1. "Good Place to Start Your Career"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Arlington, VA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Grant Thornton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great place to start your career, a lot of opportunity for different projects - Great People - Fair pay - Good work/life balance (especially compared to a Big 4)

Cons

- Advancement within the company is highly correlated to business development - not to your actual client work. There is a very high stress on writing proposals if you want to move up. Actually doing well on your deliverables is hardly recognized. - You get placed in Service Lines and Business Units which theoretically dictate the type of work you do based on your skill set. However, this is very unorganized and in practice, you'll likely just get placed on a project wherever they can bill you. - Not as many project opportunities as a Big 4.

Continue reading

Grant Thornton Response

People & Culture

Thank you for sharing feedback about your experience at Grant Thornton. We focus on offering our employees an environment to communicate openly, while enacting opportunities for our employees to advance themselves, their teams, and their clients. We value your opinion and will use this feedback to help make Grant Thornton an even better place to work.

1. "Great Culture"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Grant Thornton full-time

Pros

They care about your personal growth

Cons

Pay may not be commensurate with competitors

2. "good people"

4.0
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Grant Thornton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

exactly what you would expect in pubic accounting. The people really make the career

Cons

long hours, some tough clients

Discover more reviews about Grant Thornton.