Workday - Culture not as promoted | Glassdoor.ie

"Culture not as promoted"

Former Employee - Contractor, Employee Experience in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Staff events are amazing, HR dept that cares about employees, snack program good, free parking, lots of meeting room choice, good view from rooftop

Cons

Some questionable managers who don’t fit the culture Workday so heavily promote. I know it’s good to promote internally but sometimes they could look outside for new hires at management role. I found my manager was overally concerned with people’s title and promotion as opposed to leading the team. Perhaps because they had begun their career there at a lower level. I met other managers and was flabbergasted as to... how they passed the “culture interview”. My time at Workday was not a happy time down to my manager. The location was also terrible, lots of drug use around the building and staff getting mugged.

Advice to Management

Should someone be promoted, they should have to go through another culture interview by someone who doesn’t know them (perhaps even someone from US office).

Workday2018-03-18
  1. "Great for starting career"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance Great people

Cons

Management could be a bit more structured

Workday2019-12-14
  2. "Truly AMAZING place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has figured it out! Employee First mindset! Happy employees equal happy customers. Workday is focused on fostering a work environment that is fun, inspiring, supporting and celebrates each other in ways that build strong connected relationships. Strong focus on supporting and encouraging career development.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any Cons.

Workday2019-12-09

Discover more reviews about Workday.