The Conference Board of Canada - EVERYTHING IS FINE! | Glassdoor.ie

"EVERYTHING IS FINE!"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at The Conference Board of Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our employees are always getting to meet and work with variety of new colleagues. We produce top of the line research into organizational performance and leadership development. We fully take these practices to heart in our offices, thereby contributing to a harmonious work environment. In-person staff feedback is resoundingly positive.

Cons

Any negative sentiments towards our organization and its leadership team must be borne from a sense of entitlement by employees who deserve to, and probably already have had their “positions terminated”. No sweat though, our compassionate HR team are experts in quickly re-hiring the same positions every year to year-and-a-half. Those who have defied the odds and managed to keep their jobs have done so based purely... on recognized merit and nothing else quantifiable. Anyone remotely critical of our employment and/or business practices clearly isn’t on board with our new direction that involves taking everything the previous administration did and intensifying it to a comical degree.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, weather the storm, some other vapid cliché. Let’s all pat each other on the back and continue to proclaim that we’re one of Ottawa’s top employers with a viable business strategy and bright future. We should also invest more in planted Glassdoor company reviews.

The Conference Board of Canada2019-04-04

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Agree to disagree with the rest"

Former Employee - Marketing in Ottawa, ON

I worked at The Conference Board of Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I think it is safe to assume that the previous posts were written by disgruntled former employees wearing revenge-coloured glasses. It's easy to pick a company apart when you no longer work there and everything didn't go your way. I think the previous comments should all be taken with a grain of salt. - Amazing internal knowledge resources - The opportunity to learn about a lot of issues and topics impacting... Canadians - Great colleagues - Excellent benefits, RSP, and vacation - Supportive management that really care and recognize hard work - Nice office with affordable parking

Cons

- Slower moving as a lot of stakeholders can be involved in decision making - Non-profit resources (the learning opportunities, culture, benefits and colleagues make up for this)

Advice to Management

- Continue to invest in new ideas, new resources, and recognize and reward hard work and talent

The Conference Board of Canada2019-11-06

"DO NOT work at the conference board in economics"

Former Employee - Economic Analyst

I worked at The Conference Board of Canada full-time

Pros

Good colleagues, good food at the caf

Cons

Two directors of economics with 20 or more years of experience pushed out. Economists with 2-3 year experience r leaving for better workplaces No good pay or benefits compared to other employers in Ott or in Toronto

The Conference Board of Canada2019-10-31

Discover more reviews about The Conference Board of Canada.