Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
3,994 Ratings

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Dream Job"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since joining Enterprise Rent A Car, over 2 years ago, I have developed so much. This is not just an ordinary tedious job. It is dynamic and constantly moving at a fast pace, where you are part of a team, and everyone is completely approachable. Career progression depends on you how fast or slow that you want and everyday s always different

Cons

yes you don't start on a large salary straight away, however with time and work that can change

2. "Management Trainee"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Very inspiring to work hard, fast pace growth, reward hard work, great team to work with.

Cons

long hours sometimes, a lot to learn on your own.

3. "Managment Trainee"

Current Employee - Graduate Trainee Manager in Athlone
    Current Employee - Graduate Trainee Manager in Athlone

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice friendly, inclusive working environment.
    The ability to progress quickly and to take on more responsibility.
    Mixture of working in a busy office environment and driving as well as dealing with accounts.
    Lots of goal incentives to employees interested in work.

Cons

The working hour can be long sometimes.

Advice to Management

Management are generally very good and are ways extremely helpful.

4. "Management trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Galway
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Galway

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Why I like working for enterprise is I feel like my managerial skills are developing in a company that I had the opportunity to learn about before starting my job position . One aspect of graduating that scared me was what if I did not know how to do the work I was instructed to do or what if I could not do tasks right because I did not know the procedure of how the company carried out tasks. Enterprise allows you to start small and finish big in a short period of time! You learn about how the business is ran, how different tasks are carried out and how to overcome difficult tasks all in your first 8 months. The work is also broke up in a way that you won’t be always stuck in an office which is a major pro in any business! The Interview process is spread out in 3 stages but each stage has its own advantage. It allows you to get a feel of what working for Enterprise consists of, who you will be working with and what the business has to offer you. It also allows you to meet the whole Enterprise family! You are never alone when seeking help or dealing with difficult situations, their is always someone willing to help. My favourite aspect of my job is how quickly I can progress into a higher position all at my own pace and that I can also travel as part of my transition of job position. Enterprise value their staff and allow you to enjoy your position as well as work hard!

Cons

The job does involve a lot of driving which is tiring but it does make the days faster.

5. "Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Enterprise for almost 6 years. In that time I have worked in five different roles in four different locations. And it won't stop there we are always striving for the next role the next promotion and where that will be can be anywhere.
    Enterprise gives you the tools and it's up to you to take full advantage of that and you will succeed.

Cons

Our people are on a path to becoming the future leaders of our business and as such this requires hard work and determination but as we say 'we work hard and we reward hard work'

Advice to Management

Continue to put our people and customers first.

6. "The World is your Oyster !"

Current Employee - Business Rental Sales Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Business Rental Sales Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get be part of a truly global organization with unlimited opportunities across multiple disciplines. Enterprise is just one of the brands associated with Enterprise Holdings and with a workforce of circa 100,000 people and 90% internal promotions then your career can really take you anywhere, I personally have held seven different roles in four different locations ! Remuneration is largely performance based so you have exceptional earning potential relative to similar time spans in alternative companies. Lastly but most importantly Enterprise is a great place to work, a diverse working environment and has a great ethical culture where everyone's opinion counts.

Cons

If you want to call it a con then the 'work hard and reward hard' culture within Enterprise but this is also a huge opportunity who those who are really career focused and truly want progression.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to both our people and our customers and everything else will follow ...

7. "Challenging but rewarding"

Current Employee - Talent Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Talent Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with ERAC for more than 10 years, before which I had several different jobs, lasting at best a couple of years. The difference I found with Enterprise is that I could change role within the same company when I needed a new challenge.

Cons

Long hours but the variety in the role makes the days and weeks go fast.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees and customers and you can't go wrong!

8. "There is no ceiling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great career progression options with a number of different areas of the business which employees can move into. Very flat management structure with senior management having an open door policy. Great holiday and benefit package

Cons

Can sometimes be long days but rewards out weigh the cons

Advice to Management

Keep it up

9. "Why I work at Enterprise rent a Car ?"

Current Employee - Head of Business Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Head of Business Development in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Enterprise rent a Car has provided me with incredible opportunities across the entire global business. I have been in this industry for almost 20 years and during this time I have worked in Ireland, the UK and the USA. The founding values of the business continue to be practiced every day, looking after employees who in turn look after our customers. A structured training programme with opportunities to move across various disciplines is a critical part of any business and this programme within Enterprise rent a Car Ireland is as good as it gets.

Cons

Long working hours, however the benefits associated with the commitment to the work far outweigh this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Great place to work with excellent opportunities for progression"

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Enterprise offers a dynamic work environment, great progressional opportunities, friendly staff with a ethos around team work. Flexible approach to working to ensure work life balance. Fantastic training program were you learn to run your own business, and helps set you up work in various roles within the organisation both in Ireland and globally.

Cons

Hours can be long but the hard work pays off