USAA - USAA is cool | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "USAA is cool"

Current Employee - Business Advisor

I have been working at USAA full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work with good people

Cons

Competitive to get promoted but keep on pushing

USAA2019-10-19

"Great Company, horrid job!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vision, Mission, Members, Gorgeous facility, Education benefit, food access, gym and other Perks on campus, respectful environment, flex Schedules after a year, 401K, great job for retirees or those who do not care about promoting. Diverse and hires Veterans, Second chance employer in some cases. Paid training and college credits.

Cons

Pay is low, medical benefits are not great, coworkers lack of critical thinking skills causes issues, lack of qualified employee pool for this pay level job, lots of calls, hard to get promoted if you are younger. This job is hard for the low money it pays and requires higher level thinking abilities. This is severe and lacking in our country today, and especially in AZ, which has a lowly educated state populace. I... left because I hated the job, moved out of state, and got another job paying better. I was sad since I loved the company. I just hated the job. Maybe other opportunities. This work is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

I spend 90 percent of my day fixing wrong information given out by lazy or downright dumb employees who do not know how to do their job and lack critical thinking skills. Sorry, but just being honest. I loved the nice members but the nasty ones who insulted me ruined my day. You can only take that for so long before other jobs come calling.

USAA2019-10-25
  2. "Great company"

Former Intern - Intern in San Antonio, TX

I worked at USAA for less than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunities for career growth

Cons

Did not have any cons while working here

USAA2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about USAA.