Wag Hotels - A Good Job. Concerns About Longevity. | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "A Good Job. Concerns About Longevity."

Current Employee - Client Care Specialist in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Wag Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours. Casual work attire, but no leggings. :( Taking initiative is greatly rewarded/appreciated. Coworkers are really great. Managers really care about their staff. Very receptive to Clients complaints and compliments. Dynamic work environment (you're not doing the same exact thing daily). Employee care is important to Wag (often supply us with pizza or coffee on a difficult day) Hire/promote... internally. Opportunities for a raise.

Cons

High expectations & not enough time to meet expectations. Not enough hours for staff with plenty of work to do (borderline seasonal employment). False promises for a reward when meeting a goal. Concerns are not always addressed, unless they come from paying patrons. Social life suffers at the hands of your 24/7 work schedule.

Advice to Management

Helping with ALL 9 hotels we currently have, the main focus should be on CONSISTENCY and CONTINUITY between all 9. There are a lot of small exceptions for each location, making it difficult to train and to remember every idiosyncrasy. Client Care Dept often gets blamed for everything that goes wrong. To Clients/Owners, the people answering phones are "neither fit nor qualified" to answer questions and make bookings.... I don't feel like my advice for how the company could be better will ever be valued. They do value customer feedback, but for internal staff not so much. Makes you feel like your insight into the internal workings is not a concern. Wag Hotels DOES value their employees, but I feel there could be better communication, continuity, and general understanding of what an employee's day-to-day looks and feels like.

Wag Hotels2019-01-29

Other Employee Reviews

"Favorite Job"

Former Employee - ADP Shift Lead in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers Autonomy/Independence Ability to move up if show hard work Dogs and Cats Putting owners at ease their dog is well taken care of Learning about dogs/behavior/nutrition/training EVENTS Charlotte Amber and Nicole are amazing managers to work for, open, caring, empathetic, strong, stern, fair, friendly and fun! Awesome people to work for. GIRL POWER

Cons

turn over rate is high, some coworkers only complain and ruin morale.

Advice to Management

disregard all the flack and gossip and complaints. your employees have no idea how hard you guys are working behind the scenes, 24/7. I deeply admire the passion and dedication.

Wag Hotels2019-03-18
  2. "Ok"

Former Employee - Client Service Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wag Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

The dogs cats dogs dogs

Cons

Low pay for the amount of tasks you are expected to do, co workers complain and don’t work as a team , very understaffed so you will be doing 3 other ppls jobs for the same pay. High turn over rate so expect to train for the same pay too.

Advice to Management

Raise your wage then you might be able to keep employees

Wag Hotels2019-12-04

Discover more reviews about Wag Hotels.