"Really impressed so far"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Coventry, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great salary - Flexibility to work at home 2 / 3 days a week or as required - Flexible hours promote a healthy work / life balance - Top of the range Mac Book Pro - Large car park with free electric charging - High quality cooked food and snacks on offer - Safety is top priority

Cons

- Benefits not as good as other places I've worked - Minimum pension - Toilets feel too public

December 18, 2019

Thanks so much for your 5-star review! It's great to hear you mention the flexibility you have to get the best outcome from the effort you put into your work. Supporting our colleagues so that everyone has the opportunity to strive to be the best they can be is really important to us. Agile working is a key part of that culture, whether that's within the office environment, making use of project spaces, the atrium, the Den, hot-desking, or utilising the flexibility to work from home. I'm also really pleased to hear you mention our facilities. That's an area we've invested heavily in over the last 12 months. We extended the car park so that, as you highlight, there is ample free parking available on-site. As champions of sustainable energy, we also actively encourage our colleagues to look at environmentally friendly options such as electric vehicles for their commute and provide free EV charging for our colleagues. Our benefits package is always under review so I would encourage you to watch this space for some updates in the near future. Thank you for your continued contribution to our success, John.

"Quality"

5.0
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Coventry, CT

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having been with First Utility for 5 years, I have seen both ends of the spectrum. Having teething problems with the ever expanding customer base, given the more than competitive pricing to show customers there is a better way, than just the usual "Big 6". To then come out the other side with over one million accounts and growing our customer base further was a surreal feeling. To be part of the continued success is a great but also shows we cannot be content with where we had got to and rest on our laurels, but to continue to expand and make the difference in the energy market and for all the right reasons. The pros for me are as follows: Our customers (This is the reason we currently have a job so my biggest thanks to our customers), The People, The Environment, Reward and Recognition, Learning and Development, Location, First for Technology. These are to name a few and I really could continue forever and a day. You can never learn too much in this sector of work, as energy is ever changing and something I would love to continue to be a part of. I have personally been given the opportunity to progress within the business which I am forever grateful for given that no other company has put their faith in me as much as First Utility.

Cons

As of today, I do not feel there are any downsides. I pride myself on honesty and would be scathing if there was anything to write home about. The fact of the matter is that, yes we had problems previously within our early years, ranging from the office space to systems not performing as they should however the more we grow as a business, the more we look to progress as an employer and have ironed out a number of creases we previously had (so to speak). I have experienced three office moves, and all for the benefit and growth. Opening up jobs withing Leamington, Warwick and now Coventry along with expanding across Europe.

Continue reading

March 15, 2017Chief People Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post such a positive review. Brilliant, thanks. Additionally, I'm delighted to read that your pros are, "to name a few and you really could continue forever and a day". It's the dedication and engagement you've captured here that makes all the difference. Thank you again for taking the time to post such a great review - and thanks for making a difference at First Utility. Best wishes, John

2. "Love it so much no complaints"

4.0
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was very good to work here

Cons

Nothing bad at mall today

December 18, 2019

Thanks very much for your review! Being with us for more than 3 years, you've been an integral part of the huge journey we've been (and are still) on. As you know we've set ourselves some big ambitions and we're determined to deliver them for our customers and colleagues. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and for your continued contribution to our journey, John.

Discover more reviews about Shell Energy Retail.