1. "Associate"

5.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at KPMG full-time

Pros

Good training programme and continuous learning

Cons

None that I can find

1. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at KPMG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Attention to employee and culture.

Cons

Promotions can take longer than competitors.

2. "A good place to begin your career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at KPMG full-time

Pros

I personally have had a very positive experience at KPMG. There is a strong culture amongst colleagues--people are willing to teach you if you are willing to listen and put in the work. You learn a lot in your first few years across a lot of audit areas and potentially a lot of industries. In my experience, Resource Management/your PML will listen to you and will go to bat for you if you don't feel that a particular engagement or industry is a good fit, so long as you are making your own wishes heard. Although the nature of public accounting does kind of circumvent work-life balance at times, partners/managers/RM are all generally very understanding about taking time for yourself. Exit opportunities, as with all Big 4 and large national firms, are good. (As with all national firms culture can vary by office location and service line--or even team. I can't speak for anyone's experience but my own.)

Cons

Public accounting can sometimes be pretty mind-numbing work, especially in your first years. You basically don't have a life during busy season(s), and what free time you do have during these times is wasted because you feel too burnt out to do anything fun or productive.

Discover more reviews about KPMG.