening where I saw the Area Manager himself get in to a car and drive customers to their hotel, it's a team effort and no one is too good or too high up to help out. So yes the hours can be long, but it's always an interesting day with great people and customers. I have days where I laugh until I cry, days where I get to meet people from all sorts of backgrounds, days where I work hard, but it's all rewarding. You really do get back what you put in. From a social point of view, there are team nights out and activities as well as branch outings, which are always good fun. The airport hours change around a lot, and you may have to work some weekends. If that's not something that interests you then there are home city branches which predominately operate Monday to Friday. I'm up and about a lot when at work, which is something I really like, the days absolutely fly by when you're moving around and sitting behind a desk all day has never interested me. In sum, if you are looking for a career and not a job then I urge you to apply. If you don't want put in the work for all the many opportunities and rewards this company has to offer, then you will find the work draining and pointless. It really all comes down to you.

Cons

The interview process seems long and drawn out, but I assure you it is not as daunting as you may think and it's worth it. During the assessment phase of the interview process you'll meet some of the Enterprise Team and really get a feel for the company. When I was at the assessment interview I found everyone to be friendly and happy to answer any questions, something that has been consistent with anyone I've met within the company.

2. "Long Hours, Low Pay, & Bad Management"

Current Intern - Intern in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Enterprise for less than a year

Pros

-Some good people, I have made good friends. -In an airport location you will interact with people from many cultures. -If your willing to make Enterprise your life you can progress quickly in the company.

Cons

-Long hours - 10 hour shifts, 50 hour weeks minimum. -Pay is basic at best. -Shifts often changed the day before but you're still expected to be there on time, even if it means you have less than the legal 11 hour rest period between shifts. -Vouchers/nights out are promised to motivate staff but often these promises aren't followed through. -Internship advertisements are misleading, no experience given in marketing, operations, finance and the experience gained in sales and customer service has been very basic. -Understaffed, which means any staff that do stay end up extremely overworked.

3. "Management Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Enterprise

Pros

Strong relationships among employees and a company culture that rewards employees who maintain a high level of customer service.

Cons

There are no real negatives I have yet to currently cone across with Enterprise. It is constantly busy so this may be a con for certain people but not those with a good work ethic.

4. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Cork

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture within Enterprise is mainly based around customer service & employee development which is fantastic. This means that us as employees are given constant training to develop our skills to become managers. Promotion internally is a major part of the culture so developing employees is essential to become the best you can be. The top people in this company have come from the management programme which shows that this programmme is dedicated to progression.

Cons

Long days but this essential to growth

5. "Why you need to work for Enterprise!"

Current Intern - Management Trainee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise for less than a year

Pros

There are a number of reasons to work for enterprise. It is renowned for its hands off internship approach allowing the individual to grow and thus shaping them to be able to successfully manage the business. Everyone you meet is helpful and everyone understands because in enterprise every single person started out in the company as an intern or an MT. There are only in-house promotions making it possible to be your own boss in as little as two years! You can develop sales skills, customer service, management and many more. There are lots of bonuses that are easily achievable aswell as free work nights out regularly.

Cons

The only downside of enterprise from my perspective is if you work in Shannon airport or Dublin airport you will be subject to work shift work. This does not suit everybody but I understand if it would deter people from applying. However this problem can be easily solved as you can work in Home city locations which don’t require employees to work shift work.

6. "Over worked, under appreciated."

Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Independence to make decisions. Management training in action on the job. You do learn a lot about managing customers and staff. Good team atmosphere in branches, all shoulders to the wheel etc.

Cons

OTT expectations working 12 hour days to collect cars. As a manager the hours are really 07:30AM - 6.30/7PM. In the motor trade, when every other business is finishing early on a Friday evening, you are at your busiest trying to collect cars everywhere for weekend rentals and Monday madness. Branch managers hardly ever get a full lunch break or are eating on the road. Underpaid - you are paid only a little more than a trainee yet you get all the blame. Head office management keep moving goal posts on bonuses. Never adequate staff. You have too many cars or not enough. No time to do marketing. Head office and area managers never consult staff. Awful culture they impose - no answers or solutions to recurring issues. They won't accept reality as to why so many leave company. Poor staff morale affects customer service/ sales but senior management don't engage. Company could be excellent but they hire and loose talented people to better companies. After a few years, you are exhausted mentally and emotionally and you stop making excuses and leave. My advice to trainees, stick it for 6 months unless you really love it and are getting promoted.

7. "Life at Enterprise!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Kilkenny

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced working environment where "team work rules" - and that generally is a valid and fair point. Huge opportunities to progress in various different sectors within Enterprise after about a year working at a branch level. If you enjoy working with customers and a challenging job that has you on your feet actively thinking and planning ahead, it's a good fit!

Cons

Work life balance is difficult to achieve as the days are long and it's a fast paced job so tiring at times. You work hard to achieve a quality service for customers - ensuring people get what they need and when they need, often at last minute! But customer service is the culture and many branches reward the hard work and time employees put in.

Continue reading
  8. "Management Trainee Program review"

Management Trainee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise

Pros

Tough training, on a daily basis it is a challenge against yourself.. The training help you to face real challenges of the business world at different scale. Lot of opportunities to progress within the business. The skills that the program convey are oriented through sales, customer service, project management, management and General business. It is a great training, the company's values and business ethic rules are great and set the foundation of an healthy company. The program really helps to observe close to the decisional board how to run a business and how to decisions are made.

Cons

On a daily basis, the program can seem repetitive. Long hours and shift being work and overtime can makes it difficult to have a life beside work. The roaster are sometimes done two weeks ahead. Combine personal life and work is very difficult. Concerning the Airports locations, the teams are bigger than in the home cities. The environment among employee in Airport is hyper competitive, and hard work is not recognized sometimes as much as sales. That can create frustration or unethical behavior that would break the trust among employees.

Continue reading
  9. "Graduate Management Trainee Ireland"

Former Trainee - Anonymous Trainee

I worked at Enterprise

Pros

Lots of training in customer service and the company back ground. Free lunch at training days. Lots of promises made about climbing the ladder to management success.

Cons

Long shifts, lengthy unnecessary interview process. Not sure about other branches, but branch worked at had a bad atmosphere, some unhelpful coworkers including manager. Felt belittled on several occasions by manager. Was put in dangerous situation by branch manager in a rental vehicle where behaviour included driving at high speeds down unsafe roads and use of mobile phone while driving. While driving rental car following manager, was encouraged to speed up to keep up while driving country roads, even though doing so could result in an accident or prosecution for reckless driving. Own licence put at risk to keep management happy. Lasted 3 weeks before walking out.

Continue reading

"Fantastic opportunities to learn - beware of burnout"

4.0