USAA - Wonderful Company, Great Co-Workers, The whiners won't last. | Glassdoor.ie

"Wonderful Company, Great Co-Workers, The whiners won't last."

Current Employee - Auto Adjuster III in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at USAA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing Benefits Good Pay (when you count a virtually guaranteed year end bonus) Unbeatable Culture (tolerant of all people, from all backgrounds ... really!)

Cons

You are actually expected to continually work on yourself as a person, and build your personal 'brand', because you represent a company that expects more from you?

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

USAA2019-10-13

"Great Company, horrid job!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at USAA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vision, Mission, Members, Gorgeous facility, Education benefit, food access, gym and other Perks on campus, respectful environment, flex Schedules after a year, 401K, great job for retirees or those who do not care about promoting. Diverse and hires Veterans, Second chance employer in some cases. Paid training and college credits.

Cons

Pay is low, medical benefits are not great, coworkers lack of critical thinking skills causes issues, lack of qualified employee pool for this pay level job, lots of calls, hard to get promoted if you are younger. This job is hard for the low money it pays and requires higher level thinking abilities. This is severe and lacking in our country today, and especially in AZ, which has a lowly educated state populace. I... left because I hated the job, moved out of state, and got another job paying better. I was sad since I loved the company. I just hated the job. Maybe other opportunities. This work is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

I spend 90 percent of my day fixing wrong information given out by lazy or downright dumb employees who do not know how to do their job and lack critical thinking skills. Sorry, but just being honest. I loved the nice members but the nasty ones who insulted me ruined my day. You can only take that for so long before other jobs come calling.

USAA2019-10-25
  2. "Great place"

Current Employee - Decision Science Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at USAA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay Flexible hours Great gyms Great people

Cons

Compliance regulations Technology needs improvement

USAA2019-11-17

Discover more reviews about USAA.