Shell Energy Retail - Really impressed so far | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "Really impressed so far"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Coventry, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great salary - Flexibility to work at home 2 / 3 days a week or as required - Flexible hours promote a healthy work / life balance - Top of the range Mac Book Pro - Large car park with free electric charging - High quality cooked food and snacks on offer - Safety is top priority

Cons

- Benefits not as good as other places I've worked - Minimum pension - Toilets feel too public

Shell Energy Retail2019-11-14

"Quality"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Coventry, CT

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having been with First Utility for 5 years, I have seen both ends of the spectrum. Having teething problems with the ever expanding customer base, given the more than competitive pricing to show customers there is a better way, than just the usual "Big 6". To then come out the other side with over one million accounts and growing our customer base further was a surreal feeling. To be part of the continued success is... a great but also shows we cannot be content with where we had got to and rest on our laurels, but to continue to expand and make the difference in the energy market and for all the right reasons. The pros for me are as follows: Our customers (This is the reason we currently have a job so my biggest thanks to our customers), The People, The Environment, Reward and Recognition, Learning and Development, Location, First for Technology. These are to name a few and I really could continue forever and a day. You can never learn too much in this sector of work, as energy is ever changing and something I would love to continue to be a part of. I have personally been given the opportunity to progress within the business which I am forever grateful for given that no other company has put their faith in me as much as First Utility.

Cons

As of today, I do not feel there are any downsides. I pride myself on honesty and would be scathing if there was anything to write home about. The fact of the matter is that, yes we had problems previously within our early years, ranging from the office space to systems not performing as they should however the more we grow as a business, the more we look to progress as an employer and have ironed out a number of... creases we previously had (so to speak). I have experienced three office moves, and all for the benefit and growth. Opening up jobs withing Leamington, Warwick and now Coventry along with expanding across Europe.

Advice to Management

To continue to put faith in our internal employees and help them further to reach their goals and personal development aims. Ultimately to remain loyal to our customers as without these, we would not have employment.

Shell Energy Retail2017-03-07
  2. "Love it so much no complaints"

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was very good to work here

Cons

Nothing bad at mall today

Shell Energy Retail2019-11-15

Discover more reviews about Shell Energy Retail.