"System Analyst"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Work life balance good company to work for

Cons

company is only good for starters

November 12, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there and thanks for the brief review on the time spent with us so far! We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying the work / life balance that we offer and the other great benefits of working here. We would like to learn more about your comment on Long View being 'only good for starters' as we encourage career growth and offer many opportunities to make that happen. Can you please connect with your People Services Advisor so that you can learn more about how to progress your career at Long View? We are looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks for all you do!

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Long View's a good place to work. There is room to advance your career if you work hard and help with company goals.

Cons

We work with technology, so it requires after-hours and weekend work that isn't my favorite.

Continue reading

July 2, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Long View so far! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here and that you feel that you can grow with us. That's our intent! We understand the after-hours and weekend work isn't desirable, but also sometimes part of the key IT role you play. Have you discussed this with your Manager or PS Advisor to see if there's anything that can be done to reduce this? If not, please do. And thanks for all you do!

"Not so Great People or Culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good for people starting out in IT. Decent pay

Cons

Don't go to HR as they will throw you under the bus. Some managers have been with company for 17years, making company not see its full potential. Business is all Oil&Gas, so if that goes down they have lots of layoffs. Company values aren't really practiced in US operations. Managers are all Canadians, they don't allow Senior Managers to be Americans. Company is ran by bunch of friends, instead of true leadership.

April 2, 2020SVP, People Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our People Services team and that you're not seeing our values being practiced in the US. Those are both aspects that we care deeply about and we want to rectify very quickly. It's difficult for me to act on your response with so little detail, but I would highly value a confidential conversation with you to better understand what you experienced. You can reach me on any of our company communication methods and I'd welcome that conversation so we can learn and improve!

Discover more reviews about Long View Systems.