Mollie - Great work environment | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Medior Compliance Officer in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Mollie for almost two years, and honestly, time has flown by. One of the best things about Mollie is the great culture, vibe and colleagues. The co-workers are all extremely driven, ambitious and enjoy working together to improve Mollie's product. Taking responsibility and ownership is something that is greatly encouraged within Mollie. The company also invests in personal and professional growth and... in hosting teambuilding events (summer parties, (sports) activities, etc) and has other perks like Mollie merchandise, flexible hours and free lunch. One of the major benefits of being a compliance officer at Mollie, is that the team is relatively small, which means that you have a lot of individual responsibility and there is room to take on projects independently, while still having the benefits of being able to spar with your colleagues. The team is extremely knowledgeable and talented, so there are a lot opportunities to learn and to grow within the team and company.

Cons

Mollie operates in a complex environment, with a great deal of regulatory requirements, obligations and internal policies, which can make it a challenging environment to work in. There are many things happening at the same time that require attention, but since the team is quite small, the individual workload can be quite big. On the other hand, these challenges and having to take responsibility and ownership over... projects is exactly what makes it an interesting environment to work in.

Advice to Management

Never forget to keep an eye on the company culture. Mollie has a unique company culture, but since the company has grown so fast over the last couple of months maintaining the vibe and culture is definitely a point of attention.

Mollie2019-09-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Feeling right at home!"

Current Employee - Backend Engineer in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mollie is one of those companies where they do not only say they solve problems in the best way possible but actually enables you to do so. You can take time to actually create well tailored code and this is a mentality that lives with every programmer at Mollie. It also makes me really feel at home, working with a lot of great minds and generally nice people makes me a really happy developer.

Cons

As with many companies the future roadmap is not always that clear. I feel like this is where Mollie could really improve.

Advice to Management

Making the future of the company more transparent and clear could really make us Mollies believe in it and have more passion about it.

Mollie2019-11-18
  2. "Great fintech atmosphere in the centre of Amsterdam"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

I have been working at Mollie part-time for less than a year

Pros

At Mollie you can be who you really are! When you are coming from a very big company you can't believe that in the beginning, but they support you in being as authentic as possible. Only authentic you can show your real potential! The application process went really fast and smooth. Between the first call and the last interview is not lying much time and when you start at your first day almost everything is set... up so you don't have to wait for days to gain access to the system. From the first day on you are a part of Mollie and you will be seen as a full member and get fast responsibility. I really enjoy the trust they have in me and my work.

Cons

I don't have any negative points right now.

Advice to Management

None.

Mollie2019-11-15

Discover more reviews about Mollie.