John Hancock - Countless Opportunities | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "Countless Opportunities"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Boston, MA

I worked at John Hancock full-time for less than a year

Pros

The intern program directors do a great job of stressing networking, and encouraging interns to reach out to whomever they want to help them learn more about the company, or gain career advice and company insight. Big group of interns can make for a fun summer too, you won't be the only younger person in your office/building. Debate/Case Study/Presentations are great events as well, and really helped me... practice different ways of public speaking, among other skills.

Cons

With such a big program, communication between program directors and individuals/individual's managers can lack a bit.

Advice to Management

Be very clear-cut within the first two days to all interns (and have individual managers know it as well) the expectations in terms of days off, working from home options, what to do if an intern doesn't have a lot of work to do, and other housekeeping items.

John Hancock2019-08-08
  1. "Intern"

Current Intern - Internal Wholesaler in Boston, MA

I have been working at John Hancock for less than a year

Pros

Very collaborative work environment. The Intern group of 12 all came from very prestigious backgrounds

Cons

The work seemed to dry up quickly when finished a project

John Hancock2019-11-06
  2. "Fun and Competitive Culture"

Current Employee - Internal Business Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at John Hancock full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work out of the Tempe office and absolutely love the people I work with. Minimum expectations are easy to meet. However if you want to move up you have to be exceeding. Depending on your team you may start work early so you get out early.

Cons

Difficult to bonus because you have to be in the top out of the entire Boston and Tempe office. A lot of politics but if you know how to play the game you are good.

John Hancock2019-10-31

Discover more reviews about John Hancock.