Cover image for VALD

Current Intern

Great culture!

24 Oct 2022 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

- the people you get to work with are super welcoming and friendly. There is a ping pong table at lunch time which lots of people get around and play and was a great way to get to know people in the office - the projects you get to work on are pretty cool and the technology is super advanced. Regardless of if you love sports the data is super interesting from a health perspective as well - the amazing chefs who prep breakfast and lunch (and some snacks)

Cons

I don't have any negative comments to add :)

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place, face paced

31 Jan 2023 - Corporate Support Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company knows where it is heading. Is growing so we are putting on people not laying off like Swyftx where 2 of my friends just got redundant. Here we get to take ownership of my work and people respond. Also the culture is bang on like Mint coffee bar and food.

Cons

The air conditioning is good inside but some days it is hot for the warehouse staff. They are troupers

Continue reading
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good learning opportunity

31 Jan 2023 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good mentoring (gave me skills that I still use now at my current job when mentoring other developers) - Excellent tech stack - .NET/Typescript/React which is used widely in the industry - Well established development structure since the last year or so - have proper lead developers and an engineering manager in place - Given it's an established startup moving onto medium sized business now, there are plenty of new projects to work on, so you will always be moving onto different projects to challenge yourself in whatever project you do - Given the industry is sports tech, job security is quite good, given the current climate of redundancies - Food was great and plentiful, I can't seem to get make my own hollandaise sauce for the life of me as well as the VALD chefs do. You can claim this as a food allowance during EOFY tax time and it also saves you time from making your own food!

Cons

- Parking is an absolute pain unless you come early in the morning. However, if you are a developer, you can work remote quite comfortably nowadays so it's not a big problem if you live far away - Might be difficult to get promoted upwards in management now as they already have an established hierarchy of development leadership - Technical debt but I do believe this is now being addressed with the new structure. It has improved in the last year so this is gradually being addressed

2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about VALD.