NCSA Next College Student Athlete - Helping families one call at a time | Glassdoor.ie

"Helping families one call at a time"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment, competitive environment, Love the sales aspect of this, your effort = your success.

Cons

Work too many hours / working weekends sucks

Advice to Management

Do not require weekend work!

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-04-01

"Changes always for the better!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiting Coordinator & Mentor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Lots of flexibility on hours if you get your job done have tenure. -Laid back dress code, jeans are allowed on a daily basis. -Good amount of free food. -Can work from home if you consistently hit numbers. -Changes are made for the better based on employee feedback -Always good people working here that are like minded with former sports backgrounds. -The pay is good and gets better every year, takes time to work your way up commission scales and to hit your stride but once you do, you make more year over year. -Product is unmatched for recruiting services. -Really strong leadership at the top that makes changes for the better and lead by example. -Everyone received raises this year and some even bigger ones based on performance. -Always tons of resources to utilize to get more skilled and better at the RC role. -Culture legitimately feels like a winning locker room and there is little to no negativity which provides a winning team! -The competitive environment in the sales department creates a great atmosphere on a daily basis.

Cons

-Not a downside for me personally, but new people the learning curve is different for everyone, some people take off instantly, some it takes a little longer to hit their stride. -The phone system has issues a decent amount, not extended periods of time but just have to be patient sometimes. -Other than the few things I mentioned above it is a incredible place to work if you are a hard worker and listen to coaching the rest takes care of itself.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and making the right changes and this place could become an even bigger force to be reckon with.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2019-12-26

"Rewarding work and fun company."

Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a remote position. It was very rewarding to help Student/Athletes and families prepare for a very exciting time in their lives. NCSA's product lets you really be a consultant instead of a salesman. Many families contact NCSA for help and are already somewhat informed.

Cons

I believe the work/life balance has improved since my time. But, for years, we had no PTO and literally never took a day off. An extremely competitive environment led me to work every single day for over a year. M-F, saturdays, sundays etc. Literally 365. I believe this has improved, but I worry they don't care about employee turnover.

NCSA Next College Student Athlete2020-01-08

Discover more reviews about NCSA Next College Student Athlete.