1. "Company with both heart and smarts!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a great place to work. Leadership is caring, honest, and transparent. I’ve had no shortage of challenging work to keep me interested. Training is available, we have good health benefits, vacation time, etc. It can be a challenge to get a job here, but it’s worth the effort!

Cons

All my experiences have been positive so far!

Continue reading

July 2, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time out to review your 5 years (so far!) at Long View. We are happy to hear that your leadership team is giving you the experience that we set out to give and that you are staying challenged in your career. Thanks for all you do for us!

1. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Long View's a good place to work. There is room to advance your career if you work hard and help with company goals.

Cons

We work with technology, so it requires after-hours and weekend work that isn't my favorite.

Continue reading

July 2, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Long View so far! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here and that you feel that you can grow with us. That's our intent! We understand the after-hours and weekend work isn't desirable, but also sometimes part of the key IT role you play. Have you discussed this with your Manager or PS Advisor to see if there's anything that can be done to reduce this? If not, please do. And thanks for all you do!

"Not so Great People or Culture"

2.0
    Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good for people starting out in IT. Decent pay

Cons

Don't go to HR as they will throw you under the bus. Some managers have been with company for 17years, making company not see its full potential. Business is all Oil&Gas, so if that goes down they have lots of layoffs. Company values aren't really practiced in US operations. Managers are all Canadians, they don't allow Senior Managers to be Americans. Company is ran by bunch of friends, instead of true leadership.

April 2, 2020SVP, People Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our People Services team and that you're not seeing our values being practiced in the US. Those are both aspects that we care deeply about and we want to rectify very quickly. It's difficult for me to act on your response with so little detail, but I would highly value a confidential conversation with you to better understand what you experienced. You can reach me on any of our company communication methods and I'd welcome that conversation so we can learn and improve!

Discover more reviews about Long View Systems.