Employee Review

Former Temporary Employee

GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Jul 2, 2021 - Sales Advisor in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere was amazing and the customers and staff were easy to work with.

Cons

It was Black Friday. Busy!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great benefits

Oct 22, 2021 - Shipping and Receiving
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee benefits were really good

Cons

It was hard to move from the field to corporate positions

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

No doubt depends on the part of the company you work in, but my experience has been phenomenal

Oct 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work with wonderful people who are both driven and caring. Management goes out of their way to emphasize the importance of work-life balance, and seems to genuinely mean it. Despite the various scandals Nike has been embroiled in over the last 5 years or so, I cannot think of a less sexist-feeling environment. The majority of leaders around me are strong, confident women, well-respected by their male and female colleagues alike, who aren't afraid to speak frankly and unapologetically about their priorities outside of work, which, as a new mom myself, I've been very grateful for. Great benefits as well, which keep getting better (though some more PTO would always be nice).

Cons

The way the 2020 reorg was handled was annoying, to say the least. An attempt at transparency backfired when incomplete information left us more questioning/paranoid than we might have been otherwise, for months. The changes that were made were then hardly explained, resulting in a lot of confusion. Short of that, I'm not sure any complaints I have are unique to Nike so much as the inevitable result of an organization this huge. My area of the company is still in its infancy, relatively speaking, so there are a lot of uncharted processes we're trying to figure out and navigating the "matrix" to get things done can be a nightmare, recent "simplication" (AKA reorg) notwithstanding.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about NIKE.