Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 4 Apr 2020

3.6
Enterprise CEO Chrissy Taylor
Chrissy Taylor
Pros
  • "They make it clear from day one that every person impacts customer service and great(in 794 reviews)

• "Good manager, great people to work with(in 680 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours is the biggest complaint(in 3464 reviews)

• "Exposition to the elements while washing cars(in 745 reviews)

1. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started working for Enterprise on the 11th of November and I have never been happier in a job. If you are looking for a 9-5 where you can clock in and out then you are looking at the wrong company. If you are looking to begin a career with a global company, then Enterprise could be the place for you. Joining Enterprise, specifically joining the Enterprise team at Dublin Airport, I feel I'm embarking on a career path where when you put in the work it is rewarded, praised and noted, which from my experience is rare. Yes, the hours can be long, yes they expect you to put in extra work, but if you realise that by doing these things you're fast tracking yourself to promotion, who can complain? I feel very supported in the jobs I carry out and I'm given freedom and trusted to do them, if I have an issue there is always a friendly face to help out and consistent training and development. I can't speak for all Enterprise branches, but the Dublin Airport Branch has a fantastic management team. If you show an interest in the job and an interest in progressing your Enterprise career there are so many people willing to help you and support you. I have had managers offer and follow through on staying after hours to help me work on projects and my development. They are patient and kind and it's refreshing to work with a management team and company that cares deeply about their employees development and job satisfaction. Another thing that I love about Enterprise is how much they care about their customers satisfaction with the service they provide. If customer service is something you like, then Enterprise is the right place for you. They make it clear from day one that every person impacts customer service and great customer service is rewarded from a team point of view as well as individually. I love working for a company that cares more about customer service than sales and that is evident from the highest management down. There was one evening where I saw the Area Manager himself get in to a car and drive customers to their hotel, it's a team effort and no one is too good or too high up to help out. So yes the hours can be long, but it's always an interesting day with great people and customers. I have days where I laugh until I cry, days where I get to meet people from all sorts of backgrounds, days where I work hard, but it's all rewarding. You really do get back what you put in. From a social point of view, there are team nights out and activities as well as branch outings, which are always good fun. The airport hours change around a lot, and you may have to work some weekends. If that's not something that interests you then there are home city branches which predominately operate Monday to Friday. I'm up and about a lot when at work, which is something I really like, the days absolutely fly by when you're moving around and sitting behind a desk all day has never interested me. In sum, if you are looking for a career and not a job then I urge you to apply. If you don't want put in the work for all the many opportunities and rewards this company has to offer, then you will find the work draining and pointless. It really all comes down to you.

Cons

The interview process seems long and drawn out, but I assure you it is not as daunting as you may think and it's worth it. During the assessment phase of the interview process you'll meet some of the Enterprise Team and really get a feel for the company. When I was at the assessment interview I found everyone to be friendly and happy to answer any questions, something that has been consistent with anyone I've met within the company.

Enterprise2020-01-21
  2. "Management Trainee"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

On the job learning, responsibility from day one. Good pay.

Cons

LONG days. A lot of driving, low morale. Zero work life balance.

Enterprise2020-01-17
  3. "Enterprise Experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Fun and friendly place to work, high moral and good craic. Work hard and you are rewarded for your hard work through promotions or staff outings. Easy to talk to every level of management in Enterprise. Working with a young and enthusiastic workforce and then managinging them. Managers are easy to talk to with any queries.

Cons

No cons, any issues I had were fixed by managers in a timely manner.

Enterprise2019-12-19
  4. "Management trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Cork

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working in Enterprise is very exciting. Meeting new people and all kinds of people! Can’t complain about driving new cars too! Great career path within the company! Great training days and everyone is so kind and helpful

Cons

Airport hours are tough. First few weeks are daunting but it’s all worth it!!

Enterprise2019-12-18
  5. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always busy and on your feet, I like that. mostly good coworkers

Cons

8-6 turns out to be 7.45 - 7 or 8 pm Selling coverage for cars is not always the nicest sale. People had no idea they were not covered in the car and you have to go for hard sells. Its like telling someone when they bring a product to the desk that there will be an extra charge for insurance right now. Many of the managers have huge egos and its hard to listen to them. There is an issue where the car cleaners are treated very badly because they dont speak English.

Enterprise2019-11-18
  6. "MAnagment trainee"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Varied routines on a daily basis

Cons

Slow progression and recognition of work

Enterprise2019-11-14
  7. "Proof that there is fast progression"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dún Laoghaire

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Enterprise only 11 months ago, and within 10 months I was promoted to Assistant Manager. From the get-go Enterprise is very clear about how quick one can progress in this fantastic company and I can 110% attest to this. There are amazing rewards and benefits that come from working with this company; whether you are a Management Trainee or further up the career ladder. The career opportunities are endless, both in Ireland and globally. The support from every level of management is unmatched. They foster determination and encourage you to take your career in your hands. The initial Interview stage is clear about what to expect from Enterprise and what they expect from you. If you are looking to pursue a career in management and learn how to successfully run your own business, I cannot recommend Enterprise enough!

Cons

Genuinely unable to find any faults with this company or my job.

Enterprise2019-10-23
  8. "Management Trainee Enterprise"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Waterford

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very clear and fast career progression. Very well rounded experience in regards to business management with lots of transferable skills being practiced on a daily basis.

Cons

The standard working day is 8-6 which is longer than most companies however this is very transparently outlined to you throughout the hiring process from the very beginning so it is not a con. The day flies as you are working in a very diverse environment and will be driving to different locations quite often.

Enterprise2019-09-23
  9. "Graduate Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Graduate Management Trainee in Swords

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company to work for with a clear path to progression and incredible work life balance Incredible management throughout with a route to gain knowledge and experience in any role

Cons

No real cons with the company

10. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Limerick, Limerick

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Each day is different so its exciting to see what you are doing each day. The staff are great too!

Cons

Hours are long but with the job being exciting the days fly by!

Found 11959 reviews