"Nice Company but not for software development"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time

Pros

LGM is a nice company that treats their employee well. They have good benefits and give back to the community.

Cons

The software development department is lacking in direction. They were building a new in house system, but they kept the tech team isolated from the users of the system. It was unclear if what was being built would be useful and if it was going in the right direction. The pay was also much lower than I had experienced in other positions.

LGM Financial Services Response

May 15, 2018CEO

Hello and thanks for your note on Glassdoor. Sounds like you are no longer with LGM and since I don't know how long it has been since you departed, it makes it a little more difficult to ascertain how recent these concerns are. About 18 months ago we launched the biggest technology endeavour in our history and it was a difficult process to get there. We definitely tried our best but we sure learned a lot of lessons too. If that was your era, I could definitely understand your perspective. Fast forwarding to today's team and vision for technology, I can say that I am VERY proud of the team we've created and I get to witness personally the fantastic features being added into our HUB system every quarter. It really is inspiring and one of LGM's crown jewels. If you were not around long enough to see the dramatic transformation and the engagement of our tech team of recent times then I feel that is unfortunate. Perhaps you would not have left if you could now see how LGM gets things done in technology. Wishing you great success in your own career and life. Sincerely, Adam. :-)

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great company to work at"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership was awesome and took care of its employees. The team was super inclusive and bright. Generally speaking the environment at LGM was awesome.

Cons

The insurance industry can only get so exciting.

Continue reading
  2. "Fantastic Employer that cares to be responsible to its employees, customers, business partners and industry"

5.0
    Former Employee - EVP, Finance in Vancouver, BC

I worked at LGM Financial Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The organization lives by its core values with the primary focus on what is the right thing to do and not the net income generation.

Cons

Although I enjoyed my 13 years with the organization, it is a fast paced environment with audacious goals and objectives that may be too much for some to handle

Continue reading

LGM Financial Services Response

May 15, 2020President and CEO

Thanks for your thoughtful review and more importantly your 13 years of service to our LGM family! I completely agree with your assessment in terms of living our values, doing the right things, as well as having a BIG appetite for challenging goals. We will do our best to ensure your legacy lives on! All the best in your next endeavors!

Discover more reviews about LGM Financial Services.