Scrapinghub - Not the best place to be at | Glassdoor.ie

"Not the best place to be at"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote with nice people all over the world.

Cons

- No transparency in the decision making - Senior management doesn't take responsibility for what they do - No trust between CEO, his favourites and other company - No critics allowed. Especially no critics for CEO and his favourites. - Awful engineering quality and culture. However management doesn't want to improve anything - Die hard to get salary rise regardless of efficiency and results.

Advice to Management

Replacement of CEO most probably would improve the company. Current CEO tends to avoid hard reality.

Scrapinghub2018-05-02

Scrapinghub Response

June 13, 2018

Thanks for your comments. For sure, one of the great things about Scrapinghub is that we are a remote company and our people are based in many corners of the world. My philosophy is that you don’t need to compromise on your career in order to live where you choose. As a former ...

Other Employee Reviews

"Great place to work"

I worked at Scrapinghub

Pros

-Great people with a real dedication to creating a best in class product -Teams willing to improve processes and dedicated to continuous improvement -Communications handled well overall and everyone is helpful and friendly -Great to work with professionals who are experts in their areas (especially the support team)

Cons

As is normal with younger companies expanding rapidly, it can be difficult to keep up with new features and planned releases for the various platforms

Advice to Management

Invest in dedicated, automation/ QA professionals on the platform teams, introduce automation framework to improve quality

Scrapinghub2016-05-10

"My Scrapinghub experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cork

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time

Pros

- Very good developers - Remote working - Lots of open source

Cons

- Teams rarely meet face to face - Overworked and hard to reach managers - No objectives or view shared by management on where the company is going

Scrapinghub2016-09-15

Discover more reviews about Scrapinghub.