Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4,550 Ratings
  1. "Accounting Coordinator"

Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Career Progression, Recognition, Hard work is rewarded

Cons

need to relocate to progress faster

Advice to Management

Admin employees should spend more time out in the field

Enterprise2019-07-01
  2. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always busy and on your feet, I like that. mostly good coworkers

Cons

8-6 turns out to be 7.45 - 7 or 8 pm Selling coverage for cars is not always the nicest sale. People had no idea they were not covered in the car and you have to go for hard sells. Its like telling someone when they bring a product to the desk that there will be an extra charge for insurance right now. Many of the managers have huge egos and its hard to listen to them. There is an issue where the car cleaners... are treated very badly because they dont speak English.

Advice to Management

Make it clearer for customers to know whether they are covered or not. Treat employees with more respect.

Enterprise2019-11-18
  3. "MAnagment trainee"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Varied routines on a daily basis

Cons

Slow progression and recognition of work

Enterprise2019-11-14
  4. "Proof that there is fast progression"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dún Laoghaire

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Enterprise only 11 months ago, and within 10 months I was promoted to Assistant Manager. From the get-go Enterprise is very clear about how quick one can progress in this fantastic company and I can 110% attest to this. There are amazing rewards and benefits that come from working with this company; whether you are a Management Trainee or further up the career ladder. The career opportunities are endless,... both in Ireland and globally. The support from every level of management is unmatched. They foster determination and encourage you to take your career in your hands. The initial Interview stage is clear about what to expect from Enterprise and what they expect from you. If you are looking to pursue a career in management and learn how to successfully run your own business, I cannot recommend Enterprise enough!

Cons

Genuinely unable to find any faults with this company or my job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. Management is unparalleled in supporting me in achieving my goals as well as cultivating a 'fun and friendly place to work'.

Enterprise2019-10-23
  5. "Management Trainee Enterprise"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Waterford

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very clear and fast career progression. Very well rounded experience in regards to business management with lots of transferable skills being practiced on a daily basis.

Cons

The standard working day is 8-6 which is longer than most companies however this is very transparently outlined to you throughout the hiring process from the very beginning so it is not a con. The day flies as you are working in a very diverse environment and will be driving to different locations quite often.

Enterprise2019-09-23
  6. "Graduate Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Graduate Management Trainee in Swords

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company to work for with a clear path to progression and incredible work life balance Incredible management throughout with a route to gain knowledge and experience in any role

Cons

No real cons with the company

7. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each day is different so its exciting to see what you are doing each day. The staff are great too!

Cons

Hours are long but with the job being exciting the days fly by!

Advice to Management

Could not fault management

Enterprise2019-09-23

"Talks the talk but that is all"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Beneficial training program that is well laid out. Large international company so carries some weight. Biggest pro was the company name held a lot of weight on my CV to get me out of their and into my current role. When I was there pension contribution was good along with health insurance. I stance was from day one but pension was 2 years from your start date.

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, bad bonus scheme, insurance is no longer from day one. Too many young ambitious staff all vying for very few higher jobs. Out of my class of 6 who were hired at the same time only 2 of us stayed more than a year and a half. They promised to give you the tolls to do the job but really followed through. Too many people in higher places not prepared to get stuck in and dig out. All branches are... managed almost as franchises and a lot of the time attitude was every branch for themselves so a lot of trying to get one up on another and pass along damaged cars and vans that would negatively impact on the other location. This wasted a lot of time for both locations as they fought over the issue. In general a very negative company to work for.

Advice to Management

Don't promise the world and career progression to all new hires as naturally as you go up the chain the no of jobs or opportunities narrow and too many talented people jump ship after availing of a very comprehensive internship.

Enterprise2019-10-25
  9. "Avoid"

Former Employee - Management Trainee
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely none, I honestly couldn't think of one.

Cons

You are promised career progression, only if you push and sell products many customers don't want to take and are considered the problem if customers don't buy. And the only people who benefit from your hard earned sales are those above you. You still take home a smaller pay pack at the end of each month. You have no life, be prepared to work 45+ hour weeks while being promised time in lieu for OT (never happens).... Worked ten days in a row, no rest within my first week, common place for many staff to work 14 days with no rest. like hard work is mentioned throughout the process, but this is straight up abusing staff. You are fired into the deep end, at peak busy periods and offered very little support, when you ask you are made feel like a complete nuisance. Salary is extremely poor for the amount of work. No commission, or incentive to sell, days out are advertised but many would prefer cash incentive. Nobody knows what they are doing and spend most of their time stressed which creates a negative customer experience. Most systems are painfully outdated and the tablets don't work a large amount of the time, which means having to re-do tasks several times.

Advice to Management

Sort the company out, renting cars shouldn't be so stressful or complicated. The whole system needs to be reviewed and changed from the literal processes, to the IT systems. Create healthier work-life balance.

Enterprise2019-10-15
  10. "Great company to work for"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Get a discount on any car

Cons

Long hours with a long commute

Enterprise2019-09-04