Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good company, great people

Sep 19, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great city centre location with lots of transport routes and solid choice of places to eat. This area of Dublin is only going to get better with the new building work that is going on around the office. Realex is a fantastic place to grow your career if you're willing to apply yourself. You'll be working with some very best people and the latest technology. On occasion you may have to dabble with some older tech so you'll be getting a wide variety of experience. Realex lately are quite flexible in terms of the work environment, having recently renovated the desktops in favour of laptops, there are quite a few people working remotely when it better suits them. There seems to be a lot of opportunity for travel if you're in to that. Free coffee and lots of free fruit. Occasionally there is beer and pizza in the office while someone gets to show off something clever that they've been working on. Great social aspect to working at Realex, you'll probably be out on the tear with your colleagues a lot. Sports and Social have a healthy budget too, for company social events, they organise all sorts from Secret Santa, to charity based events, to cinema trips and the odd drinking session.

Cons

The open plan office can be a bit counter productive sometimes and for the number of people in the Dublin office it can be a bit cramped in certain areas and at certain times. It's fine if you get yourself a pair of noise cancelling headphones. The laptop screens are ultra low resolution, so despite having the mobility, you're tied to your desk. No breaking away for some quiet time. The culture of the company has changed a bit since Global Payments took over (there are pros and cons to this and if you're joining new then you probably wont see the cons since the cons are largely by contrast).

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

-Great Company

Dec 16, 2020 - Manager in Burlingame, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great Managers to work with.

Cons

-unorganized company and structure. -not enough training

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Work with great people

Oct 6, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part of working here is the people, the enthusiasm they have and the culture that was bred from the start.

Cons

Minimal benefits packages until recently, and not really willing (or able) to challenge the other FinTech players in London or Dublin.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Realex Payments Response

Organisation Development BP

Thank you for the feedback. I’m glad you share our enthusiasm for the people that work here, I agree that they are the best part! Other organisations undoubtedly have cool benefits that we don’t offer (e.g. free food, office puppies, ice cream machines, rock-climbing walls etc). Our philosophy is to provide for the fundamental benefits that are important to our employees – an excellent bonus plan, a generous pension plan, fully subsidised healthcare, and a fantastic share saving scheme – and to really focus on the things that get our team out of bed in the morning – career development supports and opportunities, learning and development, and the opportunity to take the lead on innovative projects that really matter to our business. We can always improve however, so thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Discover more reviews about Realex Payments.