Success Academy Charter Schools - Middle School Lead Teacher | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "Middle School Lead Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The growth that I have had in the past four years as a teacher surpasses the experience I could have had elsewhere. Success pushes for your development as a teacher, forming you to be the best version of yourself in front of children. That being said, your development also depends on who your school leaders are. However, Success as an organization is quick to make changes, so they will recognize when something is... not working and work towards improving it. Additionally, the benefits you receive are an added plus.

Cons

The work life balance is difficult. We do work long hours and have a lot of expectations as a teacher. As mentioned above, your experience can also vary depending on your school leader. If you cannot handle stress, then teaching will not be the job for you.

Advice to Management

Do not forget your experiences as a teacher when making systems for teachers.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-09-17

"Leadership is rotten from the top"

Current Employee - Network in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We get to do great work for a great cause

Cons

Everything that isn't in the PROS section

Advice to Management

You are not more important than the people who work for you. Here's a scenario. I have a meeting at 2:00 p.m. I have a room reserved. I need to have that meeting. My boss is in that room. She literally makes me wait 25 minutes with no regard to my schedule or my meetings. Does this seem petty of me to write this? Yes. Absolutely. Is it indicative of a major problem at Success. Yes. Upper... Management has no idea how much those who work for them cannot stand the sight of them. This is across the board. These are people who are condescending. These are people who don't care. These are people who think that when there is massive turnover (and there is M-A-S-S-I-V-E turnover) that it's not their fault... the people who leave just can't "hack it here." The work environment needs to change. The culture has to change. Or the amazing work that is being done for these students in our community will be for nothing.

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-11-06

"great benefits not so great teacher culture"

Former Employee - First Grade Associate Teacher in New York, NY

I worked at Success Academy Charter Schools full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great Benefits -No experience in teaching necessary -Ample pay -relocation assistance

Cons

-During training they speak immensely on school culture involving the students and community, however one thing they fail to discuss is the teacher culture. -The teacher community isn't as friendly to newcomers as you would hope them to be, it instead feels like something out of a high school tv drama where constant shade is being thrown and no amount of respect is given even when you're doing everything right.... - Leadership tends to get involved far too often to a point of suffocation.

Advice to Management

-Allow the grade teams to interact and carry out their work without leadership constantly being on their backs. -Start treating AT's with a bit more respect

Success Academy Charter Schools2019-11-09

Discover more reviews about Success Academy Charter Schools.