- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Good place, face paced31 Jan 2023 - Corporate Support ServiceRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company knows where it is heading. Is growing so we are putting on people not laying off like Swyftx where 2 of my friends just got redundant. Here we get to take ownership of my work and people respond. Also the culture is bang on like Mint coffee bar and food.
The air conditioning is good inside but some days it is hot for the warehouse staff. They are troupersContinue reading
Other Employee Reviews
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Good learning opportunity31 Jan 2023 - Software DeveloperRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Good mentoring (gave me skills that I still use now at my current job when mentoring other developers) - Excellent tech stack - .NET/Typescript/React which is used widely in the industry - Well established development structure since the last year or so - have proper lead developers and an engineering manager in place - Given it's an established startup moving onto medium sized business now, there are plenty of new projects to work on, so you will always be moving onto different projects to challenge yourself in whatever project you do - Given the industry is sports tech, job security is quite good, given the current climate of redundancies - Food was great and plentiful, I can't seem to get make my own hollandaise sauce for the life of me as well as the VALD chefs do. You can claim this as a food allowance during EOFY tax time and it also saves you time from making your own food!
- Parking is an absolute pain unless you come early in the morning. However, if you are a developer, you can work remote quite comfortably nowadays so it's not a big problem if you live far away - Might be difficult to get promoted upwards in management now as they already have an established hierarchy of development leadership - Technical debt but I do believe this is now being addressed with the new structure. It has improved in the last year so this is gradually being addressed
- Former Intern, more than 1 year★★★★★
Great mentorship and wonderful people!5 Mar 2023 - Intern in BrisbaneRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My experience at VALD has been nothing but positive. Everyone is friendly, approachable, and passionate about what they do. My supervisor consistently supported and encouraged me to grow in my role. I always received detailed feedback on the tasks I completed as well as helpful general career advice. I see my time at VALD as an excellent development opportunity, and I would not be in the position I am in today without it. I am also thankful to the VALD leadership for their generosity, in particular, the CEO always made me feel like a valued member of the team.
There were no downsides to working at VALD.