Hotjar - Concept Does not Scale | Glassdoor.ie
  1. "Concept Does not Scale"

Former Employee - Devops Engineer

I worked at Hotjar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Perks, remote work location.

Cons

CEO has no idea of the future and the Marketshare he wants to get in the analytics market. Don't think this company will reach a peak growth. Typical European working attitude.

Hotjar2019-06-14

Other Employee Reviews

"I wasn't expecting this..."

Current Employee - Content Strategist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for less than a year

Pros

I used Hotjar in my previous business for more than two years and I was also following their story so I felt like I knew the company. When I started with Hotjar I was expecting to see cracks appearing... That's because, in the past, the picture painted by my previous employers and the reality were really different. It wasn't the case with Hotjar. I have yet to find something to complain about... The pros... include: - Smart, humble colleagues with common sense who know a lot more than you do - True remote lifestyle as long as you have a good internet - There is a subtle balance between audacious goals we want to reach and the patience of knowing we're going to get there. We're not in a race against time. - The co-founders are all really cool and smart, they have this Level 5 Leadership that Jim Collins describes in Good to Great (read the book!): "These Leaders have a unique combination of fierce resolve and humility." - Everybody is encouraged to be productive during their working hours so we can all "go home" on time. - Amazing perks and benefits: 40 days holidays, budget to go on holiday, amazing retreats twice a year, budget to learn new stuff... So many! Hotjar clearly cares about their people.

Cons

I really can't find any.

Advice to Management

I have no doubt that you will stay the way you are. The challenge is going to keep this amazing culture as we grow.

Hotjar2017-07-02
  2. "Best company I have worked for by far"

Current Employee - Paid Marketing Specialist in York, England

I have been working at Hotjar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rigorous recruitment process to ensure you are the right fit for the role and the role is right for you too Transparency Honesty Friendliness Lots of opportunity for personal development People who genuinely care and want to see you succeed People who listen and take feedback on board Regular 1:1s with your lead Trust Remote working Work the hours you are at your best

Cons

As long as you can manage your working time, ensuring you don't over-work yourself (which is a risk when working remote) there are no cons for me.

Advice to Management

I know I am not the only one to get wow moments almost every day at Hotjar, so continue as you are!

Hotjar2019-11-14

Discover more reviews about Hotjar.